Economic  Left/Right 6.00

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian 1.13

:ph34r:
[right][snapback]94699[/snapback][/right]

Just a moment...

6 points to the right on economy...
Heidelberg...?

Professor Kirchhof, I presume? :P

With magic, you can turn a frog into a prince...
With science, you can turn a frog into a Ph.D. ...
and still keep the frog you started with.
Griselda,Nov 14 2005, 03:59 AM Wrote:Economic -7.50
Social -5.69

But you guys already knew that about me, didn't you? ;)
[right][snapback]94710[/snapback][/right]

Wow, I'm glad at least *someone* leans even more to the left here than I do :wub:

The proletariat will prevail! :P

Quote:Economic Left/Right: -0.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.64

Which means I am economically well-balanced, neither quite right nor quite left, and that I am rather strongly libertarian, and against the authoritarian state having to much power.

EDIT: Interesting though, all you folks seem to lean to the left. Let's see if that fact changes when more lurkers do this test, but it kind of contradicts the general attitude of your (if you're American) government. Interesting where George W. Bush stands, too. And I had thought Schroeder to be a little bit more left.

Greetings, Fragbait
Quote:You cannot pass... I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the Flame of Anor. The Dark Flame will not avail you, Flame of Udun. Go back to the shadow. You shall not pass.
- Gandalf, speaking to the Balrog

Quote:Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless, like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash! Be water, my friend...
- Bruce Lee

Quote: There's an old Internet adage which simply states that the first person to resort to personal attacks in an online argument is the loser. Don't be one.
- excerpt from the forum rules

Post content property of Fragbait (member of the lurkerlounge). Do not (hesitate to) quote without permission.
Your political compass
Economic Left/Right: -1.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 3.23

Somewhat close to the Pope.

I get the popemobile for passing this test, right?
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
Fragbait,Nov 14 2005, 07:46 AM Wrote:Which means I am economically well-balanced, neither quite right nor quite left, and that I am rather strongly libertarian, and against the authoritarian state having to much power.

EDIT: Interesting though, all you folks seem to lean to the left. Let's see if that fact changes when more lurkers do this test, but it kind of contradicts the general attitude of your (if you're American) government. Interesting where George W. Bush stands, too. And I had thought Schroeder to be a little bit more left.

Greetings, Fragbait
[right][snapback]94736[/snapback][/right]

But really, I am not left. This test is kind of, well, not right. I am against abortion, gay marriage, etc. I hold to some very conservative views. I said "NO" about teaching faith in schools, because that's not the place to do it.

As for my stance on gay marriage, allow me one pre-emptive strike before any shots are fired in my direction. I don't agree with the term "Marriage." But then I currently don't believe in the term marriage that most of the straight couples are using now either. I have no problems with "civil unions" between the gay folks. And more straight couples should have "civil unions" as well. This whole "McMarriage" crap going on now with being married one day and divorced the next only to be married again a week later pisses me off.

Marriage is a sacred covanant between two people. It should be till death do they part. No means of divorce. None at all. Leave marriage and all that implies to the people responsible enough, mature enough, and serious enough to have it mean something and have a lesser form of union for those doing it for #$%&s and giggles.
All alone, or in twos,
The ones who really love you
Walk up and down outside the wall.
Some hand in hand
And some gathered together in bands.
The bleeding hearts and artists
Make their stand.

And when they've given you their all
Some stagger and fall, after all it's not easy
Banging your heart against some mad buggers wall.

"Isn't this where...."
Armin,Nov 14 2005, 05:35 AM Wrote:Wow, I'm glad at least *someone* leans even more to the left here than I do  :wub:

The proletariat will prevail!  :P
[right][snapback]94735[/snapback][/right]

Right on, brother! :blush:
Doc,Nov 14 2005, 05:08 AM Wrote:But really, I am not left. This test is kind of, well, not right. I am against abortion, gay marriage, etc. I hold to some very conservative views. I said "NO" about teaching faith in schools, because that's not the place to do it.

