Undocumented 1.11 Changes
Quote:I'm not so sure, I know armor isn't a huge consideration, but 418 armor is a lot...

Consider my gearing choice between Draconian deflector and Immovable Object from a purely armor perspective:

DD is 2153 and with the rest of my tanking gearing and toughness is 56.81% damage reduction
TIO is 2468 (+315 armor) and with the rest of my gear and spec is 57.95% damage reduction

so with DD, 43.19% of damage that isn't avoided gets through and with TIO it's 42.05%

That's almost a 3% reduction in damage from one shield to the next just from 315 armor... 1.14 / 43.19 = 2.6%

I think armor is worth a lot more than most people give it credit for. It not only saves damage on a consistent basis, but it also smooths out spike damage by mitigation.

Plus if the speculation about the shield block skill + high natural block value pushing crushing blows off the table is true, then block% may be a pretty large overall factor in reducing the number of spikes as well.

I think the differences between these shields is larger than you suggest. I think the main reason this shield was itemized was because of the shield slam change, which comes out to be barely different from the old version for a normal blue geared tank because there are no might 3 set bonsuses or other nifty items giving +block for those people. They have the base shield slam plus a whopping high 30s block value. Blizz had to put some stuff in the game to itemize for blue tanks who want to optimize around shield slam damage/threat efficiency.

My point was though would you give up your spot on item list for it knowing that you'll now be back of the line for a Medallion of Steadfast Might or a Heavy Dark Iron ring? Or will you spend DKP on it knowing that you lost your shot at Breastplate of Might?

Drillborer is not a bad shield (I have it and love it), but in a world of DKP and lists and such I see it getting left on the side now even more than it did because of what you could get from ZG or AQ20.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Quote:My point was though would you give up your spot on item list for it knowing that you'll now be back of the line for a Medallion of Steadfast Might or a Heavy Dark Iron ring? Or will you spend DKP on it knowing that you lost your shot at Breastplate of Might?

Drillborer is not a bad shield (I have it and love it), but in a world of DKP and lists and such I see it getting left on the side now even more than it did because of what you could get from ZG or AQ20.

These concerns are one of the reasons I don't like DKP systems. It doesn't help a raid if a person is intentionally gimping themselves even just a little because they're always waiting for that big item just out of reach. My guild uses a very effective loot council and when they make loot decisions, they know when to discount something that's only a small improvement.
The Terror Web Tunnel lives up to its name now.

I've wondered since first stumbling across this place over a year ago just where the "terror" is, since it's empty except for a Horde NPC. In 1.11 there are Crypt Fiends on patrol and hanging out in the side tunnels waiting to ambush, and their scarabs do some damage that I can't help but think might be buggy (no pun intended). There was also a level 60e mob in there when I passed through... scary stuff. He needs zero line of sight to send waves of scarabs after you.
See you in Town,
-Z
Quote: Barrier shield is pretty much a shard on tribute runs now too since 10 stam > 2% block for most situations.

Isn't 2% block pretty hot with all the hip warriors trying to hit 25% block so they become uncrittable with shieldblock up? Or did I misread that EJ thread?

How long you guys had a loot council for, MJ? Any drama? It sounds like a good idea, I just worry it can't last drama free for ever.
There is always loot drama. No system is perfect.

Loot councils work great, by far the best system, until someone gets burned.

Zero-sum dkp is the way to go, honestly.

The new SM graveyard boss drops a nice caster neck for the level. 4 stamina, I think some int, and +damage.
"AND THEN THE PALADIN TOOK MY EYES!"
Forever oppressed by the GOLs.
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek
Quote:Loot councils work great, by far the best system, until someone gets burned.

Imagine trying to run this with a system that currently has 189 active characters, 309 total. Someone would get burned, fast.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
I got a gorgeous screenshot of the Westfall lighthouse last night and posted it as a Screenshot That's Somewhat Interesting, but I want to check with you all to make sure of something. Is the lit Westfall lighthouse new in 1.11 or was it added in an earlier patch? It's really beautiful.
Quote:Imagine trying to run this with a system that currently has 189 active characters, 309 total. Someone would get burned, fast.

