Terenas Friday 3/31
Treesh,Mar 30 2006, 03:23 PM Wrote:Mogo does not do well tanking and healing at the same time.  I can hold aggro easily enough, but I take too much damage unless I'm in my melee gear and then I don't have the mana pool.  I'll have to look at her hybrid gear again, but I really can't guarantee with her spec and gearing at being able to both tank and heal in the high game instances.
[right][snapback]105908[/snapback][/right]

Mogo/Marn could probably take care of healing and tanking for BRD. However, that's the place both Conc and Durambar have expressed interest in going to. We've shown that Mogo can solo heal Scarlet Strat, but that's with a warrior, not a pet. So I think we should assume that we don't try Mogo solo healing Marn's pet as main tank.

It all depends on who shows. Guess we'll just be winging it again.
Will it make it easier if I said I'd like to do strat dead most because that's where the valor belt is now, and that is the piece most holding me back from the quest line right now?

That is where GG said he wanted to go, add Treesh and we can pretty much throw in 2 others of any kind.

Durambar
Keshoga
Other lower level peeps for BRD, I know Mav isn't a full healer spec, but with Durambar's gear, will probably be adequate for everything except lyceum. BRD is long enough that we might be able to call in the reserves for Lyceum ( I can leave either priest or warlock logged out near there to help them or provide a summon for a mage to help them.)

Then Strat Live side or Scholo for
Necrali healing
Fazuul or Nash tanking

?
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Concillian,Mar 30 2006, 04:26 PM Wrote:Will it make it easier if I said I'd like to do strat dead most because that's where the valor belt is now, and that is the piece most holding me back from the quest line right now? 

That is where GG said he wanted to go, add Treesh and we can pretty much throw in 2 others of any kind.

That works. Mogo up for Dead side strat healing?

Quote:Durambar
Keshoga
Other lower level peeps for BRD, I know Mav isn't a full healer spec, but with Durambar's gear, will probably be adequate for everything except lyceum.  BRD is long enough that we might be able to call in the reserves for Lyceum ( I can leave either priest or warlock logged out near there to help them or provide a summon for a mage to help them.)

Then Strat Live side or Scholo for
Necrali healing
Fazuul or Nash tanking
?

We may get Syonn, he expressed interest in helping in BRD last time we went there. Could be very tough for Keshoga to keep a mage alive in AoE there. How is Keshoga's healing? Thought he was elemental/enhancement...

Really, all we need is one more tank or one more healer and we're in good shape at least as far as distribution (don't know about preference for BRD healing). One more tank -- Fazuul heals. One more healer -- Fazuul tanks.

I can see your logic, but your plan has shamans solo healing for two of the three groups...

We did find that Yurtle could have tanked the Baron had we tried it, but that was with a priest healing and with fort and Mark (which push him over 7000 armor and around 5000 HP). And Yurtle got buffed in the patch as shell sheild has a shorter cooldown and lets him still attack so he won't drop aggro.

Well we guessed Yurtle could do it. We put Fazuul on it but thinking back we thing Yurtle could have.

I don't think a pet can handle Balznaar either. It can handle all of LBRS. It can handle All but the end bosses of Start for sure. Scholo, I'm not sure. It is slower than with a druid or warrior tank though, that is certain.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
vor_lord,Mar 30 2006, 04:01 PM Wrote:I can see your logic, but your plan has shamans solo healing for two of the three groups...
[right][snapback]105919[/snapback][/right]

1) LS usually has healers too
2) Shamans are solo healing the 2 best geared tanks we have, the worst of the healers is paired with what is by far the best geared and spec'ed tank we have.

The other option is to look at things from the standpoint of people who need items for the early parts of the upgrade quests, at least getting the items to make it to the point where they will get quest credit for a 45 minute strat dead run:
People who have belt + bracers + gloves:

Necrali
Octord
Yuri
Fazuul
Mogo

And we have the following needing only 1 item:
Durambar and Conc (belt, strat dead)
Mistique (bracers, BRS)
Keshoga (gloves, UBRS pre-Rend)
Rogoll (bracers, Scholo)
Marn and Swirly (bracers, Strat dead)

Looks logical to potentially have 2 strat dead groups and 1 group either UBRS to Rend, LBRS or Scholo. Since these are BoE items, we don't necessarily have to send people to locations dropping these items, but send them based on BOP items they're after. For example if valor belt dropped on a strat dead run with no warrior, it could be rolled on by all warriors after the run or rolled at the time and have a different party member read the roll and report it in the chat channel.

