Terenas 1/13
vor_lord,Jan 12 2006, 07:38 AM Wrote:Late crew might do BRD through to the Emperor if we get two 5 mans for the first part of the night.  Necrali, Durambar, Swirlytracks, Fazuul, and Yuri killed the Emperor last night but somehow didn't get quest credit.  We had a good time, it was the first time past the Lyceum for any of us.
[right][snapback]99227[/snapback][/right]

Yes! I've been to BRD so much and never past the Lyceum. I also need to smelt some DIO, I think I have around 30 ore or so taking up bank space. And it would get one more quest out of my log.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
vor_lord,Jan 12 2006, 12:43 PM Wrote:We don't do that!  Yuri waits for a bit, launches a flamestrike, which is my signal to shield him and heal him.  Of course this got us killed in LBRS because multiple crystallizes from the spiders sent them all after squishies.  We did better with immediate AoE there.

The dance we have is that if I have to heal the tank before AoE comes in, they break for me.  This ruins the flamestrike, and also divides my attention as Yuri starts AoEing which causes me stress ;)
[right][snapback]99244[/snapback][/right]

Emphasis added. ;) With these dogs, it really is better to wait. You don't have to worry about your tank getting slept or stunned or crystallized or anything like that (although frequently the priest can dispell just about all of that crap off of the tank pretty darned quickly so it doesn't have to be so debilitating to the group. Sometimes you can't though because blizzard decided to make things more difficult ;) ).

You can also preshield the tank before the pull, and then hit the mage with shield after the cooldown is done and before the mage starts AoEing. Less chance of you getting aggro, but still keeps everyone safe. :) Or at least safer. ;)
Intolerant monkey.
Gnollguy,Jan 12 2006, 12:40 PM Wrote:- The key will disappear if you zone out. 
[right][snapback]99249[/snapback][/right]

Have you verified this lately? I remember having to worry about having the key disappear a while ago, but then more recently we never worry about it. I can say for sure that I've done tribute runs as of patch 1.8 and killed the guard, zoned out, reformed, and zoned back in without the key going away. So have you checked in 1.9 to see if they changed it? I really doubt they have.
swirly,Jan 12 2006, 05:37 PM Wrote:Have you verified this lately?  I remember having to worry about having the key disappear a while ago, but then more recently we never worry about it.  I can say for sure that I've done tribute runs as of patch 1.8 and killed the guard, zoned out, reformed, and zoned back in without the key going away.  So have you checked in 1.9 to see if they changed it?  I really doubt they have.
[right][snapback]99272[/snapback][/right]

No but the key always went away for me in 1.8 so I wonder why it didn't for you.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.