Steve Irwin the Crocodile Hunter is Dead?
Quote:You wouldn't like to spend your final moments with your family?:(

NoMaD

If it's a choice between dieing right now "doing something you love", which in this case is spending time with family, or dieing later of old age, Ashock is going to take dieing of old age.

The way the posts were phrased leaves it to this interpretation. Correct me if I'm wrong Ashock,

Cheers,

Munk
Quote:If it's a choice between dieing right now "doing something you love", which in this case is spending time with family, or dieing later of old age, Ashock is going to take dieing of old age.

The way the posts were phrased leaves it to this interpretation. Correct me if I'm wrong Ashock,

Cheers,

Munk

I took his post to mean as much, and upon further inspection of my post I believe my fingers may have been working faster than my brain.:blush:

NoMaD
R.I.P. Pete! I can't believe you're gone. Sad
Quote:If it's a choice between dieing right now "doing something you love", which in this case is spending time with family, or dieing later of old age, Ashock is going to take dieing of old age.

Cheers,

Munk

You're not wrong B).

-A
Quote:...The only good thing about this whole tragedy is the fact that he died while doing what he loved to do, we should all be so fortunate.
I don't think his last thoughts were, "Oh, good. I get to die doing what I love." More likely, "Not now, not yet." or "I love my family..."

See, this is why when I had children I gave up stuff like Ski Racing, Sky Diving, Shark Diving, and my other adrenaline junkie activities. Now I just want to survive long enough to see them through college, and married. It's different for him in that I didn't get paid 4 million per year to cheat death.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Quote:You're not wrong B).
-A
I used to have fantasies that I would die at the ripe old age of 72 whilst in the middle of an intense erotic encounter involving me, two nympho 19 year old gymnasts, and a shotgun blast that ended it all just as things hit the perfect peak.

I have scaled back to something a bit more along the lines of Ashock's ideal.

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Quote:I used to have fantasies that I would die at the ripe old age of 72 whilst in the middle of an intense erotic encounter involving me, two nympho 19 year old gymnasts, and a shotgun blast that ended it all just as things hit the perfect peak.

I have scaled back to something a bit more along the lines of Ashock's ideal.

Occhi
When my dad went, it took him 10 years to die and he knew it was coming. All of his affairs were in order, and he had a chance to go around and make sure he did all those last minute things he wanted to do. He went down hill only at the last 2 months, and the day he died everyone who was close to him had a chance to come over and express their appreciation of him. We were in the middle of playing a game of cribbage when he died.

I don't know which way is better. Sudden or drawn out?
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

Quote:I don't know which way is better. Sudden or drawn out?

Sudden....... at 90.

-A

ps. With the advances of modern medicine, that 90 might change to 120 soon enough.
Quote:I have scaled back to something a bit more along the lines of Ashock's ideal.

Occhi

Ahh well, in the last 10 years, I've revised my ideals also. Mainly it involves more years and less women...B)

-A

Quote:I don't know which way is better. Sudden or drawn out?

It depends on if there is pain involved. If it's drawn out, but painless and you're still coherent, it prepares everyone. Everyone gets a chance to say goodbye and most of the grieving is done before the event.

If there is pain involved or if removing the pain makes you incoherent, then quick is the better. The problem that comes with quick is the people that are left behind never get the chance to say what they wanted to say, to mend the fences, and the grieving is more lenghty.

I've seen all three with my family, by far the drawn out without pain is the best, this is what happened with my eldest uncle and grandfather on my Mother's side. In the case of my eldest uncle on my Father's side, it was harder because he was in pain and mostly incoherent, while everyone had a chance to prepare, he didn't really get to do the things he wanted to do and mend the fences that he wanted to mend. In the case of several others where they died suddenly, the survivors hurt more for a longer period of time than we did in any of the above cases.
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
Quote:I don't think his last thoughts were, "Oh, good. I get to die doing what I love." More likely, "Not now, not yet." or "I love my family..."

See, this is why when I had children I gave up stuff like Ski Racing, Sky Diving, Shark Diving, and my other adrenaline junkie activities. Now I just want to survive long enough to see them through college, and married. It's different for him in that I didn't get paid 4 million per year to cheat death.

If it's your time to go how would you choose to go? He didn't do what he did just because he enjoyed it, he also did it to help animals and to educate people. He would have continued to do so even without all the money being thrown his way. I'm sure his last thoughts were something like that, but the fact remains that he died while doing something he enjoyed, not just for himself but for others. Even if it was because of his lifestyle it was still a freak accident. He could have been out there for recreational purposes and not for filming, and it still would have happened. Wrong place, wrong time, that's all it takes no matter who you are or what you are doing. If your lucky you will die while doing something you love to do, either that or in your sleep:P

NoMaD
R.I.P. Pete! I can't believe you're gone. Sad
Quote:If it's your time to go how would you choose to go? He didn't do what he did just because he enjoyed it, he also did it to help animals and to educate people. He would have continued to do so even without all the money being thrown his way. I'm sure his last thoughts were something like that, but the fact remains that he died while doing something he enjoyed, not just for himself but for others. Even if it was because of his lifestyle it was still a freak accident. He could have been out there for recreational purposes and not for filming, and it still would have happened. Wrong place, wrong time, that's all it takes no matter who you are or what you are doing. If your lucky you will die while doing something you love to do, either that or in your sleep:P

NoMaD
I guess I'm just looking for some closure on some projects I'm working on. One is 4, and the other is 6 now. I want to be a responsible dad and get my sons ready for life. I also would like to think that some of what I do is beneficial for the planet, but I tend to view that as just responsible living. Sort of like, pay for what you consume and leave the planet a little better off for you being here.