First trailer for X-Men 3 is here
Doc,Dec 7 2005, 12:57 AM Wrote:Gambit would pretty much screw anything with legs.
[right][snapback]96416[/snapback][/right]

Yeah, but Longshot had all the ladies swooning. He's just so young and innocent :wub:
DeeBye,Dec 6 2005, 11:59 PM Wrote:Yeah, Colossus was badass.  My most memorable bit with him in the comics was back in the late 80's or so.  It was one of the story arcs that covered all of the mutant-themed comics.  There was a gang of bad mercenary mutants called the "Marauders" that were hunting down and killing the "Morlocks" (refuge mutants that lived in sewers).  It was merciless killing, often of the elderly and very young.

Anyways, one of the Marauders could spin at superhuman speed.  He would enter a room full of Morlocks and spin around while chucking razors and other sharp peices of metal.  They would fly around in all directions and completely decimate anyone in the vicinity.

Colossus met with this guy and shielded innocent Morlocks with his body.  The spinny guy got pissed and spun even faster and focused his destruction on Colossus.  He was shooting all manner of sharp pointy things at Colossus at supersonic speed while Colossus crept ever closer.  Most of them bounced off his metal skin, but a small percentage actually penetrated.  With the sheer number of junk this guy was throwing, it soon added up to a lot of sharpnel embedded in Colossus.

Colossus got more and more pissed about all of the death the twisty guy caused.  He got close, grabbed this guy's neck, and snapped it like a twig.  It was the only time I recall seeing Colossus kill anyone out of anger.

Unfortunately Colossus suffered some pretty severe injuries.  Magneto was a "good guy" at the time and tried to magnetically fix him up.  He stopped him from dying, but  at the cost of fusing his metal body into a solid state.  Poor Colossus couldn't even shift back to flesh  :(

I stopped reading comics shortly after this, and never really knew the outcome.
[right][snapback]96407[/snapback][/right]
I haven't read many stories as I got out of comics many ears back, but I still kept up on some of the ideas. Another kind of surprising almost death for Colossus was actually a person that hit him with acid before throwing their sear at him.

Speaking of Morlocks, they're apparently playing a role in X-Men 3. Leech is credited (he a Morlock) as is Callisto (who I believe was the leader of the Morlocks at one point).
Stormrage
Raelynn - Gnome Warlock - Herbalism/Alchemy
Markuun - Tauren Shaman - Skinning/Leatherworking
Aredead - Undead Mage - Tailoring/Enchanting

Dethecus
Gutzmek - Orc Shaman - Skinning/Leatherworking
Couple points:

1) Anyone else not see Professor X at the funeral scene? I presume it's for Jean Grey. Kinda odd.

2) What's with the new hair style for Storm?

3) Juggernaut looks kinda lame.

4) Jean Grey/Phoenix with Magneto could be interesting for the whole Wolverine/Jean Grey/Cylops love triangle.

5) I swear that Ken Leung was standing behind Magneto in the first forest shot, but he's not listed in the cast.

6) Omega Red was the one with his hands and feet encased I presume?

Vinnie Jones was awesome in Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels - I hope he does a good Juggernaut. I really wish Nightcrawler was still around though :( He was fantastic.
--Mith

I would rather be ashes than dust! I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry rot. I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet. The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Jack London
Mithrandir,Dec 7 2005, 05:55 PM Wrote:Couple points:

1) Anyone else not see Professor X at the funeral scene? I presume it's for Jean Grey. Kinda odd.

2) What's with the new hair style for Storm?

3) Juggernaut looks kinda lame.

4) Jean Grey/Phoenix with Magneto could be interesting for the whole Wolverine/Jean Grey/Cylops love triangle.

5) I swear that Ken Leung was standing behind Magneto in the first forest shot, but he's not listed in the cast.

6) Omega Red was the one with his hands and feet encased I presume?

Vinnie Jones was awesome in Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels - I hope he does a good Juggernaut. I really wish Nightcrawler was still around though :( He was fantastic.
[right][snapback]96467[/snapback][/right]

I absolutely loved how they portrayed Nightcrawler in the movie. I really did. He's one of my favourites.
All alone, or in twos,
The ones who really love you
Walk up and down outside the wall.
Some hand in hand
And some gathered together in bands.
The bleeding hearts and artists
Make their stand.

