Terenas 1/13
I'll be there. My preference is to go to DM, most likely North (either tribute or slaughter although slaughter is better for a priest). Scarlet Strat is still on my list too but I don't want to do it without a warlock, shaman, or druid since a late wipe = game over.

It's entirely possible this Friday will be much like the last one, with a raid to start off and then a 5 man after. If we can get 10 people then we can do two five mans.

Code:
Lurker                Character(s)           Coming?       Preference
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Alram           Rogoll       (60 Rogue)        Yes        5-Scholo, R-Anything
                Drutar       (56 Druid)
bonemage        Durambar     (60 Warrior)      Yes        5-DM North, R-LBRS
Concillian      Conc         (60 Warrior)      Yes        5-Strat Live/DM-N, R-LBRS/Scholo
                Concillian   (60 Priest)
                Concilliane  (60 Rogue)
                Lianne       (55? Warlock)
FlashNPan       Gorohnt      (58 Warlock)      No
                Galahnt      (51 Hunter)
Gnollguy        Marntruehorn (60 Hunter)       Yes
khgerg          Octord       (60 Warlock)      Yes        Strat/Scholo/DM
PapaSmurf       Dunar        (54 Druid)        ?
swirly          swirlytracks (60 Hunter)       ?
Treesh          Mogoraindyn  (60 Shaman)       Yes
VoiceMan        Gorkuk       (60 Hunter)       Yes
                Fazuul       (58 Druid)
vor_lord        Necrali      (60 Priest)       Yes        5-DM-N
Urza-DSF        Jandrey      (57 Warrior)      ?
Xame            Yuri         (60 Mage)         Yes        5-DM, R-LBRS
I'm in. :)

*self-resses and FROSTSHOCKS*
Intolerant monkey.
I'll be there

Strat live or DM North pref 5 man, LBRS / Scholo for raid.

I summarized Conc's gear list with # of drops that would be a nice upgrade at various places to make this kind of decision making easier for me:

4 DM North Tribute
3 BRD
3 DM North kill
3 UBRS (* Requires LBRS gems for key)
2 DM West (with Warlock to trigger mount quest mob)
2 Scholo
1 LBRS
1 Strat live quest
1 Sunken Temple
1 world 5 man quest
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
I'll be there. I still don't care where.

At some point Marn does need to do the emperor though. But it is not pressing.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
I'll be there with my rogue.

Preferences
1. 5 man Scholo--to work on a quest line.
2. DM North--5 man, Raids or 5 man: LBRS, Strat Live or dead, Scholo (raid). If the DM north requests made by others are for a tribute run, then a rogue will be helpful, but not necessary.

Incidentally, according to Allakazam, the Medallion of Faith I picked up in Strat Live with the 99 roll last Friday leads to a Strat dead quest that
1. makes killing the Baron easier
2. gives everyone in the group quest credit and the reward. The reward is a choice of
(1)

Will of the Martyr
Binds when picked up
Neck
+10 Stamina
Passive: +30 Attack Power.

(2)
Blood of the Martyr
Binds when picked up
Finger
+15 Stamina
+10 Intellect
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtmlWbJ-1vgb3aJmW4DJ7...NntmKgW8Cp]
Alram,Jan 10 2006, 12:09 PM Wrote:I'll be there with my rogue.

Preferences
1. 5 man Scholo--to work on a quest line.
2. DM North--5 man, Raids or 5 man: LBRS, Strat Live or dead, Scholo (raid).  If the DM north requests made by others are for a tribute run, then a rogue will be helpful, but not necessary.

Incidentally, according to Allakazam, the Medallion of Faith I picked up in Strat Live with the 99 roll last Friday leads to a Strat dead quest that
1. makes killing the Baron easier
2. gives everyone in the group quest credit and the reward.  The reward is a choice of
(1)

Will of the Martyr
Binds when picked up
Neck
+10 Stamina
Passive: +30 Attack Power.

(2)
Blood of the Martyr
Binds when picked up
Finger
+15 Stamina
+10 Intellect
[right][snapback]99051[/snapback][/right]

FYI DM can not be raided. Capped at 5 people.

