Canada in the Coastal Bend
There have been six national flags flown over Texas in its history: Spanish, French, Mexican, Texan, United States of America, and Confederate States of America.

Short Blurb Here for those interested: http://www.lsjunction.com/facts/6flags.htm

Last night, I got a smile out of a different sort of flag display, that I like to call

Three Flags Over Texas.

The home opener for our local Hockey Team, the Ice Rayz, took place last night wherein the home side pulled off a glorious 6-5 victory over the nefarious Austin Ice Bats. I had ice side seats right behind a goal, much pounding on the glass took place.

What got me smiling? During the National Anthem, I looked up at the flag and noted that the

American
Canadian
Texan (state)

flags were displayed. I figure that the Canadian flag was on display as a courtesy to many of the league's players being from Canada. This is nice, I think.

So long as the Ice Rayz play here, we'll have Three Flags Over Texas.

The best beer we can offer locally in South Texas is Shiner Bock, brewed a couple hours north of here. It is available on tap at the local arena, and is a step above Pearl and Lone Star (aka the National Beer of Texas.) Hockey without beer is like a car without wheels.

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Our local junior hockey team is part of a league that features one American team and a few American players - they return the favour at the local rink ;)
But whate'er I be,
Nor I, nor any man that is,
With nothing shall be pleased till he be eased
With being nothing.
William Shakespeare - Richard II