Attendance & Burnout
For what it's worth, I am pretty much hosed when it comes to the Monday and Thursday raids because I get off work only 30 minutes before the invites start going out. So I need to drive back, shower, eat, and hop in game so I might get one of the pally slots.

Besides that, I've mostly been annoyingly busy with real life. It's not that I don't want to raid, it's more that life prevents me from doing so :\
hiryuu1115,Sep 27 2005, 09:39 PM Wrote:For what it's worth, I am pretty much hosed when it comes to the Monday and Thursday raids because I get off work only 30 minutes before the invites start going out. So I need to drive back, shower, eat, and hop in game so I might get one of the pally slots.

Besides that, I've mostly been annoyingly busy with real life. It's not that I don't want to raid, it's more that life prevents me from doing so :\
[right][snapback]90343[/snapback][/right]

If someone signs up ahead of time, letting us know they'll be late, it's no problem if they show up late. Given that it takes some time to get organized and get to any boss, it's no biggie if a few people are missing for trash since they can't get there any earlier.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
hiryuu1115,Sep 27 2005, 08:39 PM Wrote:For what it's worth, I am pretty much hosed when it comes to the Monday and Thursday raids because I get off work only 30 minutes before the invites start going out. So I need to drive back, shower, eat, and hop in game so I might get one of the pally slots.

[right][snapback]90343[/snapback][/right]
That timing is still better than mine. I am scheduled to get off work 1.5 hours after the first pull is scheduled. If I book it home and do nothing but plop down on the computer when I hit the door, I'm ready to go a whopping 2 hours after the first pull was scheduled. It's really, really not fun to jump into a raid (if there's ever actually room) that late. It's tremendously difficult to schedule something as big as this and not have conflicts. Sucks much for those of us with conflicts, but oh well. Nothing to be done about it. You're never going to find a time that doesn't conflict for someone.
Intolerant monkey.
Oh, and as to the other alt thing...for me, it's pretty much what you see is what you get. I've actually played one of every class to about 20, and the only one that I can find any interest in outside of a duo is a hunter. Sorry, but you are stuck with this hunter for some time. ;)
~Not all who wander are lost...~
Mirajj,Sep 28 2005, 02:55 PM Wrote:Oh, and as to the other alt thing...for me, it's pretty much what you see is what you get. I've actually played one of every class to about 20, and the only one that I can find any interest in outside of a duo is a hunter. Sorry, but you are stuck with this hunter for some time. ;)
[right][snapback]90368[/snapback][/right]
You do fine pulling as a hunter. Stay that way.

I, on the other hand, should probably seriously consider getting a warlock up and running at some stage.
Kateley - Gnome Mage --- 60
Collector and connoisseur of fine keys, bags, trinkets and all things mooncloth
Covet! ... Covet! ... Covet! ... Covet!
Tuftears,Sep 26 2005, 01:22 PM Wrote:Kind of makes me wonder just how difficult power-levelling someone is in WoW if you put your mind to it.  What are the tricks you can do to funnel XP to someone specific?  Burn through quest XP with a 60 helping them, or grind mobs that are green to helper char, but yellow or orange or even red to the being-cheesed character?
[right][snapback]90209[/snapback][/right]

Not hard at all, IMO. Find a friend who's 60 and do not party with them. Lowbie tags the mobs and the 60 helps kill. Skip all instances except when necessary for loot (and then, get a couple 60's to run you through quickly).

I used a lot of those same strategies on my mage. Of course, I skipped instances because it's damn near impossible to find a non-cheese group. Disclaimer: I would rather actually play a character to 60, but was biulding the mage for PvP (which turned out to be a huge waste of time since PvP on SR consists of waiting in line).
[Image: 398611nxqZf.png]
[Image: 398692clWcy.png]

-=Terenas=-
Saryn - 70 priestess
Tacita - 70 mage

-=Stormrage=-
Bellona - 60 Human Warlock
Raylyn - 21 Human Pries
Aesa - 60 Human Mage
Kirra - 39 Human Warrior
Kalb - 32 Dwarven Priest

-=Tichondrius=-
Zheelu - 52 Troll Rogue
Hi everyone,
For those not familiar with me on the LL, I play one of the warlocks, Bellona.

