Pulse is the Worst. Movie. Ever.
Quote:PS Does anyone over the age of 13 and IQ over 70 really use 'gay' as an insult?

Yes and No :whistling:
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

Quote:Shoot em up, the pest, and saw III get my votes for worst movies ever of those that I've seen.

Shoot 'em up was fantastic.
Quote: The characters were inconsiquental and one-dimensional, the plot was non-exsistant, and the damn thing didn't even have shocking instants. Stay away from this movie, it is not even worth a free ticket.

This sums up like most of the movies and tv shows that I remember watching recently, especially of the "suspense/horror" genre. Although that might also be why I haven't watched many movies or tv shows lately.
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
Okay, just had to say one thing...

*takes a deep breath*

I haven't seen Pulse, but Reign of Fire? It was a TERRIBLE movie, don't get me wrong. But something about fighting dragons just had corny entertainment value.

-----spoiler alert below!-----

And was cracking up - seriously, had tears coming out of my eyes - when he jumps off the tower with his axe thinking it's going to come out well. Chomp.
See you in Town,
-Z
Reign of Fire had my boys Chrstian Bale and Mathew McConaughey in it... how could it be bad?:shuriken:
--Mith

I would rather be ashes than dust! I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry rot. I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet. The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Jack London
Woah woah woah Vinnie, Shoot'em Up, like DeeBye said, was a a damn near perfect action movie. I mean it had *everything* you'd want to see in a wuxia-inspired, "the bad guys are bad and the good guys are bad", plot light movie.

While Shawshank Redemption or Schindler's List it is not, it is a *shining* example of a fun, over the top action movie.
"You can build a perfect machine out of imperfect parts."
-Urza

He's an old-fashioned Amish cyborg with no name. She's a virginal nymphomaniac fairy princess married to the Mob. Together, they fight crime!

The Blizzcon Class Discussion:
Crowd: "Our qq's will blot out the sun"
Warlocks: "Then we will pewpew in the shade"
Quote:I don't think you belong here. The kiddie pool is down the hall and to the left.

-Bolty

Damn I missed some good wank.:(
Quote:Damn I missed some good wank.:(

Oh you did, I actually got some entertainment value from the posts and debated as to whether or not they would be allowed to stay or would be edited out. I figured they would be removed as it's not something you want to leave lying around as a precedent for others but the profanity filled infantile attempt at a flame did make me smile, perhaps because it reminded of some of the poor sops who tried to flame folks at the old The Calling boards and failed and then we got to be total aholes and pick them apart. It may simply have triggered some nostalgia for me.

I also agree with Hammerskjold, the fact he picked Cube 2 as a point to get all frothy about did get some points from me as well for originality if I were to hold a pointless stupid profanity filled rant contest. :) He got points in that contest for thread necromancy as well since I think the post he was referencing was nearly two years old (too lazy to double check now).
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Quote:Oh you did, I actually got some entertainment value from the posts and debated as to whether or not they would be allowed to stay or would be edited out. I figured they would be removed as it's not something you want to leave lying around as a precedent for others but the profanity filled infantile attempt at a flame did make me smile, perhaps because it reminded of some of the poor sops who tried to flame folks at the old The Calling boards and failed and then we got to be total aholes and pick them apart. It may simply have triggered some nostalgia for me.

I also agree with Hammerskjold, the fact he picked Cube 2 as a point to get all frothy about did get some points from me as well for originality if I were to hold a pointless stupid profanity filled rant contest. :) He got points in that contest for thread necromancy as well since I think the post he was referencing was nearly two years old (too lazy to double check now).

Not quite two years old GG. Just august of '06. So just over what... a year and a half or so?
-Urza

He's an old-fashioned Amish cyborg with no name. She's a virginal nymphomaniac fairy princess married to the Mob. Together, they fight crime!

Quote:Shoot em up, the pest, and saw III get my votes for worst movies ever of those that I've seen.

What? I have to take exception to The Pest. Possibly the defining John Leguizamo movie, in my opinion. And I probably just messed up his last name.

And yeah, I'm serious. The movie is dumb as bricks, but that's sort of the point. :P

And while we're on the subject of horrible movies, the previews I'm seeing for Jumper have me worried. It looks like 90% of the book was jettisoned to turn it into a big blockbuster attempt. <_<

Ah well, I'll see it anyway. The teleportation effect alone is pretty damn shiny.

Now we just need someone to start adapting John Ringo books to film. There's no way to go wrong with Mike 'Ironman' O'Neal and Bouncing Betties with Posleen hordes or mothergrapping space marines versus Dreen... :shuriken:
[Image: 9426697EGZMV.png]
Quote:Now we just need someone to start adapting John Ringo books to film. There's no way to go wrong with Mike 'Ironman' O'Neal and Bouncing Betties with Posleen hordes or mothergrapping space marines versus Dreen... :shuriken:

Can't forget the big tank! Now what was its name ...:)

obOnTopic: Battlefield: Earth gets my vote for the worst.

"On the other hand, you'd be advised to take an airsickness bag and a huge candy bar -- both are necessary to get you through two hours of what can best be described as Standing in Front of the Bear Cage on a Wet Day." - Kaori Shoji
At first I thought, "Mind control satellites? No way!" But now I can't remember how we lived without them.
------
WoW PC's of significance
Vaimadarsa Pavis Hykim Jakaleel Odayla Odayla
Quote:Can't forget the big tank! Now what was its name ...:)

SheVa guns? Aww yeah, watch out all you crunchies! And don't forget Annie Elgars. Or Cally O'Neal. :blush:

Anyway, back to topic: I nominate Killer Klownz From Outer Space as worst movie ever.:lol:
[Image: 9426697EGZMV.png]
Quote:SheVa guns? Aww yeah, watch out all you crunchies! And don't forget Annie Elgars. Or Cally O'Neal. :blush:

Anyway, back to topic: I nominate Killer Klownz From Outer Space as worst movie ever.:lol:

I was referring to the one named "Bun-Bun". Oh well, that's the tanks I get.:)
At first I thought, "Mind control satellites? No way!" But now I can't remember how we lived without them.
------
WoW PC's of significance
Vaimadarsa Pavis Hykim Jakaleel Odayla Odayla
Quote:SheVa guns? Aww yeah, watch out all you crunchies! And don't forget Annie Elgars. Or Cally O'Neal. :blush:

Oh *hell* no. You did not just diss one of the coolest movies ever! They're clowns, from space! Who kill! And suck your blood out while your encased in cotton candy cocoons with massive silly straws!

Good old campy goodness is lost on you, isn't it?
-Urza

Quote:I had the displeasure of going to watch Pulse today. Now I don't expect much from a "horror" movie, not every one can be Saw I or The Hills Have Eyes, but holy crap was this a stinking pile of garbage. I'd go so far to say that it was *worse* than Reign of Fire. The characters were inconsiquental and one-dimensional, the plot was non-exsistant, and the damn thing didn't even have shocking instants. Stay away from this movie, it is not even worth a free ticket.

I actually got all my friends together, we hooked up the lap top to the big screen and sat through it. Half way through the movie, a couple of people went home and a couple crashed in my bedroom. It was that bad, I can't believe nearly two hours of my life were wasted ...