Dedicated Lurker Lounge TeamSpeak Server
Alram,Jul 21 2005, 04:39 PM Wrote:@ Concillian and Bonemage,
I would appreciate it if one of you would set up 2 clearly labelled Terenas channels. One  for general chat, quests, etc. and one for instances.
[right][snapback]84030[/snapback][/right]
Channels are a constantly changing thing for the most part. It may be possible to setup "always on" channels from the server side, but I'm not sure. Usually the way it works is to setup a channel when you're connected, because once a channel loses every client, the channel is gone. What would work, however, is for everyone to setup a default channel setting in their connection options, and be sure that it was the same channel for everyone, perhaps one that is part of the GMotD.
------------Terenas------------
Dagorthan – Level 85 Blood Knight
Turothan – Level 83 Blood Knight
Sarothan – Level 62 Blood Knight
Durambar – Level 82 Warrior
Strifemourne – Level 80 Death Knight
bonemage,Jul 22 2005, 09:46 AM Wrote:It may be possible to setup "always on" channels from the server side, but I'm not sure.  Usually the way it works is to setup a channel when you're connected, because once a channel loses every client, the channel is gone.
[right][snapback]84057[/snapback][/right]

All you have to do is create a "registered" channel and it will persist indefinitely (even if the server is brought offline and restarted).

- mjdoom
Stormrage:
Flyndar (60) - Dwarf Priest - Tailoring (300), Enchanting (300)
Minimagi (60) - Gnome Mage - Herbalism (300), Engineering (301)
Galreth (60) - Human Warrior - Blacksmithing (300), Alchemy (300); Critical Mass by name, Lurker in spirit
ArynWindborn (19) - Human Paladin - Mining/Engineering (121)
mjdoom,Jul 22 2005, 07:54 AM Wrote:All you have to do is create a "registered" channel and it will persist indefinitely (even if the server is brought offline and restarted).

- mjdoom
[right][snapback]84058[/snapback][/right]
I guess I haven't looked at it that closely then. I will once I get login information to the TS server, which hopefully will be tonight.
bonemage,Jul 22 2005, 10:54 AM Wrote:I guess I haven't looked at it that closely then.  I will once I get login information to the TS server, which hopefully will be tonight.
[right][snapback]84062[/snapback][/right]
There is currently no password. I keep flip-flopping on its necessity.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Hey, for those who are familiar with linux servers for Teamspeak - now that I've installed and set up the server software, if the computer reboots, will it start up automatically? If not, how do I set it to?

Thanks,

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Bolty,Jul 25 2005, 04:37 PM Wrote:Hey, for those who are familiar with linux servers for Teamspeak - now that I've installed and set up the server software, if the computer reboots, will it start up automatically?  If not, how do I set it to?
[right][snapback]84282[/snapback][/right]

Since our TS server is co-loc, I'm just making an assumption here, but you'd probably need to include it in an init script. Unless you tell it to, it shouldn't auto-start.
Darian Redwin - just some dude now
Darian,Jul 25 2005, 03:24 PM Wrote:Since our TS server is co-loc, I'm just making an assumption here, but you'd probably need to include it in an init script.  Unless you tell it to, it shouldn't auto-start.
[right][snapback]84292[/snapback][/right]
You will need an init script, but teamspeak does not need and should NOT be run as root. It doesn't need the access and the dev team of teamspeak specifically warns against running it as root.