Undocumented 1.11 Changes
Quote:That change was probably made to make Zanza buffs look good, since those don't last through death anymore, but are still unique - although they cost only 1 token now instead of 3.

Spirit of Zanza != Spirit of Zandalar
Saw a few things in Molten Core tonight that were not the way they used to be.

Sulfuron's priests have a larger range on their heals, we had to pull the kill zone one up into the tunnel to get him out of range of the others. The WoW forums are reporting that the priests are spam healing, they aren't, they just have a longer range so the current target is getting heals from more priests than people expect.

Sulfuron was also hitting about 75% harder than he used to. It's still a cakewalk fight but things got a bit buffed.

Shazzrah seemed to blink less frequently than normal and it doesn't seem to change the tanks aggro level as much. Hard to really judge that because this was the first time this raid had seen him, but it was not the same as with other groups I've seen him with.

Some of our allies on Terenas who were in a different raid were reporting that Ragnaros was throwing his grenades at the raid about once every 5 seconds. This one seems like a bug. I could believe the Sulf changes were intentional to make the encounter a littlle harder.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Quote:Sulfuron's priests have a larger range on their heals, we had to pull the kill zone one up into the tunnel to get him out of range of the others. The WoW forums are reporting that the priests are spam healing, they aren't, they just have a longer range so the current target is getting heals from more priests than people expect.

Sulfuron was also hitting about 75% harder than he used to. It's still a cakewalk fight but things got a bit buffed.
The Forcomm raid last night did not get this far to see this. But I do not feel surprised by it. The designers probably want the encounter to be done with the healers in range of each other durning the fight, so I would not be surprised that the distance leashes get adjusted in a later patch so that they cannot be taken out of range at all durning the fight.

Quote:Shazzrah seemed to blink less frequently than normal and it doesn't seem to change the tanks aggro level as much. Hard to really judge that because this was the first time this raid had seen him, but it was not the same as with other groups I've seen him with.
I did not notice any real change in his behavior during our run last night. I would say we need some more runs to be sure that this is really a change or if it just a bit of a flukey behavior.

Quote:Some of our allies on Terenas who were in a different raid were reporting that Ragnaros was throwing his grenades at the raid about once every 5 seconds. This one seems like a bug. I could believe the Sulf changes were intentional to make the encounter a littlle harder.

Are you referring to the 'By fire be purged!' attacks? If so, I had personally noted from the earlier attempts to down him the first time and the first attempts with the MCb runs at him that particular attack frequency seemed to inversely related the DPS that was on him. Rather like the Onyxia Deep Breaths that if you crank up the DPS that they become less frequent. And like the change to her a patch or two ago, they may have just adjusted the damage scaling factor for being able to reduce that attacks frequency.
Quote:The Forcomm raid last night did not get this far to see this. But I do not feel surprised by it. The designers probably want the encounter to be done with the healers in range of each other durning the fight, so I would not be surprised that the distance leashes get adjusted in a later patch so that they cannot be taken out of range at all durning the fight.

My guild also saw the increased healing range. We just pulled them farther apart. Our first attempt where we pulled them the previously-normal distance apart wiped. If they do really add distance leashes in a later patch, they'll probably also need to nerf the healing -- we couldn't bring one of the priests down with the other 3 in range.
Quote:Not a game changing one, but nice to see - some of the doors that were a pain to get through as a tauren female, you can pass through easily now. No more jumping games to get into the bottom door of the inn in Booty Bay!

That wasn't just females. Geldauran once even ended up the drink, trying for 2 minutes to squeeze through that damn door!

Don't know if it's fixed or not for the gents. Haven't been to Booty Bay since the patch.

-Jester
Quote:My guild also saw the increased healing range. We just pulled them farther apart. Our first attempt where we pulled them the previously-normal distance apart wiped. If they do really add distance leashes in a later patch, they'll probably also need to nerf the healing -- we couldn't bring one of the priests down with the other 3 in range.
I don't have the post handy, but there was a confirmation from Tigole that they're investigating the Sulf fight. Some AI appears to have unintentionally been changed in the patch.
Stormrage
Raelynn - Gnome Warlock - Herbalism/Alchemy
Markuun - Tauren Shaman - Skinning/Leatherworking
Aredead - Undead Mage - Tailoring/Enchanting

Dethecus
Gutzmek - Orc Shaman - Skinning/Leatherworking
some other stuff:

-Buru's Skull Fragment has a new icon, weeee!