As for my stance on gay marriage, allow me one pre-emptive strike before any shots are fired in my direction. I don't agree with the term "Marriage." But then I currently don't believe in the term marriage that most of the straight couples are using now either. I have no problems with "civil unions" between the gay folks. And more straight couples should have "civil unions" as well. This whole "McMarriage" crap going on now with being married one day and divorced the next only to be married again a week later pisses me off.

Marriage is a sacred covanant between two people. It should be till death do they part. No means of divorce. None at all. Leave marriage and all that implies to the people responsible enough, mature enough, and serious enough to have it mean something and have a lesser form of union for those doing it for #$%&s and giggles.
[right][snapback]94739[/snapback][/right]

Hey Doc,

The only point that I would make is that it sounds as though your views on moral education are not all that different from your average left-of-center liberal and that your beliefs re: marriage and abortion are not necessarily ideological 'deal breakers', but special issues that can be approached from many different angles.
But whate'er I be,
Nor I, nor any man that is,
With nothing shall be pleased till he be eased
With being nothing.
William Shakespeare - Richard II
Fragbait,Nov 14 2005, 04:46 AM Wrote:Which means I am economically well-balanced, neither quite right nor quite left, and that I am rather strongly libertarian, and against the authoritarian state having to much power.

Greetings, Fragbait
[right][snapback]94736[/snapback][/right]

I seriously doubt GW took this test. Where the test writter put him, and many other historical figures, on the chart is probably his "best guess" or wishfull thinking.

And no, Doc, it doesn't scare me at all. You look at the facts of an issue and make informed decisions. And when it's neccesary you put logic aside and do what you think is right. Besides, we've both been to Spokane, and that's got to count for something, right? ;)
The Bill of No Rights
The United States has become a place where entertainers and professional athletes are mistaken for people of importance. Robert A. Heinlein
A completely idiotic test filled with poorly phrased loaded questions.

To paraphrase DeeBye - "I want my 10 minutes back".

-A
Ashock,Nov 14 2005, 05:57 PM Wrote:A completely idiotic test filled with poorly phrased loaded questions.
[right][snapback]94748[/snapback][/right]

In other words: you came out with +10/+10? :P

jahcs,Nov 14 2005, 11:34 AM Wrote:I seriously doubt GW took this test.  Where the test writter put him, and many other historical figures, on the chart is probably his "best guess" or wishfull thinking.
[right][snapback]94745[/snapback][/right]

His placement of American politicians isn't even remotely close to where they would be if they actually took this test. That much is obvious. Even GW Bush believes in government regulation, and has used protectionist policies with regard to international trade. So he could easily be considered a leftist based on the calibration of this test. He is not a segregationist, so he would probably be a social moderate based on this test.
Armin,Nov 14 2005, 10:04 AM Wrote:In other words: you came out with +10/+10?  :P
[right][snapback]94749[/snapback][/right]

You know, a while back I said I won't reply to you anymore, but I changed my mind. Compared to some people here, you're a prince. I thought I'd mention that in case you'd tell me "I thought you were not going to reply to me anymore!" Of course, most likely you would not have said anything.... Anyway, I scored -3.00, 1.18. However, I'd say that at least 35% of the questions are completely loaded and really can not be answered accuratly by anyone who is *not* an extremist, either left or right.

Long live the teachings of Marx, Engels and Lenin.

At a competition for young sculptors commemorating the 100th anniversary of the birth of Lenin, the 4th prize went to a sculpture called "Lenin standing and looking far ahead". The 3rd prize went to a sculpture called "Lenin standing and reading the works of Brezhnev". The 2nd place prize went to a work called "Brezhnev standing and reading the works of Lenin".
The 1st prize in a competition commemorating the 100th anniversary of Vladimir Ilyich Lenin's birth went to a sculpture called "Brezhnev standing and looking far ahead".

~ early-mid 1970's.