I don't know other people's priority on gear though. But I think it will be fun to try the 45 minute strat dead challenge. We would potentially have a group to try it this week, but I don't see people getting to that point in the quest line by then. Plus the 3 main healers would all be in one group =)

While ont he subject of upgrade quests:
If people need a delicate arcanite converter for completing the second quest part, I will offer them to Lurkers free of charge, one per player if you intend to use it for your upgrade quest.
I also have a few spare crystals + thorium if you have the source for a transmute, I keep my own alchemist pretty busy with arcanite transmutes, and still have leftover crystals.
I have plenty of goblin rocket fuel (30 or 40 or so) and the means to make more, this should be plent for everyone though if we duo the ectoplasms.
The only real gating item is going be stonescale oil and the 110 raw gold needed to get to the 45 minute baron run.
I currently have 10 oil that I bought for Lianne, who won't be getting her pieces very soon, I think, so I will offer them to someone who will give me 10 oil at a later date, hopefully after the AH prices have settled a bit over their current madness.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
vor_lord,Mar 30 2006, 06:01 PM Wrote:That works.  Mogo up for Dead side strat healing?
[right][snapback]105919[/snapback][/right]
You betcha! As long as I don't have a mage that insists on casting Amplify magic for the fights where we're fighting casters and then refuses to allow the tank to lock aggro before unloading, I'll be fine. :D "Amplify magic helps your healing dude!" "Yeah, it also increases that shadow damage that's flying all around along with the curse (that you refuse to remove) that lowers your shadow resistance." *sighs*

Mogo's gotten better gear since the last time I healed in there so I should be good. :D
Intolerant monkey.
Treesh,Mar 30 2006, 09:16 PM Wrote:You betcha!  As long as I don't have a mage that insists on casting Amplify magic for the fights where we're fighting casters and then refuses to allow the tank to lock aggro before unloading, I'll be fine. :D  "Amplify magic helps your healing dude!"  "Yeah, it also increases that shadow damage that's flying all around along with the curse (that you refuse to remove) that lowers your shadow resistance."  *sighs*

Mogo's gotten better gear since the last time I healed in there so I should be good. :D
[right][snapback]105925[/snapback][/right]

Frankly, I'm willing to go about anywhere, BRD is only one idea :D
--Mav
Deadpriest has signed up (showing his preference for Scarlet Strat actually).

Are there any healers that haven't completed the Emperor?
vor_lord,Mar 31 2006, 10:23 AM Wrote:Deadpriest has signed up (showing his preference for Scarlet Strat actually).

[right][snapback]105959[/snapback][/right]
I bought bracers for Rogoll at AH, changed my signup to Scarlet Strat, and deleted my Scholo signup. However, I can plug Magead in wherever if needed--I wasn't sure if I should sign Magead up for everything or how to indicate that.

Also, I sent back everyone's lockboxes--now unlocked.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtmlWbJ-1vgb3aJmW4DJ7...NntmKgW8Cp]
vor_lord,Mar 31 2006, 09:23 AM Wrote:Deadpriest has signed up (showing his preference for Scarlet Strat actually).

[right][snapback]105959[/snapback][/right]
I have not completed the Emperor.
Intolerant monkey.
Treesh,Mar 31 2006, 09:04 AM Wrote:I have not completed the Emperor.
[right][snapback]105963[/snapback][/right]

Here's an idea (cross posted on guildportal):

Well it's hard to figure out exactly how to organize stuff. What we'll do is as soon as we have a tank and a healer that agree on a place to go together, they'll call out for others to join. Then they go.

Tanks: Conc, Durambar, Fazuul
Healers: Mogo, Deadpriest, Necrali

For sure there will be a BRD (tanked by Durambar), and an Undead Strat (tanked by Conc). For the third, there is quite a bit of interest in Scarlet Strat or Scholo -- potentially even a second undead strat. Fazuul will be tanking that one.

I think it makes sense to send Mogo with Durambar to BRD unless Deadpriest still needs/wants to kill the Emperor (Necrali has already done it a few times). Necrali doesn't mind doing any side of Strat or Scholo so wherever we end up going I can go (in fact she can even go to BRD to holy nova down some Angerforge Reservists :P)

Things we really want: mage (or warlock failing that) to go to BRD