Except with a loot council, you only ever have to worry about the 40 people online -at that moment-.
Quote:Except with a loot council, you only ever have to worry about the 40 people online -at that moment-.

Yes, and you need to know everything about those 40 online (how they've contributed, what they've earned) to make it fair. And then you get the next night where there's, say, 20 of the same people and 20 different people. Oh, and half your loot council changed, too, since some aren't raiding tonight.

... no thank you.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Quote:I got a gorgeous screenshot of the Westfall lighthouse last night and posted it as a Screenshot That's Somewhat Interesting, but I want to check with you all to make sure of something. Is the lit Westfall lighthouse new in 1.11 or was it added in an earlier patch? It's really beautiful.

No, it's not new at all. It's been like that for months (atleast since patch 1.8, maybe 1.7).
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
Quote:No, it's not new at all. It's been like that for months (atleast since patch 1.8, maybe 1.7).

Aw, shucks. That's strange, because I did the lighthouse quests with my warlock on Stormrage and didn't notice the lit lighthouse. Maybe I did them during the day, though.

I just edited the text for the STSI. Penguin jedi mind trick: You didn't see anything!
Quote:The Terror Web Tunnel lives up to its name now.

I've wondered since first stumbling across this place over a year ago just where the "terror" is, since it's empty except for a Horde NPC. In 1.11 there are Crypt Fiends on patrol and hanging out in the side tunnels waiting to ambush, and their scarabs do some damage that I can't help but think might be buggy (no pun intended). There was also a level 60e mob in there when I passed through... scary stuff. He needs zero line of sight to send waves of scarabs after you.

Yes, the Nerubian Observer is NASTY if you're alone. I was in Terrordale last night doing the bone bits and bug bits quests from LHC (I had the place mostly to my self for a good hour or two) and saw him after a server reset on EPL. No one came by to kill him, so I avoided him, like the plague (pun intended... :P)
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
People are reporting that the Skerem ports are back to "normal" now.
By the way, a guild group ran ZG last night and found the new items there to be insanely good. I would have had to have gone to sleep by about halfway through the run, so I chose not to go myself, but every boss the group killed kept dropping loot that made me go "Dang! I wish I was on the run!" For example, the bat boss dropped a great blue +damage/healing cape that would've been very nice for me (I think +6 stam, +5 int, +23 damage/healing iirc), since I keep passing on epic +damage/healing capes to mages and warlocks. Plus the spider boss dropped an epic ring with a lot of +damage/healing. I had to go to sleep before the end of the run, but I'm looking forward to hearing from them what some of the later bosses drop now.
Lung Juice Cocktails changed from +50 STA to +25 STA

The new boss in SM graveyard "Scorn" has a move called 'lich slap' wouldn't expect that to be documented, but still, that one's good:D

"I just got lich slapped!"
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Quote:Lung Juice Cocktails changed from +50 STA to +25 STA

Looks like all the related Blasted Lands quest item buff foods were similarly nerfed. Now they all give +25 to a stat, not +50. I hardly thought the +50 was broken, since the items were unique, gotten at an out-of-the-way place, didn't last through death, and had a 1-hour linked cooldown on use. Oh well.
Quote:Looks like all the related Blasted Lands quest item buff foods were similarly nerfed. Now they all give +25 to a stat, not +50. I hardly thought the +50 was broken, since the items were unique, gotten at an out-of-the-way place, didn't last through death, and had a 1-hour linked cooldown on use. Oh well.

Yeah, I don't get this change at all.
"AND THEN THE PALADIN TOOK MY EYES!"
Forever oppressed by the GOLs.
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek
Not a game changing one, but nice to see - some of the doors that were a pain to get through as a tauren female, you can pass through easily now. No more jumping games to get into the bottom door of the inn in Booty Bay!
Intolerant monkey.
Quote:Yeah, I don't get this change at all.

That change was probably made to make Zanza buffs look good, since those don't last through death anymore, but are still unique - although they cost only 1 token now instead of 3.
added some drops now known from Revanchion (nice shadow damage gloves and healing bracers) to the previous post
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.