Check out this kid and his guitar
http://www.weakgame.com/data/Videos/200512...ast_fingers.wmv

It's pretty damned awesome.
DeeBye,Jan 1 2006, 11:31 PM Wrote:http://www.weakgame.com/data/Videos/200512...ast_fingers.wmv

[right][snapback]98506[/snapback][/right]

Nice to see that my vid is finally getting seen.

:rolleyes: I wish. Not in a million years. Although I can do a pretty nice job of it on clarinet!

Best link of the year, Dee!
But whate'er I be,
Nor I, nor any man that is,
With nothing shall be pleased till he be eased
With being nothing.
William Shakespeare - Richard II
Might be Ryan Formato?
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

DeeBye,Jan 2 2006, 01:31 AM Wrote:It's pretty damned awesome.[right][snapback]98506[/snapback][/right]
This is just a guess, but I think he has practiced that a few times. Wow!
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
DeeBye,Jan 2 2006, 07:31 AM Wrote:http://www.weakgame.com/data/Videos/200512...ast_fingers.wmv

I don't know. The song is cool, no question about that, and I really liked the arrangement as well. Also, it's clear that the kid has some real ability, but as for 'awesome'? Nah. My jaw was firmly planted at its place. If you want the sweep the floor with the lower part of your face, you should really check out some of John Petrucci's guitar solos. :)
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw
DeeBye,Jan 2 2006, 03:31 AM Wrote:http://www.weakgame.com/data/Videos/200512...ast_fingers.wmv

I spent a few days trying to figure it out but I found the guy I was looking for!
Jason Becker, guitarist from a band called Cacophany, was an amazing guitarist. He played a neo-classical style. He is insane.
Videos:
Paganini 5th Caprice
tapping with the left hand, yo-yo with the right hand
Serrana Arpeggio

Unfortunately he has ALS, and a while back lost his ability to play guitar.
Stormrage
Raelynn - Gnome Warlock - Herbalism/Alchemy
Markuun - Tauren Shaman - Skinning/Leatherworking
Aredead - Undead Mage - Tailoring/Enchanting

Dethecus
Gutzmek - Orc Shaman - Skinning/Leatherworking
Quote:I don't know. The song is cool, no question about that, and I really liked the arrangement as well. Also, it's clear that the kid has some real ability, but as for 'awesome'? Nah. My jaw was firmly planted at its place. If you want the sweep the floor with the lower part of your face, you should really check out some of John Petrucci's guitar solos. smile.gif
QFT.

http://www.johnpetrucci.com/mp3s/John_Petr...eater_AsIAm.mp3
I was just listening to all of these selections. While D's guy might not be as fast, these old fart ears would take his performance over the others anytime. As I was listening again, I was reminded of the duet between Virgina Madsen, on the cello, and the computer in the movie Electric Dreams. Anyone else know what I am referring to? A virtual cookie to anyone that can find me a clip of that duet so I can have it on my computer.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

"Talk, Laugh, Love."
LochnarITB,Jan 5 2006, 04:05 AM Wrote:I was just listening to all of these selections.  While D's guy might not be as fast, these old fart ears would take his performance over the others anytime.  As I was listening again, I was reminded of the duet between Virgina Madsen, on the cello, and the computer in the movie Electric Dreams.  Anyone else know what I am referring to?  A virtual cookie to anyone that can find me a clip of that duet so I can have it on my computer.
[right][snapback]98748[/snapback][/right]
If you actually listen to a lot more of his stuff, you can find much better, more "pretty" solos. One example is Solitary Shell off of the Dream Theater album, Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence (Link: Solitary Shell (full song)) The solo is about 4 minutes into the song.

Another is from Under a Glass Moon (Link: Under a Glass Moon (solo only))

And lastly, Hourglass, from a grouping called Liquid Tension Experiment (Link: Hourglass (full song)) This song evokes strong emotion from me almost every time that I listen to it. It is one of the most beautiful songs that I know.

Be nice, these files are hosted on my school web space.
Stormrage
Raelynn - Gnome Warlock - Herbalism/Alchemy
Markuun - Tauren Shaman - Skinning/Leatherworking
Aredead - Undead Mage - Tailoring/Enchanting

Dethecus
Gutzmek - Orc Shaman - Skinning/Leatherworking
LochnarITB,Jan 5 2006, 03:05 AM Wrote:I was just listening to all of these selections.  While D's guy might not be as fast, these old fart ears would take his performance over the others anytime.  As I was listening again, I was reminded of the duet between Virgina Madsen, on the cello, and the computer in the movie Electric Dreams.  Anyone else know what I am referring to?  A virtual cookie to anyone that can find me a clip of that duet so I can have it on my computer.
[right][snapback]98748[/snapback][/right]
Do you mean The Duel?

I found it on this page.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

kandrathe,Jan 5 2006, 01:38 PM Wrote:Do you mean The Duel?

I found it on this page.
[right][snapback]98776[/snapback][/right]
The google-fu is strong with this one...

Thank you. Of course, if I had actually used the name of the song, I might have had a better chance of finding it. electric dreams cello computer duet edgar... didn't cut it. :blush:

I'm not sure why I associated this with the posted performance, but just listening to it brings the video portion clearly into my head, especially the joy Madeline experiences playing along, and it makes me smile.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

"Talk, Laugh, Love."
Raelynn,Jan 5 2006, 08:19 AM Wrote:Be nice, these files are hosted on my school web space.
[right][snapback]98761[/snapback][/right]
I grabbed them and then, hearing how good they were, posted the links on slashdot - hope you don't mind. (j/k ;) )

Thanks! Very nice.

(also, if you do want to fix the links, even though that might defeat the request for the forum to be nice to your bandwidth, put a "%20" in place of the spaces in the url part of the links)
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

"Talk, Laugh, Love."