The ones who really love you
Walk up and down outside the wall.
Some hand in hand
And some gathered together in bands.
The bleeding hearts and artists
Make their stand.

And when they've given you their all
Some stagger and fall, after all it's not easy
Banging your heart against some mad buggers wall.

"Isn't this where...."
Quote:I just got a bit annoyed by the way in the US people are constantly badmouthing Cuba and now Venezuela....treating them like enemies that are on the brink of attacking the US.

I am far from an apologist for the United States' treatment of either Cuba or Venezuela, but in terms of playing the demonization card, what's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander. Fidel Castro has been using the US as his perennial boogeyman for half a century. One does not require very powerful Google-fu to find high-profile examples of Hugo Chavez doing the same.

-Jester
Quote: Fidel Castro has been using the US as his perennial boogeyman for half a century.
-Jester

OK you made me change your mind. I now also find it strange that a man uses a country as a boogeyman after that country tried to kill him, tried to invade his country, occupies party of his country, boycots his country and treats fled drugdealers as heroes.

Anyway to go back to discussion topic which was gas prizes.

I think Chavez ensures super low fuel prizes in Venezuela....I think this is not a good thing. Even in Venezuela people apparently find their car more important than anything else......people are the same everywhere.
Quote:Hey, Kan, how's our softwood lumber money coming along in paying off your national debt?:whistling:

Gotta hope the world isn't forced to deal (pun intended) with the USITC, eh?
Well, I'm on Canada's side on that debate. The US is violating the purpose for NAFTA.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Quote:OK you made me change your mind. I now also find it strange that a man uses a country as a bogeyman after that country tried to kill him, tried to invade his country, occupies party of his country, boycotts his country and treats fled drug dealers as heroes.

Anyway to go back to discussion topic which was gas prizes.

I think Chavez ensures super low fuel prizes in Venezuela....I think this is not a good thing. Even in Venezuela people apparently find their car more important than anything else......people are the same everywhere.
Hey eppie! Remember that little event called the Cold War, fears of world-wide communist expansion, and culminating in the "Cuban Missile Crisis" when the US and the USSR were as close as they ever could have been to starting WWWIII? There were more geo-political factors in play than just the big bully US picking on poor little Castro.

The way that the US handled Cuba back then was stupid. They drove Castro to the USSR.

The point is that Chavez is a different story.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Quote:http://fightthegasprices.com/

New site I just made, give it a look see please.

Thanks

I re tweeked the site to be more information based rather then a "movement". Now you can get daily RSS feeds from topics such as Gas Prices, E 85, Hydrogen, Hybrid cars, and Energy. So now its news based on the daily topics we all want to read and learn about with key topics automatically grabbed from multiple sites and inserted into one spot on my site. Maybe thats a better approach.
"Those with the ability to act, have the responsibility to act."
Quote:http://fightthegasprices.com/

New site I just made, give it a look see please.

Thanks

I re tweeked the site to be more information based rather then a "movement". Now you can get daily RSS feeds from topics such as Gas Prices, E 85, Hydrogen, Hybrid cars, and Energy. So now its news based on the daily topics we all want to read and learn about with key topics automatically grabbed from multiple sites and inserted into one spot on my site. Maybe thats a better approach.
"Those with the ability to act, have the responsibility to act."
Quote:Maybe thats a better approach.

Sound's like a good one to me. Get the information out, let people do with it what they may.:)

Cheers,

Munk