Terenas Lurker ZG run!
Now, for those who don't know, we're kind of a small guild. We've gotten into MC with another guild not too long ago (much love to the Keepers <3), but still aren't completely overgeared for ZG (and yes, we've got some folks who have gotten a fair bit of good stuff out of ZG and some from AQ20 too when we are invited on the Keepers' runs). We haven't set foot in BWL beyond "Oooh. Look. *wafflestomp all 5 people*" so no loots from there.

We took down Venoxis tonight with one shadow priest, one holy priest, one feral/resto druid, one arms/prot warrior, one enhancement/resto shaman, one marksmanship hunter, one fire mage, and (forgive me Octord, but I can't remember your spec for sure, but I think you're demonology) warlock. It was an incredible amount of fun and we almost got Mandokir as well with that group composition. It was an absolute blast and no deaths on the second attempt! So, many thanks to Xarhud, Necrali, Fazuul, Conc, Mogoraindyn (Me;)), MarnTruehorn, Caswyddiana and Octord for one extremely fun night after a long day of work. :w00t::wub: We missed those of you who couldn't make it, but we'll get in there again with you. :)
Intolerant monkey.
Gratz guys & gals!!!:w00t:

Great effort, realy wish i could have been there, but unfortunatly i had some trouble that i had to attent to.
However i intend to make next weeks, if it's on.

Once again, GRATZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Grats guys.:)

WTB powerlevel for 17 levels so I can join in. PST GG TALK2ULATERZ.
Next time Adirra could come along to pull. ;)
-TheDragoon
Awesome stuff! Now that sounds like a good time! :w00t:

Cya on Ter Soon! :wub:
~Frag
Hardcore Diablo 1/2/3/4 & Retail/Classic WoW adventurer.
Hooray! Way to go! Congrats!
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtmlWbJ-1vgb3aJmW4DJ7...NntmKgW8Cp]
Quote:Gratz guys & gals!!!:w00t:

Great effort, realy wish i could have been there, but unfortunatly i had some trouble that i had to attent to.
However i intend to make next weeks, if it's on.

Once again, GRATZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No worries Mist. Real life before WoW. :)
Intolerant monkey.
Very fun, but don't publicize it too much, I'd like to get a few weeks as the only warrior for a good shot at the Bloodlord's Defender.

:shuriken:

