Hey everyone
Hey everyone, I'm a returning Diablo player that's looking for legit players to play with on Battle.net. I'm always willing to start fresh characters, or I have a Level 19 Warrior I've been playing recently.

My two accounts are YoungHawkins and MrB.

Also, I had a question for you guys. Is there a legit way of muling items on Battle.net without a partner? I've always enjoyed the collecting aspect of online RPGs, and even once I obtain better equipment, I'd really like to be able to store away my unique items somewhere. In Diablo II I remember there sort of being a work-around where if you stayed in a game for a few minutes, it would stay up for a short time even once it was empty. So you could quickly jump in and out of it by yourself. Is there anything like that possible with Diablo I? Luckily I play with my brother often, so he can help, but if he's not on, I can't do much except toss them or have a really stuffed inventory until I play with him again.

Thanks, and hope to play with you guys soon.
<span style="color:#D1BC94">A legit Diablo I <strike>player</strike> newbie always looking for a partner or two.<!--/sizec-->

<span style="color:#E8E8E8">Battle.net accounts: <span style="color:#CCCCCC">(all East)<!--/sizec-->
[Image: lurkerline.gif]
<span style="color:#D1BC94">YoungHawkins<!--/sizec--> <span style="color:#B4B4B4"> | <span style="color:#AEAEAE">Level 21 Warrior<!--/sizec-->
<span style="color:#D1BC94">MrB<!--/sizec--> <span style="color:#B4B4B4"> | <span style="color:#AEAEAE">Level 24 Mage<!--/sizec-->
<span style="color:#D1BC94">PotatoB<!--/sizec--> <span style="color:#B4B4B4"> | <span style="color:#AEAEAE">Mule<!--/sizec-->

<span style="color:#E8E8E8">My Unique items: <span style="color:#CCCCCC">(6 of 80)<!--/sizec-->
<span style="color:#D1BC94">Torn Flesh of Souls, Leather of Aut, The Cranium Basher, Fool's Crest, The Bonesaw, The Grandfather<!--/sizec-->
There's a program developed that has been released, although I've never used it myself. Here's the link to the page where we have it:

http://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/index...topic=7926

Personally, I just use friends because it's faster and I'd hate to have to trust something that I didn't program myself. But I'd welcome you to give that a shot and post any questions that you may have about it in that thread.
Yeah, Googling for a program like that is how I found this forum. I couldn't get it to work myself though, when I try to login to B.net, it says it couldn't figure out the version of my game. I'm sort of in the same boat you are in myself, and I'd rather not use exterior programs for anything.
<span style="color:#D1BC94">A legit Diablo I <strike>player</strike> newbie always looking for a partner or two.<!--/sizec-->

<span style="color:#E8E8E8">Battle.net accounts: <span style="color:#CCCCCC">(all East)<!--/sizec-->
<span style="color:#D1BC94">YoungHawkins<!--/sizec--> <span style="color:#B4B4B4"> | <span style="color:#AEAEAE">Level 21 Warrior<!--/sizec-->
<span style="color:#D1BC94">MrB<!--/sizec--> <span style="color:#B4B4B4"> | <span style="color:#AEAEAE">Level 24 Mage<!--/sizec-->
<span style="color:#D1BC94">PotatoB<!--/sizec--> <span style="color:#B4B4B4"> | <span style="color:#AEAEAE">Mule<!--/sizec-->

<span style="color:#E8E8E8">My Unique items: <span style="color:#CCCCCC">(6 of 80)<!--/sizec-->
<span style="color:#D1BC94">Torn Flesh of Souls, Leather of Aut, The Cranium Basher, Fool's Crest, The Bonesaw, The Grandfather<!--/sizec-->
If you're on East the channel Diablo LE has seen some activity lately. Most of the people there would be happy to help you mule. I can't vouch for all of them personally, but as far as I know, it's a network composed of members of this site, a few others, and friends of the folks in them.

If you're not on East, I'd recommend moving to East (not a problem in Diablo original--simply change your login gateway), as that's what pretty much the entire community has done as far as I know.

--me
Actually, the legit community on Europe is a lot stronger than the one on East. Unfortunately, most of them can't speak English...
Quote:Actually, the legit community on Europe is a lot stronger than the one on East. Unfortunately, most of them can't speak English...

I went to Diablo LE channel, and... I'm not really sure what was going on. I guess these two hackers were in there making a big fuss. There was a lot of angry people. I'll try again some other time I guess.

Hi Brad,

There are a couple things I'd suggest for a 'new' Diablo player.

Ulmo's Diablo Stash is awesome... I haven't attempted to use it on Battle.net, but it's supposed to work IIRC. There is a bug, but it can be avoided - if you create a new character after just starting the game up, without logging into a game on an existing character, your stash will be cleared. Just keep that in mind and it shouldn't be a problem... I also have a batch file to backup all of my character/stash files.

You should try to find a copy of Hellfire. It's not sold in stores anymore. The only accepted way to get it around here is to ebay it.

After you get Hellfire, you can then start playing The Dark, a really great mod that's much better than the original game IMO. You can play The Dark online over Kali.

I actually went back and tried to play vanilla Diablo the other day, and I couldn't stand it.:)
Less QQ more Pew Pew
Quote:Actually, the legit community on Europe is a lot stronger than the one on East. Unfortunately, most of them can't speak English...

Really? Last I heard (admittedly several months ago), most of the various servers had migrated to East.

--me
The version checking procedure used when you logon to battle.net detects most types of in-memory modifications to the game, including those required for Ulmo's stash to work correctly. To avoid detection, you must logon before applying the hacks. I am not familiar with Ulmo's stash, and do not know whether it is possible for it to be applied after logon. If not, you can only use it in offline multiplayer games (IPX, modem, direct connect).

Uhh... are you sure? Name a few channels maybe?

I spend my time mostly in Europe (being German and stuff makes this a somewhat natural choice;)) and the only "real" community that is still somewhat active is the German community, as far as I can see. Although there are "many" players from Poland etc. these are not really able (or don't wish to) communicate in English, as you pinted out. Let alone the fact if they really *are* legit. I won't start about how stupid the whole legit-thing is;)
Array
Let me elaborate on what Sheep said... it's called humour.[/quote]
Quote:Uhh... are you sure? Name a few channels maybe?

I spend my time mostly in Europe (being German and stuff makes this a somewhat natural choice;)) and the only "real" community that is still somewhat active is the German community, as far as I can see. Although there are "many" players from Poland etc. these are not really able (or don't wish to) communicate in English, as you pinted out. Let alone the fact if they really *are* legit. I won't start about how stupid the whole legit-thing is;)

Most of the European Legit players I've co-oped with are from Poland or Italy. Over there, I just use public channels, at least 2/3 of players that I see are legit, where that number's closer to 1/20 in Diablo USA-1.

I understand they use identical equipment for duels, but as long as all parties involved know about it, which they do, I have no qualms. It's a test of dueling skill to them, not including item finding.