Video of a UFC Pride fight
kandrathe,Dec 3 2005, 01:53 AM Wrote:Another view of Alex punching hard.  One scary dude.  The tattoo stars on his shoulders indicate he is someone of importance within the Russian mafia, but I really like the Grim Reaper holding a baby on his back.
[right][snapback]96195[/snapback][/right]

Heh, I liked his *winding up with one hand and punching with the other one* bit. Shades of Ali or...........Benny Hill.

-A
kandrathe,Dec 3 2005, 03:53 AM Wrote:Another view of Alex punching hard.  One scary dude.  The tattoo stars on his shoulders indicate he is someone of importance within the Russian mafia, but I really like the Grim Reaper holding a baby on his back.
[right][snapback]96195[/snapback][/right]

His punches are a bit "roundhouse" at times, but if you look at his legs you'll see he is putting his entire body into his punches. The most powerful fighters are loose then coil and strike with a full body rotation connected solidly to the ground by the opposite leg. The ones he connects that way are devastating.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

In short, he hits you like a runaway dumptruck.
All alone, or in twos,
The ones who really love you
Walk up and down outside the wall.
Some hand in hand
And some gathered together in bands.
The bleeding hearts and artists
Make their stand.

And when they've given you their all
Some stagger and fall, after all it's not easy
Banging your heart against some mad buggers wall.

"Isn't this where...."
DeeBye,Dec 1 2005, 10:40 PM Wrote:I found a video clip of his brother's antics.  He scares me.

Sorry for the awful dubbed music.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=...2811996320
[right][snapback]96132[/snapback][/right]

When you see someone that does a lot of full contact fighting and their ears don't look like cauliflower you'd better watch out. That usually shows the fights are short and the dude doesn't get hit much.

The tactic of 'get 'em down and beat the snot out of 'em' may not be pretty but it's effective. You can tell this dude didn't learn all he knows inside the ring either.

BTW: these types of fights may not look like they should end when they do. If a fighter has had his bell rung and will be unable to defend himself the ref can call the fight, or a fighter can tap out for arm bars, joint locks, etc. This type of fighting can cause real damage very quickly to an opponent unable to react and that's why refs sometimes call them so quick.
The Bill of No Rights
The United States has become a place where entertainers and professional athletes are mistaken for people of importance. Robert A. Heinlein
Both of my ears look like cauliflowers.

All alone, or in twos,
The ones who really love you
Walk up and down outside the wall.
Some hand in hand
And some gathered together in bands.
The bleeding hearts and artists
Make their stand.

And when they've given you their all
Some stagger and fall, after all it's not easy
Banging your heart against some mad buggers wall.

"Isn't this where...."