Warlock pets
What percentage of damage is due to pets?
Of the total damage output, what sort of percentage would the different pets damage account for in a average warlock build?
This due to I am considering if is worth doing a orc warlock rather than undead due to increased damage of pets, also taking into account other racial differences
In other words trying to pick between a Orc or a Undead Warlock
:)
Any input is appreciated.
41 dwarf priest stormrage Perchard
low lvl undead warlock terenas Slyshadow
south,Dec 15 2005, 09:52 AM Wrote:What percentage of damage is due to pets?
Of the total damage output, what sort of percentage would the different pets damage account for in a average warlock build?
This due to I am considering if is worth doing a orc warlock rather than undead due to increased damage of pets, also taking into account other racial differences
In other words trying to pick between a Orc or a Undead Warlock
:)
Any input is appreciated.
[right][snapback]97173[/snapback][/right]

At lv 60 and depending on talents:

Imp: 75 to 150 DPS (depends on if you took the Improved Imp and Improved Firebolt)

Voidwalker: 35 to 50 DPS (again, depends on talents)

Succubus: 125 to 165 DPS (again, depends on talents)

Felhunter: not sure, haven't tanked with Felhunter much, used it more for PvP or if there wasn't a mage along to CS and the like.

Infernal: Never bothered to use it outside PvP as it's pretty weak for tanking

Doomguard: 200 to 225 DPS, but can be a liability due to enslavement

As to Horde Warlocks, Orc if you want to improve on the pets further, Undead if you want even less down time (life tapping and then canibalizing, but Warlocks have little to no down time already unless you are fighting multiple mobs at once).
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that the Orc racial trait only applies to white damage done by pets. If that's the case, warlock pets receive very little bonus from it since most of the pet damage comes from spells. I haven't tested this of course, maybe Drasca could shed some light on it since he's got a 60 orc Warlock.

I've debated starting a horde warlock, and while I usually don't take racial traits into consideration, the undead cannibalize & WotF traits are danged nice. Plus there's something cool about an undead guy with the Einstein hairstyle and engineering goggles. :) They look downright ridiculous if you don't have a robe on them though.
RTM,Dec 15 2005, 03:36 PM Wrote:maybe Drasca could shed some light on it since he's got a 60 orc Warlock.

I've debated starting a horde warlock
[right][snapback]97201[/snapback][/right]

Everyone goes male or female undead lock (if they aren't part of the millions of alliance). Go female orc lock with goggles. That's the coolest look, and the rarest.

As for the command trait... I heard the opposite, it supposedly adds +5% flat to all my pet's attack damage. I've had imps and succubi rack up damage in the thousands range in MC/Onyxia before. As to average damage against another UD Lock comparison? I've never done that. Talent builds matter greatly, and the 'spell' portion of the damage done by pets only matters in two cases: Imps, and succubi with a destruction warlock upgrade. Her LoP doesn't consistently add great amounts of damage compared to the sheer terror she is with Full Unholy power around. 100-200+ range per hit, which is every few seconds. VW's damage is negligible in all cases, and felhunter does ok damage. Felhunter isn't laughed at in duels, but he's nowhere close to Infernal, Doomguard, and Succubus level of damage.

I don't know if the Orc Racial is applied to enslaved demons... however I loved using them when I could, especially in DM East. 200-400dps from the demons alone... Discluding the aoe abilities effects too.

I figure in general, pets contribute around 20% of my overall damage. In certain cases however, this can spike up to 50%, or technically zero... when I am busy surviving, or even doing dps (in the case of enslaved demons), or when I have an imp phased out for dark pact purposes (during affliction builds). His mana however, is certainly a contribution to my dps.