Terenas 1/20
VoiceMan,Jan 18 2006, 02:01 PM Wrote:Flash popped on Tuesday night long enough to say goodbye, and to inform us he was closing his account, just by way of informational purposes.   
[right][snapback]99585[/snapback][/right]

Yes, I popped on just long enough to mention I am closing my account for now. I have no desire to play WoW at this time, everything feels like a grind and is no fun, with the exception of pvp battlegrounds and they are too iffy for my liking.

The LL is still my homepage and will still be visiting the forums, if things change for me, I will return. For now, I am doing some design and scripting work to occupy my time.

I wish for much fun for everyone and great drops!

Flash
<span style="color:red">Absolute Power!!!!<!--sizec--><!--/sizec--> - Jafar

<span style="color:green">Terenas
60 Gorohnt Orc Warlock - Herb / Alchemy (Main)
54 RawkPaine Orc Shaman - Mining / Jewelcrafting
54 Galahnt Orc Hunter - Mining / Engineer (Goblin)
42 Garahnt Tauren Shaman - Skinning / Leatherworking
36 Gholoko Tauren Druid - Enchanting/ Mining
33 Gharawk Troll Rogue - Mining / Engineer
20 MaxPaine Orc Warrior - Mine / Smith
FlashNPan,Jan 19 2006, 03:19 PM Wrote:Yes, I popped on just long enough to mention I am closing my account for now. I have no desire to play WoW at this time, everything feels like a grind and is no fun, with the exception of pvp battlegrounds and they are too iffy for my liking.

The LL is still my homepage and will still be visiting the forums, if things change for me, I will return. For now, I am doing some design and scripting work to occupy my time.

Flash
[right][snapback]99686[/snapback][/right]

Glad to have played with you and hope to see you again if you get the urge. I'm sure I'll still be there ;)
FlashNPan,Jan 19 2006, 05:19 PM Wrote:Yes, I popped on just long enough to mention I am closing my account for now. I have no desire to play WoW at this time, everything feels like a grind and is no fun, with the exception of pvp battlegrounds and they are too iffy for my liking.

Flash
[right][snapback]99686[/snapback][/right]
We'll be here when you and/or Shadowe (or both) want to return. I wish you much enjoyment and happiness. :)
Intolerant monkey.
VoiceMan,Jan 19 2006, 05:13 PM Wrote:And, I try to relieve Treesh of having to heal, as I know she does an awful lot of healing on SR, and I'd hate to make her do more with her Shaman.&nbsp; However, I hope everyone understands, that I am more than willing to wear my healing gear, and go be MH.&nbsp; I just don't feel I'm nearly as good or capable of main healing for a group as Necrali.
[right][snapback]99685[/snapback][/right]

Aleri is being slowly retired over on Stormrage and is basically only brought out on special occasions. So healing with Mogo (as she was built to do) isn't nearly the drain you may think it is. :) I do love being able to be pretty fluid with Mogo's role in a group though so main healing, backup healing, dps adder, main assist, whatever is great fun to me. :) However, I would definitely like to see Necrali geared up as well as she can be. :D

Please note this isn't a "play Necrali for us or die!" comment either vor_lord. ;)
Intolerant monkey.
If we end up in BRD, I imagine the shield block bug + mithril spike would make lyceum easy without AoE, though kinda cheap. If we want to try lyceum without that and with minimal AoE (shaman, hunter) it sure would be interesting.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
If you guys are giving me the choice, ummmm. I don't know I have a backlog of scholo and backlog of LBRS quests and I really want to get rid of both of those backlogs. Both of them lead to other quests too (as the butcher series runs you back in there) and both in order to fully complete run you into UBRS too. So I guess I probably should get LBRS done in the 5 man first. That might get someone some more parts to the key as well. I think I kept a head and a pike which would mean we could possibly run it the same way we did on the speed raid.

But tonight might also just be a good night for me to just be along for the ride again after last night. Treesh should be able to make that determination.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
VoiceMan,Jan 19 2006, 03:13 PM Wrote:However, I hope everyone understands, that I am more than willing to wear my healing gear, and go be MH.&nbsp; I just don't feel I'm nearly as good or capable of main healing for a group as Necrali.
[right][snapback]99685[/snapback][/right]

From my point of view, it takes a lot of pressure off of me to know that Fazuul + Mogo is plenty of healing for anywhere. I'm particularly looking forward to when Xarhud gets up to 52 or so and we can start bringing him along. This will mean no one has to solo heal as often as Mogo and I have. Everyone is solo heal capable, but the priest is healing on easy mode compared to you guys. I think Fazuul should get some practice main healing though -- it's a fun role and your spec is suited for it. Mogo is a good teacher and backup for doing that.

With 1 hybrid healing priest (may soon be something like 29 Disc/22 Holy), 1 restoration shaman, 1 hybrid druid, and 1 shadow priest, we won't be suffering from healer shortage so much (with Fazuul we are already in a lot better shape). Now what we suffer from occasionally is numbers (i.e. not enough for two 5 mans).