-You do not have to spawn Kirtonos to get Lord Blackwood in Scholomance, from personal experience.

take care
Nuurabsaal
"I'm a cynical optimistic realist. I have hopes. I suspect they are all in vain. I find a lot of humor in that." -Pete

I'll remember you.
Quote:Spirit of Zanza != Spirit of Zandalar

Both the Zandalar buff and Zanza buffs received changes in the new patch. The Zandalar buff (the one you get from turning in the Hakkar heart) change is well documented in the patch notes, and the change to the Zanza buffs (the potion-type buffs), while not appearing in the patch notes, had several Blue posts about it, both on General and Test Realm forums, changes to which you can find in my post above.
Quote:My guild also saw the increased healing range. We just pulled them farther apart. Our first attempt where we pulled them the previously-normal distance apart wiped. If they do really add distance leashes in a later patch, they'll probably also need to nerf the healing -- we couldn't bring one of the priests down with the other 3 in range.

What you need to do is ensure that each priest has two interrupters on them, at least one of which who is solely watching for the animation. Interrupting the heals is key to this fight, now.
Here's another one that makes you wonder "why??"

The slimes in the Weeping Cave are now larger. That's the only change to them. They're not stronger. They don't have more hitpoints. They're just larger.

The "Large Vile Slime" is now smaller than the "Vile Slime" as a result.
See you in Town,
-Z
I don't believe this happened before 1.11. Not only do you now "ding" if you improve your status with a faction (documented change), you also do so if you improve your lowest status with a group of factions. So you can become "Honored with Alliance" for example.
Quote:I don't believe this happened before 1.11. Not only do you now "ding" if you improve your status with a faction (documented change), you also do so if you improve your lowest status with a group of factions. So you can become "Honored with Alliance" for example.

Good observation. I noticed that when I got to Unfriendly with the Steamwheedle Cartel. However, your standing with a faction group seems to be an average of your point standings with the group rather than the lowest status of the group. For example, I dinged Unfriendly with the Steamwheedle Cartel, even though I'm still very much hated with Booty Bay.
Quote:some other stuff:

-Buru's Skull Fragment has a new icon, weeee!

The icon no longer looks like the shield...

...not that these sorts of changes tend to make sense or anything.
See you in Town,
-Z
Quote:The icon no longer looks like the shield...

...not that these sorts of changes tend to make sense or anything.

yeah, maybe people at Blizz got a bit confused a long time ago and are randomly handing out icons to items...

But face it, the former icon of Buru's was a gamebreaker, thank god they took the time to change it :blink::blink::blink:

take care
Nuurabsaal
"I'm a cynical optimistic realist. I have hopes. I suspect they are all in vain. I find a lot of humor in that." -Pete

I'll remember you.
Another small change: The Fallen Hero of the Horde questline.

Previously, when you were on the last step of the chain "You are Raksomthing, Demon", if you died fighting him, you could not get back up the mountain. Talking to the spectral usher would instead port anyone living in your party who was in Blasted Lands(theory on the range) to the top of the mountain, and not the dead people.

I am a little ashamed to say I abused this for fun. Wipe on the demon, run to the usher. Invite a random (from /who Blasted) and then hit the usher. They are ported to the top, where a 60e demon promptly smashes them. As an extra "screw you random", they cannot get to their corpse and must spirit rez. 35% durability loss, inc 20 to backpack items. Ouch.

I only did it once.... and now it is fixed.
Quote:Another small change: The Fallen Hero of the Horde questline.

Previously, when you were on the last step of the chain "You are Raksomthing, Demon", if you died fighting him, you could not get back up the mountain. Talking to the spectral usher would instead port anyone living in your party who was in Blasted Lands(theory on the range) to the top of the mountain, and not the dead people.

I am a little ashamed to say I abused this for fun. Wipe on the demon, run to the usher. Invite a random (from /who Blasted) and then hit the usher. They are ported to the top, where a 60e demon promptly smashes them. As an extra "screw you random", they cannot get to their corpse and must spirit rez. 35% durability loss, inc 20 to backpack items. Ouch.

I only did it once.... and now it is fixed.

Yes that is a shame. :rolleyes:
The shard of Afrasa now has:
http://www.thottbot.com/?i=2925

Equip: Restores 5 mana per 5 sec.
Equip: Restores 5 health per 5 sec.

At least I think it was different before the patch.
Quote:The shard of Afrasa now has:
http://www.thottbot.com/?i=2925

Equip: Restores 5 mana per 5 sec.
Equip: Restores 5 health per 5 sec.

At least I think it was different before the patch.
I think it's the same effect but it's worded more cleanly now. Before it just said it increased your health and mana regeneration by 5.
Tichondrius
Arnath - UD Warlock (Tailoring/Herbalism)
Seirei - Troll Priest (Mining/Skinning)
Bhim - Tauren Warrior (Mining/Herbalism)
While leveling my priest alt, I noticed that Gahr'zilla's quest reward is now reduced to the carrot on a stick only, not the goggles anymore. Don't know if its from the last patch or some previous one, but found it curious:)
Quote:While leveling my priest alt, I noticed that Gahr'zilla's quest reward is now reduced to the carrot on a stick only, not the goggles anymore. Don't know if its from the last patch or some previous one, but found it curious:)

Thats new, I did it not too long ago and it had choices.