And when they've given you their all
Some stagger and fall, after all it's not easy
Banging your heart against some mad buggers wall.

"Isn't this where...."
Raelynn,Dec 7 2005, 09:25 AM Wrote:Speaking of Morlocks, they're apparently playing a role in X-Men 3.  Leech is credited (he a Morlock) as is Callisto (who I believe was the leader of the Morlocks at one point).
[right][snapback]96433[/snapback][/right]

It seems likely that the Morlocks are the ones Magneto and Phoenix are seen leading around through many of the clips. It sure looks like they do a number on San Francisco though. Also, a lot of the destruction must happen relatively early in the movie, because they sure seemed to show a lot of the action taking place in a destoyed city landscape (and in the shot where Wolverine in smoking, a piece of the wreckage of the Golden Gate is behind him, and the appearance of the environment seems to match the later destroyed city scenes).
--Mith

I would rather be ashes than dust! I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry rot. I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet. The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Jack London
I read in a movie insider magazine that there is big plans for a Wolverine movie. The working title is Weapon X.

Might be cool or it might really suck.

One thing that bugged me in the Xman movie was that Dr guy saying that he gave Wolverine claws. Not true. Wolverine has always had those claws, but they are made out of bone.

Magneto stripped all of the metal out of Wolverine and he still had his claws.
All alone, or in twos,
The ones who really love you
Walk up and down outside the wall.
Some hand in hand
And some gathered together in bands.
The bleeding hearts and artists
Make their stand.

And when they've given you their all
Some stagger and fall, after all it's not easy
Banging your heart against some mad buggers wall.

"Isn't this where...."
Doc,Dec 7 2005, 06:13 PM Wrote:Magneto stripped all of the metal out of Wolverine and he still had his claws.
[right][snapback]96471[/snapback][/right]

I actually just busted out the Fatal Attractions series the other day after watching the trailer up there. It's good but not half as good as i remember it being.

Meat: as for gambit and rogue having a relationship that's true in the comics but they've already pretty much cancelled that out when they merged Jubalee's character with Rogue in the first movie. They gave jubalee's relationship with wolverine to rogue and replaced gambit with iceman as the "love interest"

Edit: The other way they could introduce Gambit's character is solely reliant on how they depict the Morlocks in X3. The massacre of the morlocks, as described above, was actually organized by gambit in the comics. Although he did not realize he was gathering the marauders to do that.
Doc,Dec 7 2005, 07:13 PM Wrote:One thing that bugged me in the Xman movie was that Dr guy saying that he gave Wolverine claws. Not true. Wolverine has always had those claws, but they are made out of bone.

Magneto stripped all of the metal out of Wolverine and he still had his claws.

I really preferred the thin razor-like Adamatantium claws. In the mid-late 80's, that was what I was used to seeing. Wolverine with bone claws just doesn't seem right to me.

[Image: snikt8gn.gif]
DeeBye,Dec 8 2005, 07:05 AM Wrote:I really preferred the thin razor-like Adamatantium claws.  In the mid-late 80's, that was what I was used to seeing.  Wolverine with bone claws just doesn't seem right to me.
[right][snapback]96482[/snapback][/right]
He got the shiny stuff back later during a rather bad storyarc.
Hugs are good, but smashing is better! - Clarence<!--sizec--><!--/sizec-->
Doc,Dec 7 2005, 07:13 PM Wrote:Magneto stripped all of the metal out of Wolverine and he still had his claws.
Early in the series I believe, before that happened, they hinted that they were added in the weapon x program. After that, they implied that the claws were always there, though that was probably intentional.
Stormrage
Raelynn - Gnome Warlock - Herbalism/Alchemy
Markuun - Tauren Shaman - Skinning/Leatherworking
Aredead - Undead Mage - Tailoring/Enchanting

Dethecus
Gutzmek - Orc Shaman - Skinning/Leatherworking
Here is a nifty link

http://www.usatoday.comfe/gallery/2005/x3/flash.htm