Forums Hacked
Quote:Does this mean that you could no longer run the free trial version of IPB?
That's correct. :(

-Bolty

Quote:Ooh ... good spot. That helps narrow it down:)
I wouldn't mind helping find this bug if you want, Bolty.
Let me check if it's a known bug in Invision Board first. I also noticed the outline view post highlighter is back to its hideous yellow color... :( I remember it took me quite a while to find that and fix it last time. Wish I remembered it offhand.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Hmm. I have a virus now, but I don't know if it's because of the LL, or if it's because of a shady-looking exe-file I downloaded the day before yesterday. The virus manifested as pop-ups until I downloaded and ran 3-4 spyware/anti-virus-programmes. Now the problem manifests in bluescreens...

Later today I will get my topic for my master's thesis presentation which I have 10 days to complete. If my computer is riddled with viruses and frequent bluescreens and hampers my work, I am going to cry.
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw
Quote:Angel' date='May 23 2006, 09:26 PM' post='110573']
Hmm. I have a virus now, but I don't know if it's because of the LL, or if it's because of a shady-looking exe-file I downloaded the day before yesterday. The virus manifested as pop-ups until I downloaded and ran 3-4 spyware/anti-virus-programmes. Now the problem manifests in bluescreens...

Later today I will get my topic for my master's thesis presentation which I have 10 days to complete. If my computer is riddled with viruses and frequent bluescreens and hampers my work, I am going to cry.

I know earlier you mentioned you have lots of storage space for um... certain "groups" on the internet. Save yourself the trouble and find some space to back things up in their own partition, take a dump of your operating system and important files that aren't already backed up, and store it. Then just swap in a reformat of your OS. Deal with the problem once you are done with the thesis presentation. Last thing you need to deal with is a nasty virus!

:)

Cheers,

Munk
Quote:Angel' date='May 23 2006, 08:26 PM' post='110573']

When I read Bolty's message Saturday I took it as a warning to update my virus and anti-spyware protections in case any other Invision boards I visit are infected. When I looked at my machines current state I realized that my last virus update was very old. The three free tools that are indispensible for me are AVG, Ad-Aware and Winpatrol.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Quote:The three free tools that are indispensible for me are AVG, Ad-Aware and Winpatrol.
Having spent 4 years working at the help desk while at college, I have to agree on those tools. We had a good corporate virus scanner, so AVG wasn't as much needed. Ad-aware was extremely needed. Winpatrol I had not heard of, but I think the things some people would like, I had learned to deal with by hand (though it's a heavy hand sometimes).

One other program that I strongly reccomend in addition is spy-bot. It does the same thing as Ad-aware, but it isn't a corporate program. This means that it can take out some programs that sneak their way onto the system, even though they technically "ask" the user, which ad-aware is not allowed to do.

Also, if you know a lot about the workings of your computer and what should and should not be running, use hijack this. It hits some of the harder to reach areas that other programs don't, but it doesn't hide the good stuff. It shows everything and lets you decide what shoudl and should not be there. Use it at your own risk.
Stormrage
Raelynn - Gnome Warlock - Herbalism/Alchemy
Markuun - Tauren Shaman - Skinning/Leatherworking
Aredead - Undead Mage - Tailoring/Enchanting

Dethecus
Gutzmek - Orc Shaman - Skinning/Leatherworking