Cenarion rewards
Flymo,Jan 31 2006, 03:36 AM Wrote:They give faction until you hit Revered
[right][snapback]100598[/snapback][/right]

Then it's either part of the recent AD faction noobification changes, or we're talking a very specific group of mobs.

Where?

When?
"AND THEN THE PALADIN TOOK MY EYES!"
Forever oppressed by the GOLs.
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek
Rinnhart,Jan 31 2006, 04:40 AM Wrote:Then it's either part of the recent AD faction noobification changes, or we're talking a very specific group of mobs.

I believe it's the elite mobs in instances that give faction until revered now instead of stopping at half-way through honored. After that, you pretty much have to depend on turning in scourgestones and maybe do some quests if you managed to not do them before getting to Revered with AD.
Flymo,Jan 31 2006, 01:46 AM Wrote:Perhaps oldmandennis meant the abyssal crests the templars drop and which you can turn in, but those are far too valuable to trade for rep.
[right][snapback]100592[/snapback][/right]

I did mean turning in the crests - 10 rep per crest, 3 items per crest = ~ 3 rep per item. I didn't count the rep from the kill because I figuered you could have killed 5 cultists in the time it takes to kill a templar and medded up after. Also, I don't know if you get rep for those kills all the way to exaulted.

I agree that the crests are better saved for hoarding and getting dukes/princes, but if you do so you can't complain about not getting rep fast enough. You are also passing on potential purples, but hey it's your call.

Ok, you are going to grind in EPL. That doubles your rep per kill to ..... 2, which is still less then 2.3 which is what you can get for CC.

I agree that it is better to do some of your AD rep in instances - it might be faster (I don't know if you get rep for boss kills past revered), less monotonus, more blues, and the rep from kills will get you all the way to revered.

However, once you start assuming medium sized parties, it gets impossible to do an apples to apples comparison. If you can field a raid of 20 (which you will have to do to go into AQ20 and get those items anyways), then you can do princes. That drops your rep per kill to 2, but if you kill 20k (0->exaulted, with a few quests and elites thrown in), you will get about 10 purples from killing princes.

Now the AD reward you will probably be slapping on all kinds of items long after these rewards are dust.

So CC is not more difficult then AD, and is a little bit easier and more rewarding in my opinion. I'd say trying to reach exaulted with either is a tough grind until their respective instance are open (I'm thinking Nerimaxxas and AQ20)
oldmandennis,Jan 31 2006, 05:00 PM Wrote:I agree that it is better to do some of your AD rep in instances - it might be faster (I don't know if you get rep for boss kills past revered), less monotonus, more blues, and the rep from kills will get you all the way to revered.

However, once you start assuming medium sized parties, it gets impossible to do an apples to apples comparison.  If you can field a raid of 20 (which you will have to do to go into AQ20 and get those items anyways), then you can do princes.  That drops your rep per kill to 2, but if you kill 20k (0->exaulted, with a few quests and elites thrown in), you will get about 10 purples from killing princes.

Now the AD reward you will probably be slapping on all kinds of items long after these rewards are dust.

So CC is not more difficult then AD, and is a little bit easier and more rewarding in my opinion.  I'd say trying to reach exaulted with either is a tough grind until their respective instance are open (I'm thinking Nerimaxxas and AQ20)
[right][snapback]100628[/snapback][/right]
Up to Revered you can get 1200 AD rep in 90 minutes by going on a Strat raid. You're lucky to get 10% of that rep in the same time in Silithus. How could you say Cenarian rep is easier? Try it yourself and you will see.
Flymo,Jan 31 2006, 01:17 PM Wrote:Up to Revered you can get 1200 AD rep in 90 minutes by going on a Strat raid.  You're lucky to get 10% of that rep in the same time in Silithus.  How could you say Cenarian rep is easier?  Try it yourself and you will see.

What I think makes CC reputation so easy to get is that the pages aren't soulbound, unlike scourgestones. So, if you really really want to get your reputation up, you can grind the mobs down there to get some reputation yourself, sell any extra items that you find while grinding to raise cash, and then spend the cash to buy pages from other people. This is much different from AD, where you actually have to be there at the kill and win the rolls to loot the scourgestones that give you reputation after revered.
Flymo,Jan 31 2006, 12:17 PM Wrote:Up to Revered you can get 1200 AD rep in 90 minutes by going on a Strat raid.  You're lucky to get 10% of that rep in the same time in Silithus.  How could you say Cenarian rep is easier?  Try it yourself and you will see.
[right][snapback]100656[/snapback][/right]

I've done a fair bit of both. The question here is how to get exaulted, not revered. Revered to exaulted is as long as 0 to revered.

And like I said in my last post, as soon as you start throwing raids into the mix it becomes IMPOSSIBLE to make an apples to apples comparison. When you hit AQ20, supposedly you get 3 rep per trash kill. How much trash is there? How easy is it to kill? How many bosses are there? How hard are you grinding - will the lockout trip you up? Is your guild able to full clear AQ20? How populous is your server - are there Scholo groups departing every 15 min? Or do you need to add an hour to your Scholo run while LFG.

For the controlled, solo, grinding from revered->exaulted, AD is generously 2 rep per kill and CC is 2 just from the texts, not counting what you do with the cultist items.

And besides, I wouldn't be suprised if I could get 1200 rep in 90 min in the camps if I was there with 15 people, killing everything in a camp as fast as it respawns.