Just an FYI, I am absolutely committed to these raids and right now these raids are the only reason I ever log on to stormrage. I do it because I enjoy playing with everyone and I like progression.

That being said, the Saturday raid time just doesn't work for me, which is why I'm almost never there. I would be there if I could be, but it's just not possible.

One thing I've noticed recently that I think is frustrating a lot of people; People are not listening. Personally, I think a successfull raid group is one that listens to the leadership. When I write "listens", I mean actually_paying_attention and doing what the raid leaders ask. If for no other reason, we should be doing it out of respect for the time the leaders have put in. It may mean there are "boring" times standing around doing nothing while strategy is discussed, but just do it. It feels so good and makes it so worth it when we take that boss down on the first try because we all worked together. Success breeds excitement.

q4m

[Image: 398611nxqZf.png]
[Image: 398692clWcy.png]

-=Terenas=-
Saryn - 70 priestess
Tacita - 70 mage

-=Stormrage=-
Bellona - 60 Human Warlock
Raylyn - 21 Human Pries
Aesa - 60 Human Mage
Kirra - 39 Human Warrior
Kalb - 32 Dwarven Priest

-=Tichondrius=-
Zheelu - 52 Troll Rogue
Darian,Sep 26 2005, 07:05 PM Wrote:Yes, yes, a thousand times.  Caerdwyn, Krossandra and Genkar are running everything together with the exception of Caerdwyn's warlock quest hoofing, and I'm finding that keeping three people stuck together permanently, with semi-regular guest appearances from others and a permanent fourth for instances as Taha levels alts up with us on the way through, to be much easier to keep organized than trying to keep five people stuck together.
[right][snapback]90247[/snapback][/right]

#$%&ing warlock quests. Geez. Take you around to the ass-end of forever away.

But, yeah, the priests and the warlock group is awesome. We're moving pretty fast through the levels, in my opinion, only having about a day to a day and a half of played time for every 10 levels at this point..

But, we're reasonably interested in Raiding once we get up there, and it's always funny watching 3 cloth wearers just tear through things.

DWARF SHADOW PRIEST TANKS FOR THE WIN!
castille,Sep 28 2005, 11:47 AM Wrote:DWARF SHADOW PRIEST TANKS FOR THE WIN!
[right][snapback]90399[/snapback][/right]

There can only be one Priest Tank.

Fight to the death between Castille and mjdoom.

::nods::
Pesmerga,Sep 28 2005, 10:49 AM Wrote:There can only be one Priest Tank.

[right][snapback]90401[/snapback][/right]

Once I get of reasonably close level ;)
Pesmerga,Sep 28 2005, 10:49 AM Wrote:There can only be one Priest Tank.

[right][snapback]90401[/snapback][/right]

Aleri isn't out of the running. With how some of my gear was we would do better with her tanking and me spamming slam than her holding back on the mind blast and such that would pull aggro if she let loose. Leveling as a protection warrior and a holy priest meant you did od things sometimes but they upped the kill speed. Of course she isn't shadow but I've seen her play priest tank. :)

I'm also not sure if Flyndar or Aleri is older. Aleri was create around Dec 1st. I know Flyndar leveled faster but both of them were dwarf priests before being dwarf priests was cool. :)
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Gnollguy,Sep 28 2005, 11:42 AM Wrote:Aleri isn't out of the running.  With how some of my gear was we would do better with her tanking and me spamming slam than her holding back on the mind blast and such that would pull aggro if she let loose.  Leveling as a protection warrior and a holy priest meant you did od things sometimes but they upped the kill speed.  Of course she isn't shadow but I've seen her play priest tank.  :)

I'm also not sure if Flyndar or Aleri is older.  Aleri was create around Dec 1st.  I know Flyndar leveled faster but both of them were dwarf priests before being dwarf priests was cool.  :)
[right][snapback]90407[/snapback][/right]

