I think...we're back online!
Quote:Oh, but there are so many good discussions. It is fun once in awhile to go back a few years and eat crow.
I'm certainly not suggesting deleting old threads. Couldn't the archived threads be put into 'read-only' mode or something?

Quote:edit: Besides, it's probably not the text that is consuming all the space... *ahem*
User-posted images aren't stored on the LL server:P
Quote:I'm certainly not suggesting deleting old threads. Couldn't the archived threads be put into 'read-only' mode or something?
User-posted images aren't stored on the LL server:P
You are right. I lose. :lol: *munch* *munch*
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Quote:Thank You, to both Bolty and Griselda

Ditto on that! :D
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
Hey, I am a nice guy.

:rolleyes:

I was starting to get antsy. Nice work folks. :wub:
All alone, or in twos,
The ones who really love you
Walk up and down outside the wall.
Some hand in hand
And some gathered together in bands.
The bleeding hearts and artists
Make their stand.

And when they've given you their all
Some stagger and fall, after all it's not easy
Banging your heart against some mad buggers wall.

"Isn't this where...."
Quote:So Huzzah, we're back up, and as far as I know we're okay. That said, if you see anything out of the ordinary (like Doc being a nice guy to people or MongoJerry claiming that "Alliance rulz Horde suxx"), let me know as soon as possible. :)

Lemming decides to become devoutly religious and communicate only in third person present tense declarative sentences.

-Lemmy
Quote:Hey all, thanks for sticking around all this time and refreshing the page every 10 seconds for the last few days. Wait, you haven't? Jeez!

Sometime in the morning of September 10th, the posts table of the forum became corrupted. Not corrupted in the sense of all the data turning into mush, but corrupted in the sense of the table indexes getting desynchronized from the data present in the table. When this occurs, the database flags the table as corrupted and denies access. This is a good thing since additional data entry into such a table could wipe/damage data.

Griselda, Noble Forum Administrator Who Doesn't Get Paid Enough, caught the problem first and took the forum offline (thanks Gris), helping to prevent any further problems. I saw it later that day and went to work repairing it.

Unfortunately, this was no easy repair. The posts table is gargantuan. Any attempt to repair it would clog the server down and fill up temporary disk quotas as the server churned through all the data to fix the table. At one point, I had a repair process running for 21 hours before giving up on it - it was so blocked up that the server couldn't even progress.

I knew I was outclassed, so I called in the guys at ServInt, the Lounge's host provider, to help. If you've been with the Lounge for many years, you might be aware that I've had this site hosted at lots of different companies. ServInt is by far the best one I've ever been a client of. Their Support is utterly amazing, garnering responses to tickets within 10 minutes and solving problems when everything seems lost. I can't praise these guys enough; for what I'm paying, I don't deserve the level of support they give, but they give it anyway.

Three different reps got in on the action and managed to save the database over the course of a day through modification of system configuration files, memory and disk space management, and numerous repair attempts, along with a rather nicely-sized email chain back and forth from me to them.

So Huzzah, we're back up, and as far as I know we're okay. That said, if you see anything out of the ordinary (like Doc being a nice guy to people or MongoJerry claiming that "Alliance rulz Horde suxx"), let me know as soon as possible. :)

Putting the board back online...*crosses fingers*

-Bolty

[/delurks]

I am glad its back, i almost thought that you closed it down again.

And then i thought there was going to a riot of lurkers looking for place to call home, dont think the basin could put up with us for that long.:rolleyes:

[/lurks]
[Image: chandelier.gif]
[Image: greyson.jpg]
[Image: demtorch.gif]
Quote:Testing post replyability. Passed!

Testing post editability. Passed!

Testing double postability.
Quote:Testing post replyability. Passed!

Testing post editability. Passed!

Testing double postability. Passed!
Yay! now I can get back to lurking!:D
Former www.diablo2.com webmaster.

When in deadly danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.
Quote:So Huzzah, we're back up, and as far as I know we're okay. That said, if you see anything out of the ordinary (like Doc being a nice guy to people...), let me know as soon as possible. :)

What? Doc is a teddy bear. A scarred-up, broken-body, cantankerous, overly-intense, heavily opinionated, "don't tread on me" type of teddy, but nevertheless.:)

Anyway, thought I'd comply and let you know as soon as possible.;)

I may not have refreshed every ten minutes, but every ten days is close enough, I hope.

- Sirian

[Image: ember-mini.gif]

Pokes LL with a stick....PASSED!:P
Thanks peoples!:wub:

NoMaD
R.I.P. Pete! I can't believe you're gone. Sad
Quote:Hey all, thanks for sticking around all this time and refreshing the page every 10 seconds for the last few days. Wait, you haven't? Jeez!

Bolty

Thank you Bolty and Griselda.
Those were an awful 5 days. Out of boredom I even tried doing some work...terrible.
eppie
Ability to speed up time and take 2 hours out of your life when you were merely browsing a bit for 15 minutes:

passed with flying colours!

The intarweb in all it's ebil glory, links are the death of me:)

take care
Nuurabsaal
"I'm a cynical optimistic realist. I have hopes. I suspect they are all in vain. I find a lot of humor in that." -Pete

I'll remember you.
Quote:So Huzzah, we're back up, and as far as I know we're okay. That said, if you see anything out of the ordinary (like Doc being a nice guy to people or MongoJerry claiming that "Alliance rulz Horde suxx"), let me know as soon as possible. :)

-Bolty

Drats! Foiled again!

I'll get you, and your little dog too!

Man, it's been forever since I stopped in. That quack Liquid still posting? I kind of miss all the fun we had in CoH.

Ah well, back to finishing all the Dark Erde Kaiser stuff in Xenosaga II so I can start III... :shuriken:
[Image: 9426697EGZMV.png]