Seriously though, you learn a lot about an instance when you go in undermanned with high quality players.
Looking forward to giving Mandokir a run for his money next week if we have 9 or more.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Holy Moly!!! You guys just rock so hard. I'm loving every minute with you and I can't tell you how impressed I am with this news.

~~~~~ Go! Go! Horde Bretheran! ~~~~~
[Image: Sabra%20gold%20copy.jpg]

I blame Tal.

Sabramage Authenticated!
Big congrats! The four blood drinkers/two priests pull must have been fun - what sort of crowd controlling did you do there?
Quote:Big congrats! The four blood drinkers/two priests pull must have been fun - what sort of crowd controlling did you do there?

I was the 8th player, and wasn't there when they did these pulls. So there were only 7 at the time.

I believe on the worst pulls they were mind control pulling to kill one immediately. MC, sheep, seduce, sleep, and improved traps.

I also have to mention that for Venoxis, Mogo (shaman) tanked all the trash.

I'm disappointed on Mandokir. I couldn't keep Fazuul upright long enough against the raptor to kill it. With so little DPS, the number of sunders built up on Fazuul ended up being tough to heal through. With no damage reducers other than demo roar (did we have a stoneskin?) and armor, the druid suffers with a huge number of sunders. Plus he was mostly in healer gear so as to be able to step up and heal the MT during the enrage.

I think adding just a couple more people would be enough for Mandokir. Next time!
Quote:Big congrats! The four blood drinkers/two priests pull must have been fun - what sort of crowd controlling did you do there?

We never had one of these pulls.

I think GG mentioned that on SR you tend to make an immediate left when in the Mandokir trash area.
For obvious reasons, we avoided this particular pull, opting for easier pulls. We hit a couple extra pulls to get to the hoodoo pile and the RTV in the back.

This gave us the following difficult pulls:
1) 4 blood drinkers
- MC one and let the others kill it
- Let them run to the hunter trap
- tank one and move it away
- sheep the last one.

2) 2 blood drinkers, a priest and 2 raptors
- MC a blood drinker and let others kill it
- get lucky that the trap hit a humanoid rather than a raptor
- Sheep the other humanoid
- Sleep a raptor
- Kill the loose raptor
- Pickup the trapped humanoid

3) 4 champions
- Pull 1 into trap, feign and trap for extended duration
- Sheep one
- tank one
- MC one and use him

MC before the pull isn't possible on champions, because they'll charge the MC'er. After the pull the one loose one still can, but it's a lesser possibility.

4) 6 raptor pull
- Sleep one
- sheep one
- trap one
- warrior tanks 2
- shaman tanks 1 (first focus fire)

Generally by the time the first two were down, the second trap was close to expiring so I'd just go pick it up and continue tanking 2.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)

I don't recall doing any 6-pulls that looked like this. We did one four-blood-drinker pull by MCing one drinker (letting the others kill it) then dealing with the aftermath as the other 3 came to eat me. :) Of course, I died, but only because of a *massive* lag spike while we were working on drinker #2. I didn't even have aggro when things stopped responding, but when it came back, I was the only one dead, and the only one we lost on the pull.

Is it possible that you've always just pulled the group when the patrol was standing there? I have very little ZG experience, but from what I saw last night, there are 2 patrols of 2 priests each that wander around. They go from group to group and stand there for awhile, making it look like a 6-pull. Is this what you're thinking of? If so, we waited until they walked away and got the 2 priests by themselves.

After the 4-blood-drinker pull we did a priest/2 drinker/2 raptor pull. That one was fun, too. I MCed the near drinker and turned to whack the first raptor (our FF target). First hit was for 1500+, which was cool. The others killed my MC target and the rest of our group CCed the other targets and we took 'em down. Loads of fun.

<span style="color:red">Terenas (PvE)
Xarhud: Lvl 80 Undead Priest
Meltok: Lvl 70 Undead Mage
Ishila: Lvl 31 Tauren Druid
Tynaria: Lvl 66 Blood Elf Rogue
I did actually triple trap on one pull. Most them were single traps and the 2nd trap didn't get used.

A few times the FD was simply resisted and it was just the single trap.

But yeah with the traps going 26 seconds and being able to peel into traps as needed, CC worked pretty well.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Quote:Awesome stuff! Now that sounds like a good time! :w00t:

Cya on Ter Soon! :wub:
~Frag

Sooner rather than later, I saw last night!

Welcome to Terenas!
Yes, that's correct, we always pull left immediately, opting to skip trash. It's considered a fun pull for a raid of 15-20, because we often have druids off-tanking the blood drinkers, mages madly trying to resheep the blood drinkers, stuff like that.:)

Clearing out the village is a fun exercise for an understaffed raid, that I've done once... Think we had about 8.

If the problem with raptor tanking is that you had sunders building up, maybe the thing to try next time would be swapping tanks? In other words, once a tank has enough sunders built up, he swaps with the other tank. I think Oghan is tauntable, and Mandokir ought to be as well.

That is: three tanks, you have one stay on Mandokir and you have two on Oghan, who trade off.
Well, there are various ways to solve the problem, but we didn't have the people to do any of them at the time.

One more DPS person would have contributed enough to get him down before the healers were having issues. (3 DPSers, so 1 more would have been a very significant bump in DPS)
One more healer would have meant we could afford to take more time to DPS
