New Paladin set graphics
After viewing the new paladin set graphics I have to wonder if the designer is a fan of Azrael from DC Comics.

Case in point:

[Image: azrael.jpg]

:blink:

Well I guess one nice thing is that the shoulders don't look half bad compared to the Lightforge and Lawbringer sets.
The new paladin armor makes me wish that the devs had actually implemented the DK ramifications they had listed at release where if you had high enough DK's your own faction would become hostile to you as well. Oh how i'd love to be a Shadow Knight.
Heh. I take it from the title of the image that you're not a fan?
I'm absolutely in love with this new set

I will make it my duty to have it all.....

it will be mine....oh yes...it will be mine.....
Garrin

<span style="color:blue">Garrin - Lvl 60 Human Paladin - Stormrage <Lurkers>
Gasan - Lvl 14 Dwarf Priest - Stormrage <Lurkers>
Bladewhisper - Lvl 60 Rogue - Stormrage <Carpe Aurum>
<span style="color:red">Garrin - Lvl 25 Orc Warlock - Dethecus <Frost Wolves Legion>
Tigarius - Lvl 14 Tauren Warrior - Dethecus
Garrin - Lvl 13 Tauren Druid - Thunderhorn
Skandranon,Nov 14 2005, 04:45 PM Wrote:Heh.&nbsp; I take it from the title of the image that you're not a fan?
[right][snapback]94789[/snapback][/right]

Doesn't seem very paladin-ish. ;)
Is it just me, or is there some resemblance between the new Paladin outfit and the Black Templars from Warhammer 40k?

http://uk.games-workshop.com/download/popu...emplars2_lg.jpg]

Prophecy of Deimos
“The world doesn’t end with water, fire, or cold. I’ve divined the coming apocalypse. It ends with tentacles!”
I'm not a huge fan of the new set. Of course I'm not a fan of Blizzard appearent obsession with hoods and glowing eyes as can be seen on many sets, including the other art for the other class sets. :)

They don't need to make everything brooding. :)
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Assur,Nov 14 2005, 03:41 PM Wrote:Is it just me, or is there some resemblance between the new Paladin outfit and the Black Templars from&nbsp; Warhammer 40k?

http://uk.games-workshop.com/download/popu...emplars2_lg.jpg]
[right][snapback]94797[/snapback][/right]
More than a little. Those shoulders, for example, are stolen directly. They basically turned the Paladin armor into a gold&red templar outfit complete with purity seals.
Tal,Nov 14 2005, 01:32 PM Wrote:After viewing the new paladin set graphics I have to wonder if the designer is a fan of Azrael from DC Comics.

Case in point:

[Image: azrael.jpg]

:blink:

Well I guess one nice thing is that the shoulders don't look half bad compared to the Lightforge and Lawbringer sets.
[right][snapback]94777[/snapback][/right]

Actually, what it really reminds me of is the Brotherhood Inquisitors from Mutant Chronicles RPG/Doomtrooper CCG/Warzone TMG.
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
Gah, of course I had to pick a squishy to be my end-game character. Cloth gear is the uncoolest looking in my opinion because, well, it's cloth. :(
"Just as individuals are born, mature, breed and die, so do societies, civilizations and governments."
Muad'Dib - Children of Dune
Meh...

I'm sure everyone thinks their own class is getting the shaft, but all the new concept art for sets seems miles ahead in terms of intricate detail than the Stormrage set. And the shaman set? Damn.
See you in Town,
-Z
Zarathustra,Nov 16 2005, 02:20 PM Wrote:Meh...

I'm sure everyone thinks their own class is getting the shaft, but all the new concept art for sets seems miles ahead in terms of intricate detail than the Stormrage set.&nbsp; And the shaman set?&nbsp; Damn.
[right][snapback]95041[/snapback][/right]

We probably can all agree that Rogue and Shaman sets are best in terms of looks, but I think one look at Warrior (Wrath set) will make Stormrage set look not bad at all:

http://svc002.wic379dp.server-web.com/imag...ews/wowxp11.jpg

lemekim,Nov 16 2005, 10:29 AM Wrote:We probably can all agree that Rogue and Shaman sets are best in terms of looks, but I think one look at Warrior (Wrath set) will make Stormrage set look not bad at all:

http://svc002.wic379dp.server-web.com/imag...ews/wowxp11.jpg
[right][snapback]95049[/snapback][/right]

Change the helm and shoulders and I like wrath.
---
Gnollguy,Nov 16 2005, 08:04 AM Wrote:Change the helm and shoulders and I like wrath.
[right][snapback]95054[/snapback][/right]

Exactly.
"AND THEN THE PALADIN TOOK MY EYES!"
Forever oppressed by the GOLs.
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek
Heh, agreed. But at least you don't look like a shifty Bullwinkle.

I don't mind the moose antlers, but the hood just doesn't work for me. They should have made it a headband with antlers akin to the Cenarion set.

By the way, Blizz devs seem to agree that it looks ridiculous. Malfurion Stormrage is wearing the full Stormrage set... except the helm (which is Cenarion).
See you in Town,
-Z
the new Judgement look is just wow

[Image: ss16.jpg]
http://www.worldofwarcraft.co.kr/info/wo...erdev/1p9/
Seeing the actual rendering now... I like Wrath. In fact, I like them all. It's not that I necessarily dislike Stormrage, but that it seems all the other sets had so much more creativity put into them.
See you in Town,
-Z
Fin,Nov 18 2005, 12:15 PM Wrote:the new Judgement look is just wow
[right][snapback]95233[/snapback][/right]

I still hate the hood/mask look on judgement. Dark and mysterious paladins of doom! Oh joy. Take the hood and mask off and do a more crown like look and I'll be happier.

The glow on Netherwind is going to drive me nuts.

I still hate the axe head on wrath and it's going to look really bad on a gnome. The hunched over orc posture helps it some

I like Ten Storms and Nemisis though.
---
Zarathustra,Nov 18 2005, 11:13 AM Wrote:Seeing the actual rendering now... I like Wrath.&nbsp; In fact, I like them all.&nbsp; It's not that I necessarily dislike Stormrage, but that it seems all the other sets had so much more creativity put into them.
[right][snapback]95238[/snapback][/right]
I think the theme of these sets is 'IT GLOWS!' The next set will make you look totally naked except for strategetic glows ;)
[Image: gurnseyheader6lk.jpg]
Gnollguy,Nov 18 2005, 01:26 PM Wrote:The glow on Netherwind is going to drive me nuts.
[right][snapback]95241[/snapback][/right]

Fugly tastic wisp shoulders. Plus a lavender/purple/turquoise colour scheme.

I'll probably be wearing some of it anyway, but damn, Netherwind looks awful.