Baron Geddon
WildFire,Aug 28 2005, 08:21 PM Wrote:Highlight of the run - being blown up by a guildmate, a split second after wondering if he was going to run away from you, or whether you should run away from him. ;)

*chases Kateley around* I'm da bomb! I'm da bomb! :w00t:
Quark,Aug 28 2005, 12:26 AM Wrote:Running away from AoE pulses into The Bomb - 45s.
[right][snapback]87412[/snapback][/right]

Sorry that was priceless for me. :D

"Dammit Tal!"
"What?! I did exactly what I was told to do!"

:w00t:
Tal,Aug 29 2005, 02:09 PM Wrote:Sorry that was priceless for me. :D

"Dammit Tal!"

[right][snapback]87527[/snapback][/right]

"Shoot him Kan, he's coming right for us!"

The first attempt, after Tuft, I was 2nd to be the bomb. It took 5 seconds for me to get over the shock, then I turned and ran straight for the wall safe zone through a mass of people where I promptly exploded. In the 2nd attempt I was bombed by no less than 3 people and ran away from another 2. It was a hellafun fight. :-)
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Congrats guys. Baron is one of the funnest bosses in the game, IMHO.

I think most of our rogues know their place enough :P not to do any extra procs. Don't know for sure, but I don't usually see any unusual debuffs there. I think all the trash debuffs we can afford are used by "deep wound" or whatever that warrior one is.

Edit after reading thottbot news:

Blue post

The interesting part here is the fact that a debuff priority system is planned for 1.8. This should fix the issue.
Tuftears,Aug 28 2005, 03:08 AM Wrote:It was a great run - we are really learning our way around MC!  And that's a special kind of thrill I couldn't get by just going to an experienced guild's raids, the thrill of discovery and achievement.

Great work, everyone!

I freely admit my share of culpability in our first Baron Geddon wipe - whoops!  That Bomb indicator goes by fast if you're not looking for it.  It was funny that I got picked to be the Bomb first the second time, but that time, I was on the ball.  B)
[right][snapback]87418[/snapback][/right]

I was next to you the first time you were the bomb and was wondering why you just stood there, OUCH!

I like when I checked my DPS meter after dieing from being the bomb. It listed my DPS as 1992.3 which if you know paladins only happens in their dreams :)
Bevock - 85 Paladin - Stormrage
525 Mining 525 Blacksmith
Tuftears,Aug 29 2005, 01:45 PM Wrote:I'm da bomb!  I'm da bomb!  :w00t:
[right][snapback]87522[/snapback][/right]
I went through both fights thinking, "when do I get to be 'da bomb'?" :lol: It would have been anticlimactic though, since I was told that mages can just Ice Block out of it. :(
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
Tal,Aug 29 2005, 02:09 PM Wrote:Sorry that was priceless for me. :D

"Dammit Tal!"

This post (and the quote in it) remind me a lot of my last time facing Geddon with Galreth. There I am minding my own business whacking on Geddon when I hear over Vent that I'm the bomb. Now, usually we have someone running an announce mod that says in raid chat if you are the bomb but I didn't get the warning because I was too far away from the announcer. This meant that I was moving too late and blew up not far from Geddon...

Being a warrior with almost full health the bomb didn't kill me though and I went flying through the air. Came down with a big crash and took my fall damage and lo and behold I was still alive! But alas, I landed directly next to Geddon who had now decided to go into ground pulse mode. When I landed he was on roughly pulse 7 and even though I resisted almost 2000 damage from the pulse I died...

I survived the bomb, I survived the fall, and yet I still died to the stupid ground pulse... one day I'll survive that battle :-/

- mjdoom
Stormrage:
Flyndar (60) - Dwarf Priest - Tailoring (300), Enchanting (300)
Minimagi (60) - Gnome Mage - Herbalism (300), Engineering (301)
Galreth (60) - Human Warrior - Blacksmithing (300), Alchemy (300); Critical Mass by name, Lurker in spirit
ArynWindborn (19) - Human Paladin - Mining/Engineering (121)
LochnarITB,Aug 30 2005, 01:14 AM Wrote:I went through both fights thinking, "when do I get to be 'da bomb'?"  :lol:  It would have been anticlimactic though, since I was told that mages can just Ice Block out of it. :(
[right][snapback]87557[/snapback][/right]

Paladins can activate their bubble and simply go on fighting, or cleansing/healing.

Thinking about this a bubbled paladin who's the bomb should rather implode than explode...
Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm!
LochnarITB,Aug 29 2005, 06:14 PM Wrote:I went through both fights thinking, "when do I get to be 'da bomb'?"  :lol:  It would have been anticlimactic though, since I was told that mages can just Ice Block out of it. :(
[right][snapback]87557[/snapback][/right]
Can druids shed it by shifting forms?
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

kandrathe,Aug 30 2005, 11:13 AM Wrote:Can druids shed it by shifting forms?
[right][snapback]87620[/snapback][/right]

Highly doubt it, shifting really only breaks slow/poly effects.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Nope, going bearform doesn't clear it but it does give druids extra hitpoints, all the better to survive being blown up.
Tal,Aug 29 2005, 12:09 PM Wrote:Sorry that was priceless for me. :D

"Dammit Tal!"

I think me scaring Vil was better...

I got being the bomb and hadn't moved from my initial spot until I was the bomb. Vil on the other hand had backed up a bit...so I ran right for the wall...right past Vil...I did blow up away from everyone, but Vil almost had a heart attack... :whistling: :P
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
Tuftears,Aug 30 2005, 11:32 AM Wrote:Nope, going bearform doesn't clear it but it does give druids extra hitpoints, all the better to survive being blown up.
[right][snapback]87629[/snapback][/right]

The best anti-bomb move I ever saw a druid pull was running away, bearforming, getting bombed, then unshifting and Nature's-Swiftness-Healing-Touch-ing to heal himself in midair before landing.
Gnollguy,Aug 27 2005, 11:44 PM Wrote:Baron Geddon I think is the most fun I've had in a high end raid.  :)

I was trying to be Telsak there too.  I actually got my top crit of the night on him a 3200 execute then I was the bomb and thought for 1 second about staying and trying another one but ran away and blew up.  2 seconds later Geddon dies.  :)

But it was a blast!  So much more fun then Luci, Mag, Ghennas, or Garr.
[right][snapback]87413[/snapback][/right]

Yeah one of the better fights, i think that even though its a bit challenging its more fun that the others, i look foreward to kicking his ass again and trying shaz.
I believe druids can also switch to cat form, which mitigates the fall damage from the bomb.

chris
Icebird,Aug 30 2005, 05:23 PM Wrote:I believe druids can also switch to cat form, which mitigates the fall damage from the bomb.

chris
[right][snapback]87693[/snapback][/right]

Yep if they paid the pitance of silver to get the feline grace skill cats take as much fall damage as rogues do which is very little.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Arnulf,Aug 30 2005, 07:43 AM Wrote:Thinking about this a bubbled paladin who's the bomb should rather implode than explode...
[right][snapback]87600[/snapback][/right]
I love the scene this brings to mind.

Pally gets the bomb. Pally bubbles. Bomb goes off. Bubble flashes and expands with a loud *WHOOM*. Bubble dissipates. A statue of pally ash crumples to the ground. :lol:

Come on Bliz, you guys can give us that! I have faith.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."