-A

ps. This is a joke, btw. The 1st time I heard it, I remember overhearing my father telling it to my mother, and them getting deathly afraid that I will tell it to one of my friends. I was probably in 1st-2nd grade. Go, go communism.
Ashock,Nov 14 2005, 08:57 AM Wrote:A completely idiotic test filled with poorly phrased loaded questions.

To paraphrase DeeBye - "I want my 10 minutes back".
-A
[right][snapback]94748[/snapback][/right]

I would suggest a relaxing bath. Perhaps a walk in the park? I'm not going to do any more disclaiming. It's for fun. Deal with it.
But whate'er I be,
Nor I, nor any man that is,
With nothing shall be pleased till he be eased
With being nothing.
William Shakespeare - Richard II
"Compared to some people here, you're a prince."

:lol:

-Jester
[Image: political.jpg]

Strange, I always thought of myself as a right-ish kind of guy, but I guess I was thrown by the libertarian within :)

Still, I think I scored OK :P
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw
Ashock, that crossed the line - keep it civil or take it to PM.

-Bolty
Armin,Nov 14 2005, 12:27 PM Wrote:Just a moment...

6 points to the right on economy...
Heidelberg...?

Professor Kirchhof, I presume?  :P
[right][snapback]94734[/snapback][/right]

I did have him, but that was way back in the early 80s, when he was still a normal professor and I was of the opinion that law and I would hit it of some day :rolleyes:

But then, I've been accused by a professor, in front of the whole seminar, of suffering from "Moral Decadence" for argueing that an authoritarian governmement ist better a controling special interests.

You lose some, and then you lose some more. :(
Prophecy of Deimos
“The world doesn’t end with water, fire, or cold. I’ve divined the coming apocalypse. It ends with tentacles!”
Ghostiger,Nov 13 2005, 03:37 PM Wrote:It just shows how useless cliche groupings are.

I got -
Economic Left/Right: -0.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.05

Basically right in the center.

But that really means nothing. I have very specific and even extreme views on many issues, but through the rather arbitrary groups of pop culture they APPEAR to average out.
[right][snapback]94695[/snapback][/right]

Haha, usually the people I know that consider themselves to have extreme views always get placed in the middle. It always drives them nuts and never ceases to amuse me. ;)

Oh yea, let me take this thing. But this should be nice, it's a British test. I wonder how diffrent the biases will be. Do I strongly agree, disagree, strongly disagree? Uhh, where's the don't care button? All of the above? Society being too open about sex? That's true and false in their own ways.

Ok, after all that crap

Economic Left/Right: -1.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.13

Soo boring. I think last time I took it I was on the economic right and same place on social issues. No cool people are near me. :(
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
NiteFox,Nov 14 2005, 06:04 AM Wrote:Your political compass
Economic Left/Right: -1.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 3.23

Somewhat close to the Pope.

I get the popemobile for passing this test, right?
[right][snapback]94738[/snapback][/right]

Wait, how does the popemobile look like? Does it have any cool devices, you know.
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
Chaerophon,Nov 13 2005, 03:12 PM Wrote:I thought that some of the folks here would enjoy this little test.  Check it out if you get the chance at http://www.politicalcompass.org/  I fall somewhere between the Dalai Lama and Nelson Mandela on the scale :D.  I'm curious to know where people stand!
[right][snapback]94691[/snapback][/right]

I am secure enough in my position not to need validation by being advised that my selections make me similar to "some famous person." I mean, what was Ghandi's golf handicap, anyway? Did he get the shakes over 5 foot putts for 5 rupees with only 3 in his pocket? What kind of character did he really have? :D

One of those long personality profile tests on me came back "a lot like Douglas MacArthur" about 10 years ago. How nice, but I don't own a brewery, nor is my family patrician. It dawned on me that:

1. This sort of test was as much about "feel good" as it was anything of value.

2. Why don't they have a categorization for "overcaffeinated rogue" anyway? Who the heck writes this stuff? O.R. is a great profile to have, really, trust me on that! :lol: *twitches* What tic are you talking about Chaer? :blink:

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete