Avarice Alliance Defeats Molten Core!
Gort,Jan 10 2006, 02:00 PM Wrote:This second kill felt a lot more controlled as well. The first couple of minutes are frantic then that eerie calm descends where most of the raid is standing around near the walls, waiting for the last couple of eggs to die and watching our warriors run round in a strange, almost balletic Benny Hill chase.

It's almost beautiful.....

/smirk
[right][snapback]99060[/snapback][/right]

Actually the first time we took down Raz it was like this also. The last minute of stage one was just me and Anadrol kiting 40 mobs.

The probably was that EVERYTHING had to go perfect. I think with our current strat we aren't putting too much pressure on just a few people to perform perfect. If some one messes up it's not a wipe now (or so we keep saying).

Until we can take him down on our first attempt I'm not comfortable with Raz yet ;).
[Image: 21740hrsxL.png]
Legedi,Jan 10 2006, 06:34 PM Wrote:Actually the first time we took down Raz it was like this also. The last minute of stage one was just me and Anadrol kiting 40 mobs.

The probably was that EVERYTHING had to go perfect. I think with our current strat we aren't putting too much pressure on just a few people to perform perfect. If some one messes up it's not a wipe now (or so we keep saying).

Until we can take him down on our first attempt I'm not comfortable with Raz yet ;).
[right][snapback]99067[/snapback][/right]

Ya, I think our first kill was luck with spawns and aggro, but this one was down to work and skill. Much much smoother - you know it's going well when the eerie hush descends and fewer than 5 are dead. Very nice work.
[Image: 259402pnMDg.png]
Gort,Jan 10 2006, 01:45 PM Wrote:Ya, I think our first kill was luck with spawns and aggro, but this one was down to work and skill. Much much smoother - you know it's going well when the eerie hush descends and fewer than 5 are dead. Very nice work.
[right][snapback]99069[/snapback][/right]

I agree with you and Legedi.

I also have to thank everyone that helped evolve the strat. I know these have pretty much been my runs and we started with ideas I came up with after I went in there the first time with 17 other people to see just what was what. I didn't read a post about the encounter or watch a video of it until after our 3rd run in there. I'm very very pleased to be able to get that "first one there" experience even though I wasn't. For the sake of the other raiders I won't be doing that as much in the future now so we can maybe get things a little quicker. But I still don't know which boss even comes after Vael. :)

Of course sometimes I was doing things that people really didn't like sometimes I took longer to try some things that people wanted to try. Sometimes my ideas were good, sometimes they were bad. Sometimes other people's ideas were good, sometimes they were bad. I did my best to play to our strengths. I know that I prefer a different kiting path when I'm a kiting warrior, but our other warriors don't so we go with what more people feel better about and it works. I didn't always do things the best, I had paladins pissed at me for awhile, we could probably do more with our hunters, the priests were not able to keep up with the impossible demands placed on them at times, druids got left out at times, warlocks didn't even factor in for me for a bit, tanks got asked to do jobs they hated, mages got contracitory requests from me, rogues were asked to be in 3 places at once. :)

But it was great for me regardless becuase it's a great crew to work with. We started with a four corner strat on early attempts we met with disaster. We moved to everyone in the middle and saw some success and a even a kill out of it, but it wasn't working well, as mentioned it was a lot eggs in just a few baskets. So we went back to the corners with some new plans and we saw good things. We tweaked some more and saw better things. It was good.

There will be even more tweaking again. I plan to rewrite the stat guide that I had for this. Get some more details in there, use a properly oriented picture (*slaps head* again) and try to get it up tonight or tomorrow to give more time to digest it and tweak it again.

I'll try to get more in for Vael as well. I'm happy that my first goblin strat worked both times too. :) I don't think Vael will go down this next time without some luck, but I think we'll walk away with enough knowledge to make it work after that.

We're getting closer to Razor being the same type of encounter domo is for us. Controlled and still difficult but something we should be able to do every time. I fully expect him to die again on Thursday. :)
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.