LBRS 5 man -- I've done that twice now, and it's not my favorite place to five man. I'd rather have the shaman and druid healing in there since there is a lot of good loot for them, and only one item for me which there are better options I'm hoping for. I would like to at some point 5 man the Urok Doomhowl event. I really enjoyed our speed raid in there -- we should do more of those in other places too. I'd prefer if GG wants to do LBRS tonight that the druid and the shaman go rather than me since me going takes a slot from someone who might get a reward (plus I've done the quests).
swirly,Jan 18 2006, 07:11 PM Wrote:I won't commit one way or the other, but I can state my preferences for those who want to know.&nbsp; First up is LBRS.&nbsp; Would like to get that done.&nbsp; After that is probably BRD and finishing up the 3 or so quests there just to be rid of them.&nbsp; Next for me is Scholo.&nbsp; I'd like to get the ancient bone bow from there since I'm still using the bow from maraudon.&nbsp; Its a drop so doesn't really matter if its 5 man or raid, though I almost always prefer 5 mans where possible.&nbsp; So those are my prefered places.&nbsp; I'm sure there is loot for me in DM and the other instances too and I don't mind running them, but I haven't really focused in on any loot from them so they aren't a priority for me right now.
[right][snapback]99612[/snapback][/right]

Don't forget that Gorewood Bow is almost as good, and is a lot easier to get. I think we still have several people to do that sequence with Borelgore etc.
RECAP:

Mogo/Marn/Fazuul/Rogoll/swirlytracks did a 5 man of LBRS, where tons of set pieces and 3 key pieces dropped (can someone fill in details?). Conc and Necrali went on a pubbie UBRS raid that was astoundingly inane, yet overpowered enough to succeed. Yuri went to MC with NoS, where they weren't quite able to take Lucifron down on their first trip in.

Afterward, a dead Strat raid yielded the Beaststalker Pants for swirly and some other assorted upgrades. Finally, a DM partial tribute (we killed Kromcrush and he nicely dropped the Boots of the Full Moon for Necrali). The King dropped Barbarous Blade, tribute yielded only one blue, the Tarnished Elven Ring. Both of those went to Marn, who is starting to get really nicely geared for where we are at.

Next week Necrali will be sporting a new cloak, and a new spec.
vor_lord,Jan 21 2006, 11:38 AM Wrote:RECAP:

Mogo/Marn/Fazuul/Rogoll/swirlytracks did a 5 man of LBRS, where tons of set pieces and 3 key pieces dropped (can someone fill in details?).&nbsp;
[right][snapback]99807[/snapback][/right]
My memory of who gets what loot where is generally hazy and staying up that late didn't help, but I'll try to give some details. :)

Two or three Wildheart pieces dropped (Fazuul already had most of them), one or two pieces of beaststalkers dropped; ones that Marn already had iirc so they went to Swirlytracks, bracers of valor dropped, and I can't remember what other stuff dropped between LBRS and Strat. They kinda ran together for me. ;) The unadorned seal and two gemstones dropped and I greedily said I wanted to have the next UBRS key since Durambar wasn't along with us and I honestly couldn't remember if anyone else on the run had already started getting key pieces. Only Omokk didn't cough it up for us. Of course, now that I'm more awake, some part of my brain is trying to tell me that Rogoll has already started some of the key so I may have screwed him over last night. :wacko: Damned greedy shaman. ;)

Overall, out of the entire night, Mogo got 2 upgrades that I can remember - one for healing gear, one for melee gear and the silly belt of elements that I had just purchased that day dropped for us. Fazuul won the roll, but later gave the belt to me anyway to try to sell to get my money back. It's on auction now.

It was much, much fun last night and I'm glad my schedule changed so I can now get in on the later guild action too instead of being one of the party poopers who has to actually get to sleep. ;)
Intolerant monkey.
Treesh,Jan 21 2006, 11:04 AM Wrote:It was much, much fun last night and I'm glad my schedule changed so I can now get in on the later guild action too instead of being one of the party poopers who has to actually get to sleep. ;)
[right][snapback]99819[/snapback][/right]

Ooh, so the schedule change isn't just a one-time thing?

:w00t:
vor_lord,Jan 21 2006, 01:21 PM Wrote:Ooh, so the schedule change isn't just a one-time thing?

:w00t:
[right][snapback]99820[/snapback][/right]
You are correct sir! ;) We've had such a high turnover recently they had to do some shuffling so I asked them to shuffle me to Friday/Saturday if at all possible instead of Thursday/Friday and they did. \o/ :w00t:
Intolerant monkey.
Treesh,Jan 21 2006, 01:04 PM Wrote:Of course, now that I'm more awake, some part of my brain is trying to tell me that Rogoll has already started some of the key so I may have screwed him over last night.&nbsp; :wacko: Damned greedy shaman. ;)
Nope.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtmlWbJ-1vgb3aJmW4DJ7...NntmKgW8Cp]