I think it's time for a Simpsons thread
For me, it's "You Only Move Twice". AKA, the Hank Scorpio episode.
[Image: hankscorpio0kk.jpg]

This episode always makes me laugh. Albert Brooks was great as Hank Scorpio. I tried to find a better image, but Google Image Search failed me :(

Homer: I can't buy that. Only management-type guys with big salaries like me can afford things like that. Guys like me?!? I'm a guy like me!

and

Homer: Oh, the hammock district.

If anyone has this episode on DVD, please post a screenshot of Hank Scorpio wearing his jacket backwards. I thank you in advance.
"Simpson and Delilah". The core issue strikes close to home and the assistant he "hires" cracks me up.
At first I thought, "Mind control satellites? No way!" But now I can't remember how we lived without them.
------
WoW PC's of significance
Vaimadarsa Pavis Hykim Jakaleel Odayla Odayla
Bun-Bun,Jun 18 2005, 12: Wrote:"Simpson and Delilah". The core issue strikes close to home and the assistant he "hires" cracks me up.
[right][snapback]80976[/snapback][/right]

MINOXODIL!
The one with the chili cookoff that ultimately puts Homer in search of his soulmate. Comedy hitting on all six cylinders.

Vision quests.Space coyotes. Guatemalan insanity peppers. The Homer-Signal ("...either that, or Batman's really let himself go!").
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.
Rhydderch Hael,Jun 18 2005, 01:22 AM Wrote:The one with the chili cookoff that ultimately puts Homer in search of his soulmate. Comedy hitting on all six cylinders.

Vision quests.Space coyotes. Guatemalan insanity peppers. The Homer-Signal ("...either that, or Batman's really let himself go!").
[right][snapback]80980[/snapback][/right]

They say he carved that spoon from an even bigger spoon.
I don't know the names of the episode, but one scene that is very funny is the one where the put Moe on the lie-detector.

"do you hold a grudge against Montgommery Burns"
"Lisa, vampires are make-believe, like elves, gremlins, and eskimos."

"You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'."

I like the episodes where Homer discovers he has a crayon in his brain. Another good one is where he suddenly becomes intelligent. "While filing my taxes, I accidently disproved the existence of God." (Or something like that)
Homer: "no beer and no TV make Homer go crazy. no beer and no TV make Homer something-something"
Marge: "Go crazy?"
Homer: "Don't mind if I do!" [goes crazy]

DeeBye,Jun 17 2005, 09:27 PM Wrote:They say he carved that spoon from an even bigger spoon.
[right][snapback]80981[/snapback][/right]

Ahhhh, spoon jokes...

DUNDEE LOOK-ALIKE: "That's not a knife, this is a knife"

BART: "That's not a knife - that's a spoon!"

DUNDEE LOOK-ALIKE: "Oy, I see you've played knifey-spooney before!"
But whate'er I be,
Nor I, nor any man that is,
With nothing shall be pleased till he be eased
With being nothing.
William Shakespeare - Richard II
DeeBye,Jun 18 2005, 03:42 AM Wrote:For me, it's "You Only Move Twice".  AKA, the Hank Scorpio episode.
[right][snapback]80974[/snapback][/right]
Yeah, that has to be my favourite episode as well. Partly because I'm the sort of person who can find some sympathy for Bond-esque supervillains, and partly because Albert Brooks' performance, as well as his previous episodes (Also proved with Harvey Fierstein's performance in 'Simpson and Delilah') proves that celebrity guest voices work better when they're not playing themselves (Tom Jones being one notible exception).

But these days celebrities are just appearing on the show for the sake of it, and 99% of the time they just bomb completely. When Stephen Hawking appeared, it was just so completely cringeworthy that it was unbelievable.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
Monorail
Ghostiger,Jun 18 2005, 10:06 AM Wrote:Monorail

"Mono... d'oh!"
Yeah, the Hank Scorpio episode is pretty sweet.

"The Denver Broncos! ahhhh"
"Well I think owning the Denver Broncos is great!"
"Marge, you just don't understand sports."

I also really like the Frank Grimes episode.

"Well, I basically just copied the current design. But then I added some fins to cut down on wind resistance. And these racing stripes, which I think look really smart."

gekko
"Life is sacred and you are not its steward. You have stewardship over it but you don't own it. You're making a choice to go through this, it's not just happening to you. You're inviting it, and in some ways delighting in it. It's not accidental or coincidental. You're choosing it. You have to realize you've made choices."
-Michael Ventura, "Letters@3AM"
gekko,Jun 18 2005, 08:15 PM Wrote:I also really like the Frank Grimes episode.
[right][snapback]81011[/snapback][/right]

Haha, yessir!
[Image: grimes0wd.gif]

Good ol' Grimey
The one where Lisa and Bart play icehockey. It's such a good social commentary, and the sibling friendship at the end brings a tear to my eye.
whyBish,Jun 18 2005, 10:54 PM Wrote:The one where Lisa and Bart play icehockey.  It's such a good social commentary, and the sibling friendship at the end brings a tear to my eye.
[right][snapback]81019[/snapback][/right]

Sorry, but I did not find that episode funny whatsoever :(
DeeBye,Jun 18 2005, 07:32 PM Wrote:Sorry, but I did not find that episode funny whatsoever  :(
[right][snapback]81020[/snapback][/right]
Not even when Maggie made the jump shot to catch that hotdog?
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.
Rhydderch Hael,Jun 18 2005, 11:50 PM Wrote:Not even when Maggie made the jump shot to catch that hotdog?
[right][snapback]81021[/snapback][/right]

Wasn't it a beer bottle?
Homer: ... this friend named Joey Joe Joe Jr. Shabadoo.
Moe: Homer, that's the worst name i've ever heard.
*man runs crying from the bar*
Barney: Hey! Joey Joe Joe!
Chesspiece_face,Jun 19 2005, 12:13 AM Wrote:Homer: ... this friend named Joey Joe Joe Jr. Shabadoo.
Moe:  Homer, that's the worst name i've ever heard.
*man runs crying from the bar*
Barney:  Hey! Joey Joe Joe!
[right][snapback]81023[/snapback][/right]

Guy Incognito was WAY better than Joey Joe Joe.