One more tank would have meant we could swap back and forth so the debuffs were a lesser issue.

Thus we felt that our 8 were just a little short for Mandokir. 9-10 and we should have had it fine. There is still the question if we could have handled the enrage, but I think with our raptor tank being one of our best healers, that this would have gone fine. After that, healers settle into a rotation and it's just a matter of time.
Quote:Yes, that's correct, we always pull left immediately, opting to skip trash. It's considered a fun pull for a raid of 15-20, because we often have druids off-tanking the blood drinkers, mages madly trying to resheep the blood drinkers, stuff like that.:)

Clearing out the village is a fun exercise for an understaffed raid, that I've done once... Think we had about 8.

If the problem with raptor tanking is that you had sunders building up, maybe the thing to try next time would be swapping tanks? In other words, once a tank has enough sunders built up, he swaps with the other tank. I think Oghan is tauntable, and Mandokir ought to be as well.

That is: three tanks, you have one stay on Mandokir and you have two on Oghan, who trade off.

That would require 3 tanks.:) When you have a druid, a warrior, a hunter, a shaman, a shadow preist, a holy/disc preist, a mage, and a warlock, you can't do that. :) We had 2 people that had a taunt button. We had a hunter, a mage, and a warlock for DPS. The shaman did some DPS, but was also spot healing for the two priests. We needed one more person, any class at all, and we could have done it with 9. We might have done it with 8 if there were no mistakes at all, but it was getting late, and since we had been in there with just 7 to start and were mostly killing trash and only picked up #8 after the trash was all dead, we decided to just kill Venoxis because we were very confident that we could do that with the group (and we did) then we called it a night.

Another option with that group if the raptor is tauntable would have been to have the shaman start out doing the tanking with the druid in cat for a bit. Druid could then do some healing on the shaman while a priest regened. Then the druid goes bear form and pulls the raptor off. Druid would regen mana in bear while the raptor was finished off. The problem would be that you likely don't add a lot of DPS that way, if the sunders stacked too quickly on the shaman you have worse issues than you do with the bear. And there is a lot of complexity. Having the shaman tank at first with the druid healing and the shadow priest doing some DPS might have worked as well. You still have the druid go bear and take the Raptor back. I'm not sure how long a shaman can stand up to the raptor either, it would require full tank gear and would really gimp the shaman for healing during the enrage. The shaman would also blow a lot of mana tanking because for a shaman to tank you have to burn mana for aggro.

It might have worked, since I know Mandokir is tauntable, for the druid to start on Mandokir with the warrior on the raptor. Raptor dies and the warrior intercepts to get to Mando fast, def stance, taunt, druid shifts and heal. But that transition could still be the death of the druid, something you can't have as you will need all the healers to rotate with only a hunter, a mage, and a warlock as DPS. The lock thanks to drain life and taps and bandages could sustain pretty decent DPS. The hunter with FD + drink could sustain pretty well. The mage, with evocation, and all the ranks of the mana gems still will run dry and end up with a lot of just wand damage. Remember as well we don't have the 40 mana/5 of blessing of wisdom or judgements of wisdom, hunters go dry a lot faster horde side and mages only have natural regen when all the tricks are gone. Best we could do would be to rearrange the groups on the fly and get as many of the casters in the little 10 mana/2 second mana spring totem. But with 7 mana users, 2 of them wouldn't be in it, and changing groups on the fly is not the simplest thing to do. But even so that totem is 300 mana per minute, not the 800 mana/minute that blessing of wisdom is. It's 1 more hunter shot, not 2 and a half. But yeah, every 30 seconds I FD and start drinking for 10 to 12 seconds. It would be a really long fight, you need every ounce of healing and regen the 4 healers could provide and I'm still not sure it was enough.

With one more of anything our chances would have been much better as we would have had either more healing or more DPS or possibly both. A rogue, mage, warlock, or hunter would have provided a significant DPS boost to the group. A warrior or druid would have provided more healing (the warrior would have freed up the druid already there to heal) and more DPS. A priest would have provided more healing and DPS (the shadow priest would have been able to go shadow form). A shaman would have provided more healing and more DPS. So yeah we really were 1 of anything short or perfect execution short, though I'm not sure perfect execution would have done it.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Yeah, still a pretty big accomplishment.:D Hopefully next time there will be more people so you'll be able to ace Mandokir and start enjoying his loot!
Quote:Another option with that group if the raptor is tauntable (snip)
I am not 100% sure of this, but I'm quite confident that he is tauntable. I seem to remember picking up the Raptor after the #2 tank went down and he broke for that tank's healers back in the early days of the Keeper runs. Like I said, not 100%, but confident enough that I would base a strategy on the assumption that he is tauntable.
------------Terenas------------
Dagorthan – Level 85 Blood Knight
Turothan – Level 83 Blood Knight
Sarothan – Level 62 Blood Knight
Durambar – Level 82 Warrior
Strifemourne – Level 80 Death Knight