Terenas Lurker ZG
Poke me and remind me to post a screenshot of Hakkar later. I'll try to remember to do it when I get home from work, however! :)
-TheDragoon
It was great!

Here are my pics:
[Image: Hakkar_small.jpg]

Small pic (this is the pic above)
Full size
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Big congrats, guys! Hakkar is no slouch anymore!

You mentioned pet-tanking him, was the pet ever MC'd?
Quote:Big congrats, guys! Hakkar is no slouch anymore!

You mentioned pet-tanking him, was the pet ever MC'd?

Nope my pet was never MC'd. No one was MC'd until the pet went down. As mentioned in another thread we didn't get the warning on the first life drain so we weren't bathed in the poison. That made the fight longer and put more tax on the healer mana, otherwise the pet would have been just fine. I'm not even spec'd to make the pet as strong as I can either and I was using a wolf, which isn't the best tank choice but is better than my cat.

But I've only got 4 points in Endurance training and only 1 point in catlike reflexes and being horde no Blessing of Kings or devo aura, so the pet 'only' had ~6400 HP, ~8500 armor, ~5% block and parry, and ~8% dodge. AP was around 1100 (before totems and battle shouts) and crit rate was well over 20% (I don't have all the data from SW anymore I hit nuke on it this morning). Was in a group with a feral druid from imp LotP, an enhance shaman, a prot warrior, and a warlock. This would be even simpler for an alliance beast master as the pet would have even more defensive abilities and I think with BoM even more offensive ability as well. The pet had aggro no problems between intimidates and Beastial wrath and a base DPS of about 140 (with the buffs) not to mention the natural pauses in damage during that fight to kill the son and get poisoned.

But yeah, the pet can't be MC'd and it tanks just fine. Pet tanked Ghaz for most of the time too (though the punt is an aggro reducer so a warrior usually ended up with it but the pet got it back before the next punt).

It seems to be a very viable strat.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Great job everyone! Especially one-shotting Hakkar (still my favorite fight in the game).

I'm very sad to have missed it. Instead I spent the night stuck in a hotel room in hell. Actually worse than hell. At least they say hell is warm.

Good news for me though... they opened the freeway the next morning and I will soon be returning to the game.
Congrats, everyone, that was a heck of a raid from a Lurkers guild group! :)

[Image: hakkar_down_1920x1200.jpg]
-TheDragoon
Very neat trick - the un-MCable Hakkar tank. :lol: I wonder if it'd work against the Lucifron guards...

You could stick a sanctity aura'd paladin in the group, come BC, for more iLOTP healing, I bet.