Quick Slow Question
Wow, been a while since I posted. *looks at post count* Well, I mostly lurked...

Anyways, quick question: What is the cap for Slowing montsters? I know its %50 percent in PvP but I don't know about monsters.

Also I apologize if this is in the wrong place. I wasn't quite sure but this section seemed appropriate.
Bloodstar6078 @ USWest
ブラッドスター
Bloodstar6078,Aug 6 2005, 12:47 AM Wrote:Wow, been a while since I posted. *looks at post count* Well, I mostly lurked...

Anyways, quick question: What is the cap for Slowing montsters? I know its %50 percent in PvP but I don't know about monsters.

Also I apologize if this is in the wrong place. I wasn't quite sure but this section seemed appropriate.
[right][snapback]85359[/snapback][/right]

This affix has always been buggy, especially when combined with cold
damage and/or Holy Freeze and Decrepify. My Act II merc typically
runs around with an ethereal Amn-socketed Kelpie Snare (75% slow)
and Blackthorne's Face (20% slow) and he turns Hell Baal into
a slow-motion puppet show.

I don't know if Blizzard intended for this affix to be capped, but if
they did, it doesn't seem to work correctly.
Bloodstar6078,Aug 5 2005, 11:47 PM Wrote:Wow, been a while since I posted. *looks at post count* Well, I mostly lurked...

[right][snapback]85359[/snapback][/right]

I don't think there really is a cap on slowing, but according to tommi (in 1.09, but movement doesn't seem to have changed) there is a min speed of 1 yd/sec. Also, monsters may have larger base movement rates and chill effect reductions that make calculating their final speeds more difficult.

Slowing has always been bugged and tommi mentions the bugging that existed in 1.09: client side showed any % slow as -100%, but the server calculated it correctly. That leads to lots of desync, and teleporting monsters. In 1.11 it certainly still causes desync, but I'm not sure if it's as bad.

Slowing is great vs bosses, and I'd have to assume that it's a bug that Baal ceases to use his special attacks when slowed over 50%.

Edit: Link made more precise.