And yep on the Medallion. I tried to explain that over TS but well I did a poor job. :)

And just an FYI, I've got a feeling this might be my last week of I don't care. Some of that is because after this week we'll have a much better handle on the raiding situation on Stormrage and I'll be able to think more about what I want on Terenas, so expect some more, "I want to do this to get quests done" out of me. If I want loot from somewhere I'll poke for a raid. :)
---
Gnollguy,Jan 10 2006, 12:29 PM Wrote:FYI DM can not be raided.  Capped at 5 people.

And yep on the Medallion.  I tried to explain that over TS but well I did a poor job.  :)

And just an FYI, I've got a feeling this might be my last week of I don't care.  Some of that is because after this week we'll have a much better handle on the raiding situation on Stormrage and I'll be able to think more about what I want on Terenas, so expect some more, "I want to do this to get quests done" out of me.  If I want loot from somewhere I'll poke for a raid.  :)
[right][snapback]99056[/snapback][/right]
I didn't mean for DM north to be raided--I should have used a semicolon after it instead of a comma. Or should have put it on a separate line. Thanks for clarifying it.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtmlWbJ-1vgb3aJmW4DJ7...NntmKgW8Cp]
I will be there. Fazuul is now 57, and just about halfway through honored in AV, so he's making progress towards his epic Frostwolf mount. He'd be 60 now if it weren't for all the time I spend in AV. lol It would be nice if the horde could put enough good players on the field to win a match once in a while....but that's another story.

Fazuul is ready to go wherever. He's sort of in flux regarding his spec, and therefore what sort of gear he needs/wants. Gorkuk is also ready to go wherever needed. My preference is to play Fazuul, but I don't mind taking the hunter either, if the hunter's skills would be a better benefit for the group. It also appears again that I'll be able to stay up late this week, so I'm good either way on when we do what.
VoiceMan

Terenas:
Bloodmourne - 85 Blood Elf Death Knight <Lurkers>
Vreeslik - 85 Undead Warlock <Lurkers>
Fazuul - 70 Tauren Druid <Lurkers>
Ooh - 70 Troll Rogue <Lurkers>
Gorkuk- 63 Orc Hunter <Lurkers>
Rojaal - 70 Blood Elf Paladin <Lurkers>
I'll be there. My gear is finally starting to come together, so I am happy to tank wherever my party would like to go. Personally, I could benefit from DM North (Tribute Run), and would like to get into UBRS, so we need to do LBRS to get the key parts. Those two things would make me happiest, but wherever is fine.
------------Terenas------------
Dagorthan – Level 85 Blood Knight
Turothan – Level 83 Blood Knight
Sarothan – Level 62 Blood Knight
Durambar – Level 82 Warrior
Strifemourne – Level 80 Death Knight
VoiceMan,Jan 10 2006, 10:21 AM Wrote:I will be there.&nbsp; Fazuul is now 57, and just about halfway through honored in AV, so he's making progress towards his epic Frostwolf mount.&nbsp; He'd be 60 now if it weren't for all the time I spend in AV.&nbsp; lol.&nbsp; It would be nice if the horde could put enough good players on the field to win a match once in a while....but that's another story.
[right][snapback]99065[/snapback][/right]

At this rate you'll be exhalted before I will. I'm about 6800/12000 through honored, sounds like you're in about the same spot.

The multi-queue thing will mean AV is up more, but it will also mean it will be up at times when horde will always lose. I've never been in a winning match that wasn't on a non-holiday weekend or an AV weekend. The good news is those are next up in the holiday schedule. I don't usually get daytime weekend time for playing, but during the day if you can get with the right group, they can really move through the AVs. I was on vent with an AV group in the late going last AV weekend that had managed 2 wins already, that match went much like most of the AVs go, horde gets stormpike + good push to the towers (we actually got both down) then lost stormpike and tons of people left as the alliance slowly rolled down to their win with superior numbers.

