The Miracle of Life
Excellent post. (nt)
**Edited** Never mind... not worth it.
But whate'er I be,
Nor I, nor any man that is,
With nothing shall be pleased till he be eased
With being nothing.
William Shakespeare - Richard II
Ghostiger,Jun 26 2005, 11:11 PM Wrote:Something to note is just why is AIDs so prevalent in the homosexual community? I think its largely because casual sex is so common.
[right][snapback]81731[/snapback][/right]

And you've set up a backdoor way into a gay marriage thread. Some people have argued for gay marriage for this reason, if peopel got married it would cut down on the amount of partners they had and the amount of sex they had, whic hwould have a number of effects. Some gay people argued against gay marriage because it would force gay people into the usual culture and make them less different in a way.

I only know one person who I'm sure is either gay or bisexual in life, but I have been reading a lot about gay marriage, and most of the arguments from gay peopel seem to fall against that sargument I just described above. Seems more of those people don't care as much about the wild sex as the fact that they want ot spend more time with people they are attracted too.

TRhere's also biology.anatomy reasons for more common AIDS spread in gay people, so you can't make that sentence as extreme as it seems you want to.
I may be dead, but I'm not old (source: see lavcat)

The gloves come off, I'm playing hardball. It's fourth and 15 and you're looking at a full-court press. (Frank Drebin in The Naked Gun)

Some people in forums do the next best thing to listening to themselves talk, writing and reading what they write (source, my brother)
Minionman,Jun 27 2005, 12:12 PM Wrote:And you've set up a backdoor way into a gay marriage thread.  Some people have argued for gay marriage for this reason, if peopel got married it would cut down on the amount of partners they had and the amount of sex they had, whic hwould have a number of effects.  Some gay people argued against gay marriage because it would force gay people into the usual culture and make them less different in a way.

I only know one person who I'm sure is either gay or bisexual in life, but I have been reading a lot about gay marriage, and most of the arguments from gay peopel seem to fall against that sargument I just described above.  Seems more of those people don't care as much about the wild sex as the fact that they want ot spend more time with people they are attracted too.
TRhere's also biology.anatomy reasons for more common AIDS spread in gay people, so you can't make that sentence as extreme as it seems you want to.
[right][snapback]81780[/snapback][/right]

Damnit man, don't say "backdoor" in a thread like this... Occhi or I would be all over that.

All alone, or in twos,
The ones who really love you
Walk up and down outside the wall.
Some hand in hand
And some gathered together in bands.
The bleeding hearts and artists
Make their stand.

And when they've given you their all
Some stagger and fall, after all it's not easy
Banging your heart against some mad buggers wall.

"Isn't this where...."
I said "largely". I really didnt want to get into the particularly unsanitary nature of buttsex. But monogomous sodemy is not why aids is a problem in the homosexual community. And please dont tell me that the option to marry will effect promiscuity, not even gay-rights advocates are silly enough to use that arguement.

Animals are build for coitus and not anal intercourse, but I digress, thats a whole seperate issue.
Ghostiger,Jun 27 2005, 01:07 PM Wrote:I said "largely". I really didnt want to get into the particularly unsanitary nature of buttsex. But monogomous sodemy is not why aids is a problem in the homosexual community. And please dont tell me that the option to marry will effect promiscuity, not even gay-rights advocates are silly enough to use that arguement.
[right][snapback]81795[/snapback][/right]

Well, when people get married there is more pressure to stay with one person, stay with them longer, etc. Just the way the culture has evolved. And I have heard not so muc hgay rights people use this argument, as some "morality" people who don't like a lot of wierd sex.

About your second sentence: perfect example of "usually something has more than one cause". So your argument is weakened because there's another contributor to the problem that replaces some of what you tried to explain.
I may be dead, but I'm not old (source: see lavcat)

The gloves come off, I'm playing hardball. It's fourth and 15 and you're looking at a full-court press. (Frank Drebin in The Naked Gun)

Some people in forums do the next best thing to listening to themselves talk, writing and reading what they write (source, my brother)
Not really. The problem is more analogous to a chain, than say a net.

If butt sex wasnt so unsanitary aids wouldnt be a large problem for gays. Also if gays were more monogomous aids wouldnt be a big problem,
Ghostiger,Jun 27 2005, 11:20 PM Wrote:Not really.  The problem is more analogous to a chain, than say a net. 

If butt sex wasnt so unsanitary aids wouldnt be a large problem for gays. Also if gays were more monogomous aids wouldnt be a big problem,
[right][snapback]81811[/snapback][/right]

How come all the heteros are so interested in anal intercourse? (I'm glaring at GT on this one but Occhi and Doc also come to mind.)

Can we get off this topic? Why did we need to get onto this topic in this thread in the first place? How come every time GT opens his mouth I get offended?

(Dude, while you're fixing your apostrophe key, you might want to consult Mavis Beacon and and Stephen King about your typing and writing skills. I'm sure you had something good in mind while writing this--at least I'm hoping you did--but you lay the words on the page in such a way that I want nothing more than to choke the life out of you, or at least cut off your hands at the wrists so you can't make any more inane declarations.)

I'm tired of the homophobia masquerading as truth (by Ghostiger), by folly (by Occhi), or by shock value (Doc). Think before you type, guys.
UPDATE: Spamblaster.
Ghostiger,Jun 27 2005, 04:20 PM Wrote:Not really.  The problem is more analogous to a chain, than say a net. 

[right][snapback]81811[/snapback][/right]

You're over the line. This entire thread has been teetering on the edge, of course, but I think it's finally tipped over.

The rate of HIV infection is alarmingly high in all kinds of groups- people of color, people living in poverty, etc. There are a lot of factors that contribute to this, but we're not going to get anywhere by using that as a reason to make generalizations about *any* group of people.

You're entitled to your opinion, of course, but you're not welcome to share those opinions at the Lounge.

For everyone else, can we please stay away from the graphic anal sex discussions (once again, considering the topic of this thread, we were probably doomed from the start, but that doesn't mean we need to let this disintegrate any further). Thanks.
Why can't we all just get along

--Pete
Hey hey hey.

I see my name mentioned here... Miss Ducky... I have been remarkably well behaved in this particular thread.

I have bit my lip several times from saying some truly awful.

The backdoor bit almost had me though.
All alone, or in twos,
The ones who really love you
Walk up and down outside the wall.
Some hand in hand
And some gathered together in bands.
The bleeding hearts and artists
Make their stand.

And when they've given you their all
Some stagger and fall, after all it's not easy
Banging your heart against some mad buggers wall.

"Isn't this where...."