A Business Opportunity
Hello, Cody.

Please take your scams to another venue.

Now, despite the fact that this thread has now become quite useful, in its discussion of the merits of pie, it will have to be locked.

Also, sorry for the delay in lockage. Mods aren't around 100% of the time. However, thanks for all the reports - always use those "Report this post to a Moderator" links when you find these, because they're the quickest way for us to see when something's up. Appreciate it.

-Bolty
Eat #$%& and die?
DarkATi,Sep 12 2005, 07:10 Wrote:Most people post a picture of the great pyramid, shout "SCAMMER!" and ban me - so I'm not expecting much. But for those who are a little more open-minded, hear me out:[right][snapback]88916[/snapback][/right]

I'm thinking you may get the same response here.

DarkATi,Sep 12 2005, 07:10 Wrote:I hope I'm not breaking a forum rule by posting this and if I am, I apologize in advance.
[right][snapback]88916[/snapback][/right]

So you freely admit to not bothering to learn the rules of the forums before posting. Sound business tactics there yo.
Another one down for the count?
Another entry for the hall of shame.
The Bill of No Rights
The United States has become a place where entertainers and professional athletes are mistaken for people of importance. Robert A. Heinlein
Extended warranty? How can I lose!
You HOPE you're not breaking any forum rules? Why didn't you read said rules beforehand and find out?

"Sonny, I can see we won't have you around long enough to get tired of your company."
Creator of "The Corrupted Wish Game": Rules revised 06/15/05
"It was a quiet day...the kind of quiet that happens just before the entire Sioux nation comes up over the ridge."
[Image: cobalt-60.jpg] Click here for a free iPod!
Edit: Originally I posted a tongue-in-cheek goodbye post, but then out of interest I clicked on the website.

Turns out our friend here is part of those low life scum "health discount plans" that I read about in the papers. You know, the ones who bully the elderly via the phone, the ones that mislead the unknowing by promising lower prescription drugs, only in turn to come back and say "sorry, the drugs you want haven't made a seperate contract with our plan" while they take you for monthly fees.

I don't think its possible to more vehemently wish this troll to be gone, and gone as fast as possible from the lurkerlounge.

Cheers,

Munk
I can spot three lies right off the bat:

1) His name.

2) His age.

3) His dad's income.

BTW, who in the heck writes an email address as "vintage78 at gmail dot com"!?

I know we shouldn't feed the trolls...but they're so cute and cuddly. :wub:
Signature? What do you mean?
For somebody that writes it all polite and seems like he wants to make friends he hasn't been back on to check his topic in a while...
The Bill of No Rights
The United States has become a place where entertainers and professional athletes are mistaken for people of importance. Robert A. Heinlein
Any1,Sep 12 2005, 09:45 PM Wrote:BTW, who in the heck writes an email address as "vintage78 at gmail dot com"!?

I know we shouldn't feed the trolls...but they're so cute and cuddly.  :wub:
[right][snapback]88945[/snapback][/right]

People write addresses like that so it's harder for spambots to acquire their email. In general it's a bad idea to post your full email address on forums, because that's how spammers get addresses and bother you with viruses, penis enhancement ads or whatever the heck they're coming up as of late.

With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
Archon_Wing,Sep 13 2005, 08:48 AM Wrote:People write addresses like that so it's harder for spambots to acquire their email. In general it's a bad idea to post your full email address on forums, because that's how spammers get addresses and bother you with viruses, penis enhancement ads or whatever the heck they're coming up as of late.
[right][snapback]88952[/snapback][/right]

So you're saying that typing vintage78@gmail.com is a bad idea?

Deary me, I should be careful then!
Walkiry,Sep 13 2005, 05:38 AM Wrote:So you're saying that typing vintage78@gmail.com is a bad idea?

Deary me, I should be careful then!
[right][snapback]88953[/snapback][/right]

[Farley voice] That... was... Aaaawwesome! [/Faley Voice]

But seriously, I've been looking for a new career. Maybe I should ignore my better judgement and give this guy's company a chance. Oh. Wait. Dealing with the elderly??? Maybe not. I get enough of that from my family.