Because the next two weekends are more 'prime' for AV, you might want to spend time leveling in the next few days so you are as close to 60 as possible for prime AV time. At best you will be more effective, and at the very least, more people at 60 = less reason for people to blame losing on people in AV who are not 60... I'm sure you've seen that people in an AV raid need very little reason to start yelling, blaming, and bickering, annoying the hell out of most of the players.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Indeed, you are correct. I've been harassed about being underlevelled, and a hindrance to the group, etc etc...but they don't seem to mind when I slap a heal on them. That's actually part of the reason I haven't downloaded Vent, is the raid chat is bad enough. I can only imagine the bickering that goes on over Vent. ;)

On the rep end....seems Fazuul is somewhere around 5700 through honored, so not quite halfway through. I suppose though that levelling him up will be very useful as well, and needs to happen in addition to the AV rep. I think you're suggestion is good...spend the next week or so getting Fazuul as close to 60 as possible for the AV weekend, which is not this weekend...but the following, iirc.
VoiceMan

Terenas:
Bloodmourne - 85 Blood Elf Death Knight <Lurkers>
Vreeslik - 85 Undead Warlock <Lurkers>
Fazuul - 70 Tauren Druid <Lurkers>
Ooh - 70 Troll Rogue <Lurkers>
Gorkuk- 63 Orc Hunter <Lurkers>
Rojaal - 70 Blood Elf Paladin <Lurkers>
Alram,Jan 10 2006, 09:09 AM Wrote:If the DM north requests made by others are for a tribute run, then a rogue will be helpful, but not necessary.
[right][snapback]99051[/snapback][/right]

I have lots of extra Truesilver at this point, so can make truesilver keys so that we don't HAVE to have a rogue to do a tribute run. Though they do require someone with 200 BS to USE, so that would limit the DM tribute group to needing Conc or Rogoll

I believe Lianne has the large seaforium charge recipe, but she's not likely to be going, neither is Concillianne, who could also open the door. Anyone else capable who I'm missing? (eng 200+ or BS 200+ or rogue)
VoiceMan,Jan 10 2006, 11:18 AM Wrote:I think you're suggestion is good...spend the next week or so getting Fazuul as close to 60 as possible for the AV weekend, which is not this weekend...but the following, iirc.
[right][snapback]99071[/snapback][/right]

That's true, no holiday this weekend, then AV holiday.

The non-holiday weekend also sees more people in AV than usual. There is less of an honor 'penalty' for doing AV since the honor point farms of AB and WSG are not seeing double bonuses.

So this weekend will also see some good quality AV action because more of the people who are concerned about honor grind AND rep grind will be in AV than on a WSG or AB weekend.

And the people on vent in AV are usually not the big complainers, actually vent is not as useful in AV unless a LOT of people are on vent. You know where you need to go in AV, the objectives are very clear. WSG and AB are better for Vent/TS because timing is more important. AV is less about response time than teamwork potential.
Concillian,Jan 10 2006, 12:27 PM Wrote:I have lots of extra Truesilver at this point, so can make truesilver keys so that we don't HAVE to have a rogue to do a tribute run.&nbsp; Though they do require someone with 200 BS to USE, so that would limit the DM tribute group to needing Conc or Rogoll

I believe Lianne has the large seaforium charge recipe, but she's not likely to be going, neither is Concillianne, who could also open the door.&nbsp; Anyone else capable who I'm missing? (eng 200+ or BS 200+ or rogue)
[right][snapback]99072[/snapback][/right]
I have some frost oil for the trap that needs to be repaired. We'll need Mogo to make some bolts of runecloth (I have some cloth) if a tribute run is done. I think the idea that some of us discussed was to start with a slaughter run (as there are drops desired that you can't get from the tribute) and then after being a little more familiar with the instance, then start doing tribute runs.
------------Terenas------------
Dagorthan – Level 85 Blood Knight
Turothan – Level 83 Blood Knight
Sarothan – Level 62 Blood Knight
Durambar – Level 82 Warrior
Strifemourne – Level 80 Death Knight
bonemage,Jan 10 2006, 11:33 AM Wrote:I have some frost oil for the trap that needs to be repaired.&nbsp; We'll need Mogo to make some bolts of runecloth (I have some cloth) if a tribute run is done.&nbsp; I think the idea that some of us discussed was to start with a slaughter run (as there are drops desired that you can't get from the tribute) and then after being a little more familiar with the instance, then start doing tribute runs.
[right][snapback]99074[/snapback][/right]

Yeah, that's what I was thinking, but Mogo/Marn are probably familiar enough with DM North that we could do a trib run under their guidance.

