Guild Wars: Factions Preview Event
Watto44,Mar 25 2006, 11:43 PM Wrote:Those things are fun! I tried to get into one of the co-opperative missions as well,  but after waiting a while for the other team to form abandoned it. :(

I'm a little unsure what to do with my faction points though. I found the NPC, who kindly gave me some jadite, but I have no idea where to take it.  :blush:  Is there anything else you can get for your points apart from crafting materials, and how would I go about getting them. :)
[right][snapback]105476[/snapback][/right]

If your guild is aligned with a faction, you can also turn it in to improve your guild's standing. If you have enough, you can get your banner on a town. (Need a heck of a lot, though).

As for the cooperative missions, aparrently, getting to Fort Aspenwood is hell from the Kurzik side. Hence why there's a, well, shortage of them there.
"One day, o-n-e day..."
SwissMercenary,Mar 26 2006, 10:54 AM Wrote:As for the cooperative missions, aparrently, getting to Fort Aspenwood is hell from the Kurzik side. Hence why there's a, well, shortage of them there.
[right][snapback]105477[/snapback][/right]
Whoa, you weren't kidding! I could run to the Luxon one without aggroing anything but getting to the Kurzik one was an absolute nightmare. Being pretty much a total newb, it took me at least 6 tries to get there, and even then I went around the long way to bypass a boss mob at a really nasty choke point. >< Oh well, at least I discovered that I can ditch aggro by running. :blush: I've spent so much time playing WoW recently that I didn't even consider running away as a viable tactic. :D
I hate flags

"Then Honor System came out and I had b*$@& tattoo'd on my forehead and a "kick me" sign taped to my back." - Tiku

Stormscale: Treglies, UD Mage; Treggles, 49 Orc Shaman; Tregor, semi-un-retired Druid.

Terenas (all retired): 60 Druid; 60 Shaman. (Not very creative with my character selection, am I?!Wink
I struggled to Fort Aspenwood (Which made Moleneaux's missions that much easier), and it is a hell of a journey.

Quietest outpost I've ever seen in the game without having to resort to crossing into empty International Districts.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
Finally worked out some router issues so I can actually connect now. :P The intro screens look pretty, and I'm impressed with the way you can alt-tab easily, anyway. :)
Well that was a lot of fun. Big thanks to Swissmercenary for the key and Wyrm for the guild invite. :) I can definately see the attraction of the game, and this weekend has convinced me to give it a go. (Actually, I was convinced after one day and went out and bought it. Unfortunately there were some issues with my copy of the CD Key, and I'm just waiting to hear back from support now. :angry: ) I'm sure that it's even more fun when you know what the heck is going on and know how to put a build together. :D (Trying to put a build together for PvP was driving me up the wall. Soooo many skills and so few slots.)

The dragon at the end of the weekend was just a nice kicker. :P
I hate flags

"Then Honor System came out and I had b*$@& tattoo'd on my forehead and a "kick me" sign taped to my back." - Tiku

Stormscale: Treglies, UD Mage; Treggles, 49 Orc Shaman; Tregor, semi-un-retired Druid.

Terenas (all retired): 60 Druid; 60 Shaman. (Not very creative with my character selection, am I?!Wink