I think it's time for a Simpsons thread
DeeBye,Jun 18 2005, 10:01 PM Wrote:Guy Incognito was WAY better than Joey Joe Joe.
[right][snapback]81024[/snapback][/right]
"Homer? Who is Homer? My name is 'Guy Incognito'!"
-TheDragoon
There have been so many great episodes (and I've seen too many) to be able to pick the best one. I recall different moments at different times, but these are the ones I'm remembering right now:

-Treehouse Of Horror XI
I loved when Homer pulled off Repunzel's hair said, "Uh.. oops." and threw the hair in the bushes. I also liked the part where the kids went to the gingerbread house (there were TONS of good jokes there!): *Homer sniffs* "Mmm, fish.. oh wait that's me!" -- *Homer lays an egg at the end of the episode* -- "Stop your chattering and sweep! This house is filthy!" "What'd you care? It's not like you have any friends." "I have a boyfriend!" "Pssht, yea, sure." "What? I do!" "Oh yea? What's his name?" "George.. *looks at the cauldron* Cauldron." "'George Cauldron'? Maybe he can fix me up with Ed Ladel!" -- (later in the episode when Suzzanne is in the fire) "Hi, I'm George, is Suzzanne ready?" "*Turns up the oven fire* She'll be done in about an hour" *Laughing* Ed: "But.. the concert's at eight..."

-Any episode with the aliens
I just love those aliens. In particular, I liked the ones where they pretended to be Bill Clinton and Bob Dole for the election and the one where they ended up on Jerry Springer.
Some election episode quotes:
Clin-ton: We must go forward, not backward, upward, not forward, and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom.
-------------------
Homer, to aliens: "Please, don't eat me. I have a wife and kids. Eat them!"
-------------------
Clinton Aide (closely resembling George Stephanopoulos): People are becoming a bit confused by the way you and your opponent are... well... constantly holding hands.
Alien Dole: We are merely exchanging long protein strings. If you can think of a simpler way, I'd like to hear it.
-------------------
Kang: It's a two-party system, you have to vote for one of us!
Random Person: Well I believe I'll vote for a 3rd party candidate!
Kang: Go ahead! Throw your vote away! *laughs*
(later in the episode, the world is run by alien slavers)
Homer: Well don't blame me, I voted for Kodos!

Some Jerry Springer Quotes:
"Oh you look lovely this evening. Have you decreased in mass?" -Kang
-------------------
"Wow, look at the time. I would love to stay, but I have an early meeting tomorrow. You're a super girl though. I'll call you sometime." -Kang
-------------------
"Oh, great. Mormons." -Homer
-------------------
JERRY: Because we've got him [Kang] backstage in a soundproof booth where he can't hear us.
KANG: I hear all!
-------------------
"You intergalactic hussy!" -Homer (to Marge)
-------------------
"Holy phlerking schnit!" -Kang
-------------------
Kang: *Beep* *Beep* *Beep* "hyperbolic paraboloid" *Beep* *Beep* "your mother!"

There are just too many good episodes to pick just one. :)
-TheDragoon
I like the one where he designs a car. Or the one where he gets an SUV, and marge flips it over, making it explode to scare off the rhinos (one of the last good episodes I remember, and the last one I ever saw). Or how about where they kill Itchy & Scratchy because of that homeless bum? Oh my God! The one where Ralph has the little leprechaun friend on his shoulder at the end, telling him to burn his family! That one cracks me up!
Roland *The Gunslinger*
Bart's twin that lives in the attic.
All alone, or in twos,
The ones who really love you
Walk up and down outside the wall.
Some hand in hand
And some gathered together in bands.
The bleeding hearts and artists
Make their stand.

And when they've given you their all
Some stagger and fall, after all it's not easy
Banging your heart against some mad buggers wall.

"Isn't this where...."
Drunken Homer: "So i says to him: 'you want the money? Well you can go find it, cause i don't know where it is you balogne. You make me rasgghglelghglglglllll...'"
One of my all-time favorites will always be the softball episode.

Umpire: Okay, let's go over the ground rules.
You can't leave first until you chug a beer.
Any man scoring has to chug a beer.
You have to chug a beer at the top of all odd-numbered innings.
Oh, and the fourth inning is the beer inning.
Chief Wiggum: Hey, we know how to play softball!

Burns to Don Mattingly: "I thought I told you to trim those sideburns!!"

--Copadope
Simpsons has gotten so bad lately. I usually sit through an entire episode - if I even watch it - and don't laugh once. It's so sad. They just need to put the show out of its misery now.
--Mith

I would rather be ashes than dust! I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry rot. I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet. The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Jack London
Mithrandir,Jun 20 2005, 11:36 AM Wrote:Simpsons has gotten so bad lately. I usually sit through an entire episode - if I even watch it - and don't laugh once. It's so sad. They just need to put the show out of its misery now.
[right][snapback]81105[/snapback][/right]
The show surely has gone senile. Nothing can justify the comedy gold of "Pew-wee! Your breath sure does stink, Homer. I have to take my slippers off in order to cover the smell."

Yes. That was it. No punchline or followup. That was it.
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.
Copadope,Jun 21 2005, 08:18 AM Wrote:One of my all-time favorites will always be the softball episode.

Umpire: Okay, let's go over the ground rules.
          You can't leave first until you chug a beer.
          Any man scoring has to chug a beer.
          You have to chug a beer at the top of all odd-numbered innings.
          Oh, and the fourth inning is the beer inning.
Chief Wiggum:  Hey, we know how to play softball!

Burns to Don Mattingly: "I thought I told you to trim those sideburns!!"
[right][snapback]81103[/snapback][/right]
Unfortunately due to culture (i.e. a lack of) I couldn't enjoy this one as it was meant to be... they were just a collection of sport people to me :(
Two of my favourites:

"The Two Mrs. Nahasapeemapetawans" (I'm sure I misspelt that) where Apu gets married.

Apu: "Why do you all your plans involve lies and deception?"
Homer: "I dunno. They just do."

...and the one where Bart and friends form a boyband, which turns out to be a secret recruiting tool for the Navy.

Chris
Actually, they need to stop writing by committee, and get back to the earlier days when talented writers produced coherent scripts WITH A FRIGGIN' POINT. Not 'where are we going to go today' episodes...
But whate'er I be,
Nor I, nor any man that is,
With nothing shall be pleased till he be eased
With being nothing.
William Shakespeare - Richard II
DeeBye,Jun 17 2005, 11:42 PM Wrote:For me, it's "You Only Move Twice".  AKA, the Hank Scorpio episode.

Hmmm... I have a couple of favourites. But I don't know the titles, just the plotlines (and even then I could be so far wrong...).

I think the best one was with Sideshow Bob (Kelsey Grammer) and his brother Cecil (David Hyde Pierce). Actually, now that I think about it, that one wasn't so much a Simpsons episode as a Frasier episode. Maybe that's why I liked it?

My other favourite was the Halloween special wherein James Earl Jones read "The Raven". Scared the bejeesus outta Homer.

The next best one was where Homer was in a coma, and there's a long set of clips strung together of every Doh! Homer every said. Not that that's funny, really, but when you record the Doh's on your answering machine it's priceless! We got a lot of very incorehent messages whilst that one was on the machine. Nobody could keep a straight face and speak clearly after hearing that.

Krishta

Wood Hoarder, Blade Sharpener, and Occasional Tool User