So perhaps we can do a trib run with one group (mogo/marn) and a kill run with the other if we get 10. Try seperating the groups by who would benefit most from the kill / tribute.

I don't know the instance at all so this is purely speculation, but it seems like a trib run would only need 5 for the king, and a kill run might make due on the early portions with 4, so potentially 9 might be feasible if one member ends up in the king fight for both groups. Having Octord in the first '4' group would make it easier as he could summon the 5th past the patrols... Just thinking out loud on a possibility besides raiding if we end up with 9 like last week. It may be overall more beneficial than a raid.
Concillian,Jan 10 2006, 02:27 PM Wrote:I have lots of extra Truesilver at this point, so can make truesilver keys so that we don't HAVE to have a rogue to do a tribute run.&nbsp; Though they do require someone with 200 BS to USE, so that would limit the DM tribute group to needing Conc or Rogoll

I believe Lianne has the large seaforium charge recipe, but she's not likely to be going, neither is Concillianne, who could also open the door.&nbsp; Anyone else capable who I'm missing? (eng 200+ or BS 200+ or rogue)
[right][snapback]99072[/snapback][/right]

I don't know what we have for engineers but a large seaforium charge will also open that door giving another potential option.

And you can kill one of the guards to get the key and just get one less item in the tribute chest or so I've heard, we've always had a rogue, engineer or smith with us.
---
Concillian,Jan 10 2006, 02:55 PM Wrote:Yeah, that's what I was thinking, but Mogo/Marn are probably familiar enough with DM North that we could do a trib run under their guidance.

So perhaps we can do a trib run with one group (mogo/marn) and a kill run with the other if we get 10.&nbsp; Try seperating the groups by who would benefit most from the kill / tribute.

I don't know the instance at all so this is purely speculation, but it seems like a trib run would only need 5 for the king, and a kill run might make due on the early portions with 4, so potentially 9 might be feasible if one member ends up in the king fight for both groups.&nbsp; Having Octord in the first '4' group would make it easier as he could summon the 5th past the patrols...&nbsp; Just thinking out loud on a possibility besides raiding if we end up with 9 like last week.&nbsp; It may be overall more beneficial than a raid.
[right][snapback]99077[/snapback][/right]

There is one pull that unless they changed it again in 1.9 is 4 mobs. These can be non elite dogs that hit nearly as hard as elites, elite ogre mages or elite orge warriors. Depending on what you get in that pull it can be the hardest pull in the instance.

4 people will also have difficulty with the 2 orge warlock, 1 orge warrior pull that you have to deal with.

The hardest fight, I feel, in there is Kromcrush as he summons help at the end of the fight and hits hard. So it stresses the mana pool, the CC abilities and tanking of any group.

The king is idea easier to kill than to get tribute from as you can off tank him burn down the friend then kill him. That is simpler than off tanking a caster then killing the king in my opinion.
---
Yuri will be there. I vote for a speed raid of LBRS followed by DM. We might need to set a clock on the LBRS run and try to beat our times to make sure we are moving faster every time (makes things more interesting). I am starting to hate LBRS but its the only way to UBRS which is great (2% crit spell item from a quest reward).

Just FYI, I was on a Strat-Dead run (clear all bosses and barron) when the server started the 15min countdown. Well the raid said, "lets kill as many as we can before the server drops us". We started the clock at Magistars and ended up almost getting the barron with only 7 people since 3 got locked out of the gate (current time is ~13min). Since then, the guilds NOS and NS have been talking about speed and setting the clock. Master Loot is on with a DE as the master from the start of the instance. The master looter flashs all BoP in the raid chat, unless you call need, its DE by default. At the end of the run everything is rolled for or guild rolled (one person from each guild rolls for their bank, BoE set pieces, patterns etc.). From the start of the instance it is one long pull (with people drinking and eating during the fights). The raid only stops for a boss fight and to roll for the stones. Healers swap drinking and healing. The most common thing you hear on Vent is PULL.

