A Business Opportunity
Occhidiangela,Sep 13 2005, 10:25 AM Wrote:Is this a breakfast dish intended for days where you plan to peel wall paper from the kitchen walls?  :P

Occhi
[right][snapback]89002[/snapback][/right]

Actually, it's a traditional po' folk Mexican desert. It's also quite popular with folks here in the South. Well, some folks. No offense, but the white folk aint seemed to catch on how delicious it is.

It's sweet and creamy and damned good ice cold with whipped cream. Hell yeah.
All alone, or in twos,
The ones who really love you
Walk up and down outside the wall.
Some hand in hand
And some gathered together in bands.
The bleeding hearts and artists
Make their stand.

And when they've given you their all
Some stagger and fall, after all it's not easy
Banging your heart against some mad buggers wall.

"Isn't this where...."
Lady Vashj,Sep 13 2005, 09:55 AM Wrote:This thread is still not locked.  How interesting.

I recommend that we dedicate it to pie.
[right][snapback]88991[/snapback][/right]

My favorite is a warmed berry or apple pie with vanilla ice cream. A close second would be Lemon or Lime Merangue.

Pie

Cody Miller, when you come back you bring pie!
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Doc,Sep 13 2005, 09:30 AM Wrote:Actually, it's a traditional po' folk Mexican desert. It's also quite popular with folks here in the South. Well, some folks. No offense, but the white folk aint seemed to catch on how delicious it is.

It's sweet and creamy and damned good ice cold with whipped cream. Hell yeah.
[right][snapback]89006[/snapback][/right]

If it is yummy, it is yummy.

Will run it by the missus and see if she wants to give it a try. Every New Year's Day she maked Nine Bean Soup, a local custom, so why Not Pinto Bean Pie?

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Occhidiangela,Sep 13 2005, 10:54 AM Wrote:If it is yummy, it is yummy.

Will run it by the missus and see if she wants to give it a try.  Every New Year's Day she maked Nine Bean Soup, a local custom, so why Not Pinto Bean Pie?

Occhi
[right][snapback]89008[/snapback][/right]

It's cheap to make. Prolly less than a buck for all the stuff you need.

And about it being yummy... It is. But folks round here, a lot of them be a bit racist. And they hear pinto bean pie and they associate it with certain ethnic groups, and it poisons their taste buds. "Oh that's just gross!" they say. People turn their nose up at some foods for whatever reason.

I don't put rum in mine any more. I am still dry. It does taste a bit better with the rum.

Traditionally, it is served with cafe de leche. (spelling? ) I eat it all the time. Hmm, I probably make it at least twice a week.

Gotta warn you though. Something about the sugar, eggs, beans, (and rum) brews up the sort of fart that could end a marriage.
All alone, or in twos,
Some hand in hand
Make their stand.

"Isn't this where...."
Doc,Sep 13 2005, 10:05 AM Wrote:Gotta warn you though. Something about the sugar, eggs, beans, (and rum) brews up the sort of fart that could end a marriage.
[right][snapback]89010[/snapback][/right]

So does pregnancy, but I still love her, and I am still married. :D

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
If you have a screen porch, like I do, we call that after dinner entertainment. :)
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Try a nice quiche instead. After all, what is quiche but egg pie? You can make a nice Bisquick quiche ahead of time - put all your solid ingredients (cheese, bacon, onions, whatever) into the pan beforehand, leave it in the fridge until you're ready to start, then whip up the Bisquick and eggs part in five minutes or less, pour it over the cheese &c, and stick it in the oven.
Creator of "The Corrupted Wish Game": Rules revised 06/15/05
"It was a quiet day...the kind of quiet that happens just before the entire Sioux nation comes up over the ridge."
[Image: cobalt-60.jpg] Click here for a free iPod!
Lady Vashj,Sep 13 2005, 01:36 PM Wrote:Try a nice quiche instead.  After all, what is quiche but egg pie?  You can make a nice Bisquick quiche ahead of time - put all your solid ingredients (cheese, bacon, onions, whatever) into the pan beforehand, leave it in the fridge until you're ready to start, then whip up the Bisquick and eggs part in five minutes or less, pour it over the cheese &c, and stick it in the oven.
[right][snapback]89055[/snapback][/right]

REAL MEN DON'T EAT QUICHE!
All alone, or in twos,
Some hand in hand
Make their stand.

"Isn't this where...."
Doc,Sep 13 2005, 06:38 PM Wrote:REAL MEN DON'T EAT QUICHE!
[right][snapback]89057[/snapback][/right]
Quote:"I'm not a real man, I'm a quiche-eater.  Sorry."
Name that game, quote-fans, and maybe I'll rustle up some variety of prize.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
Doc,Sep 13 2005, 12:38 PM Wrote:REAL MEN DON'T EAT QUICHE!
[right][snapback]89057[/snapback][/right]

A little worried about manhood are we?

Don't like the cheese in quiche, I think I'll have a taco.
I may be dead, but I'm not old (source: see lavcat)

The gloves come off, I'm playing hardball. It's fourth and 15 and you're looking at a full-court press. (Frank Drebin in The Naked Gun)

Some people in forums do the next best thing to listening to themselves talk, writing and reading what they write (source, my brother)