Flyn was created on the day the game went live :) His current spec is not the best for priesttank duties but I'm sure he could still handle it.
Stormrage:
Flyndar (60) - Dwarf Priest - Tailoring (300), Enchanting (300)
Minimagi (60) - Gnome Mage - Herbalism (300), Engineering (301)
Galreth (60) - Human Warrior - Blacksmithing (300), Alchemy (300); Critical Mass by name, Lurker in spirit
ArynWindborn (19) - Human Paladin - Mining/Engineering (121)
q4m,Sep 28 2005, 09:10 AM Wrote:One thing I've noticed recently that I think is frustrating a lot of people;  People are not listening.  Personally, I think a successfull raid group is one that listens to the leadership.  When I write "listens", I mean actually_paying_attention and doing what the raid leaders ask.  If for no other reason, we should be doing it out of respect for the time the leaders have put in.  It may mean there are "boring" times standing around doing nothing while strategy is discussed, but just do it.  It feels so good and makes it so worth it when we take that boss down on the first try because we all worked together.  Success breeds excitement.

q4m
[right][snapback]90382[/snapback][/right]

Amen brother. Nothing saps my will to raid more than spamming the No DPS! Macro and seeing everyone going all out on DPS. In fact I stopped attendance in one raid because I lost aggro and never regained it because folks weren't listening. When I face a 6+ gold fee in repairs because of deaths that could have been avoided I tend to get a little cranky.
Tal,Sep 28 2005, 03:39 PM Wrote:When I face a 6+ gold fee in repairs because of deaths that could have been avoided I tend to get a little cranky.
[right][snapback]90449[/snapback][/right]
The next patch will help with this by reducing the repair cost of plate armor to be more on the level of what cloth wearers pay! :)
-TheDragoon
TheDragoon,Sep 29 2005, 02:16 PM Wrote:The next patch will help with this by reducing the repair cost of plate armor to be more on the level of what cloth wearers pay!  :)
[right][snapback]90523[/snapback][/right]

It will help some but since it is still per durability point and plate has more durability and since most plate wearers lose durability just doing their job as well you can still expect the tanks to have higher repair bills. But still I was very happy to see the change.

Of course that still doesn't solve the issues with communication and listening that we still have at times.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
I'll be trying to emphasize raid discipline and attention more in the future in raids that I lead. I've already installed Storyteller so I can spam people with strategy notes prior to each encounter - that may help people be prepared for whatever's going to happen.

Remember that a lot of people are new to raiding... We have to teach raid discipline, we can't take it for granted.
Tuftears,Sep 29 2005, 03:47 PM Wrote:I'll be trying to emphasize raid discipline and attention more in the future in raids that I lead.  I've already installed Storyteller so I can spam people with strategy notes prior to each encounter - that may help people be prepared for whatever's going to happen.

Remember that a lot of people are new to raiding... We have to teach raid discipline, we can't take it for granted.
[right][snapback]90529[/snapback][/right]
When we were chatting on TS after a raid one night, we had said that the class leaders were going to have to point out mistakes more, to help people learn. Is this something that those leaders feel comfortable doing?
I'll just be glad to see fewer 8g repairs and more 4-6g repairs. :)
-TheDragoon
martini,Sep 29 2005, 03:17 PM Wrote:When we were chatting on TS after a raid one night, we had said that the class leaders were going to have to point out mistakes more, to help people learn. Is this something that those leaders feel comfortable doing?
[right][snapback]90536[/snapback][/right]

I have no problems helping the hunters see the right way. ;) As I see it, that's part and parcel of the job of being the class leader.
~Not all who wander are lost...~
Mirajj,Sep 29 2005, 05:00 PM Wrote:I have no problems helping the hunters see the right way. ;) As I see it, that's part and parcel of the job of being the class leader.
[right][snapback]90541[/snapback][/right]

I don't listen to you anyways! :P

Well... kinda. Like the first time I fought Baron Geddon. But other than that... :)