I'm hoping we get to this in LBRS since I really don't like this instance and it is such a long boring instance. The faster we get our key the happer I'll be.
Terenas
Yuri - Mage/Arcane 85 Undead
Thirdrail - Shaman/Resto 85 Tauren
Vicstull - Rogue/Subtlety 85 Troll
Penten - Priest/Discipline 85 Blood Elf
Storage guild Bassomatic
I expect to be available, and I was hoping that if an oddball number of people were on that I could talk some folks into running alts with me (Xame and Forgar come to mind, of course). I'm not sure what would be appropriate - Xame is slightly lower level (41, I think), so possibly RFD?

If this doesn't fly, I expect to be out in the world working on leveling or herbalism or even fishing. :)
<span style="color:red">Terenas (PvE)
Xarhud: Lvl 80 Undead Priest
Meltok: Lvl 70 Undead Mage
Ishila: Lvl 31 Tauren Druid
Tynaria: Lvl 66 Blood Elf Rogue
Xame,Jan 10 2006, 06:22 PM Wrote:Yuri will be there.&nbsp; I vote for a speed raid of LBRS followed by DM.&nbsp; We might need to set a clock on the LBRS run and try to beat our times to make sure we are moving faster every time (makes things more interesting).&nbsp; I am starting to hate LBRS but its the only way to UBRS which is great (2% crit spell item from a quest reward).

Just FYI, I was on a Strat-Dead run (clear all bosses and barron) when the server started the 15min countdown.&nbsp; Well the raid said, "lets kill as many as we can before the server drops us".&nbsp; We started the clock at Magistars and ended up almost getting the barron with only 7 people since 3 got locked out of the gate (current time is ~13min).&nbsp; Since then, the guilds NOS and NS have been talking about speed and setting the clock.&nbsp; &nbsp; Master Loot is on with a DE as the master from the start of the instance.&nbsp; The master looter flashs all BoP in the raid chat, unless you call need, its DE by default.&nbsp; At the end of the run everything is rolled for or guild rolled (one person from each guild rolls for their bank, BoE set pieces, patterns etc.).&nbsp; From the start of the instance it is one long pull (with people drinking and eating during the fights).&nbsp; The raid only stops for a boss fight and to roll for the stones.&nbsp; Healers swap drinking and healing. The most common thing you hear on Vent is PULL.

I'm hoping we get to this in LBRS since I really don't like this instance and it is such a long boring instance.&nbsp; The faster we get our key the happer I'll be.
[right][snapback]99093[/snapback][/right]

This is what I refer to when I say Anadrol speed. You don't stop. But we still do loot by normal means. There just isn't any debate on stuff. If you need it you roll need, if you will wear it you roll greed. If no one rolls, it get's DE'd.

Can kill Baron in 50 minutes this way. Have completed UBRS in under an hour this way as well.

The issue with this is, it can no fun at all for peope that don't know the instance.

For LBRS I would suggest that you go in, kill the first couple of pulls, kill the first 6 pull and that one pat. Then you jump down to the orcs. Mow them down, mow down the spiders, kill the big dog (and the quartermaster if you want), press on to Wrym and kill him. Then you can jump down on Omok's head, kill him, then fight out and dow through the trolls. If you have a rogue or druid that wants shadowcraft or a hunter that wants her gloves kill Vosh. If not go down and kill Voone. Done.

I would think you could still do something like this in an hour or so. The problem is since we are horde and Omokk drops the shaman boots you don't have a good way to kill him for those. A rogue or druid could stealth and get the pike and if you are fast enough after you kill Omokk you could go back up and do the event from a jump after killing everyone else.

I also have no problem with the idea of speed LBRS runs. Or when some has the seal and a couple of gems just targeting runs to get the last gem. Marn still needs the shoulders from wrym and the gloves off of Voone. Even if I haven't really looked for a list of hunter gear. :)
---