Honestly, I sympathize with people who have a legitimate interest in recruiting employees, it's hard to find good help these days. However, forums at internet sites devoted to specific games are not the place. Although, the next time my company is looking to hire a senior SAS programmer, or a senior research scientist, maybe I'll have the HR folks post on the Lounge, or maybe SA. Oh, I know: Battle.net here we come!

edit: cleaned up some words and got rid of a runon.
ah bah-bah-bah-bah-bah-bah-bob
dyah ah dah-dah-dah-dah-dah-dah-dah-dth
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Hi Cody

For future reference, and in the interest of helping a youngster out:

As you fill in the personal sections of resumes in your quest for employment

"d!ck-with-ears"

is hyphenated. Spelling and correctness count when trying to make a good first impression with a prospective employer.

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
This thread is still not locked. How interesting.

I recommend that we dedicate it to pie.
Creator of "The Corrupted Wish Game": Rules revised 06/15/05
"It was a quiet day...the kind of quiet that happens just before the entire Sioux nation comes up over the ridge."
[Image: cobalt-60.jpg] Click here for a free iPod!
Lady Vashj,Sep 13 2005, 09:55 AM Wrote:This thread is still not locked.  How interesting.

I recommend that we dedicate it to pie.
[right][snapback]88991[/snapback][/right]

Pinto bean pie is delicious.
All alone, or in twos,
The ones who really love you
Walk up and down outside the wall.
Some hand in hand
And some gathered together in bands.
The bleeding hearts and artists
Make their stand.

And when they've given you their all
Some stagger and fall, after all it's not easy
Banging your heart against some mad buggers wall.

"Isn't this where...."
Doc,Sep 13 2005, 11:16 AM Wrote:Pinto bean pie is delicious.
[right][snapback]88996[/snapback][/right]

Sounds interesting Doc, do you have a favorite recipie? What exactly goes into a Pinto bean pie?
ah bah-bah-bah-bah-bah-bah-bob
dyah ah dah-dah-dah-dah-dah-dah-dah-dth
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Jeunemaitre,Sep 13 2005, 10:18 AM Wrote:Sounds interesting Doc, do you have a favorite recipie?  What exactly goes into a Pinto bean pie?
[right][snapback]88997[/snapback][/right]

1 cup of cooked pinto beans
2 eggs
2 cups sugar
1 cup real butter
1 tablespoon real vanilla
Some rum. Optional.

Cook beans till soft no seasoning.

In a bowl mash the beans very well. In another bowl beat eggs and sugar.

Add melted butter and vanilla. (and rum) Add mashed beans to mixture.

Pour into a 9 inch unbaked pie shell.

Bake 45-50 minutes at 350 degrees.

I take no responsibilities for any wrecked marriages.

Edit

DOH! I am a forgetful bastard. A pinch of sea salt! You need a pinch of sea salt!
All alone, or in twos,
The ones who really love you
Walk up and down outside the wall.
Some hand in hand
And some gathered together in bands.
The bleeding hearts and artists
Make their stand.

And when they've given you their all
Some stagger and fall, after all it's not easy
Banging your heart against some mad buggers wall.

"Isn't this where...."
Doc,Sep 13 2005, 09:22 AM Wrote:1 cup of cooked pinto beans
2 eggs
2 cups sugar
1 cup real butter
1 tablespoon real vanilla
Some rum. Optional.

Cook beans till soft no seasoning.

In a bowl mash the beans very well. In another bowl beat eggs and sugar.

Add melted butter and vanilla. (and rum) Add mashed beans to mixture.

Pour into a 9 inch unbaked pie shell.

Bake 45-50 minutes at 350 degrees.

I take no responsibilities for any wrecked marriages.
[right][snapback]88999[/snapback][/right]

Is this a breakfast dish intended for days where you plan to peel wall paper from the kitchen walls? :P

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Archon_Wing,Sep 13 2005, 02:48 AM Wrote:People write addresses like that so it's harder for spambots to acquire their email. In general it's a bad idea to post your full email address on forums, because that's how spammers get addresses and bother you with viruses, penis enhancement ads or whatever the heck they're coming up as of late.
[right][snapback]88952[/snapback][/right]
Yes it would be very unfortunate and ironic, for a SPAM bot to find his e-mail address ( vintage78@gmail.com ) here in the Lurker Lounge, and inundate him with useless messages.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]