"You gain -2 Energy."
Well, as many Rogues know, 1.5.0 introduced a nice bug where Ghostly Strike hurts yourself. Here's a bug that I had spotted long before 1.5.0 but couldn't reproduce it. Once I caught in my combat log "You gain -2 Energy."

For non-Rogues, there's a talent Relentless Strikes that allows you to restore 25 energy after completing a finishing move (20% chance per combo point, so if you have 5 combo points, you're gauranteed to get the 25 energy). About a week ago I found the key:

[Image: CurseOfWeakness.jpg]

Jadefire Tricksters give a debuff to physical damage you do, reducing it by 27. So of course Blizzard found a way to connect this to Relentless Strikes, so 25 - 27 = -2 Energy :wacko:. If any Rogue with Relentless Strikes gets a Curse of Weakness on them that's not -27 damage, would they mind testing this to see if it's just Tricksters or all Curse of Weakness?
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Quark,Jun 14 2005, 11:31 AM Wrote:Well, as many Rogues know, 1.5.0 introduced a nice bug where Ghostly Strike hurts yourself.  Here's a bug that I had spotted long before 1.5.0 but couldn't reproduce it.  Once I caught in my combat log "You gain -2 Energy."

For non-Rogues, there's a talent Relentless Strikes that allows you to restore 25 energy after completing a finishing move (20% chance per combo point, so if you have 5 combo points, you're gauranteed to get the 25 energy).  About a week ago I found the key:

[Image: CurseOfWeakness.jpg]

Jadefire Tricksters give a debuff to physical damage you do, reducing it by 27.  So of course Blizzard found a way to connect this to Relentless Strikes, so 25 - 27 = -2 Energy  :wacko:.  If any Rogue with Relentless Strikes gets a Curse of Weakness on them that's not -27 damage, would they mind testing this to see if it's just Tricksters or all Curse of Weakness?
[right][snapback]80559[/snapback][/right]

Could you maybe just test this with a 'lock and different ranks of CoW?
Stormrage:
Flyndar (60) - Dwarf Priest - Tailoring (300), Enchanting (300)
Minimagi (60) - Gnome Mage - Herbalism (300), Engineering (301)
Galreth (60) - Human Warrior - Blacksmithing (300), Alchemy (300); Critical Mass by name, Lurker in spirit
ArynWindborn (19) - Human Paladin - Mining/Engineering (121)
mjdoom,Jun 14 2005, 01:03 PM Wrote:Could you maybe just test this with a 'lock and different ranks of CoW?
[right][snapback]80568[/snapback][/right]

True, I'll try to bug Arethor for this. Only problem I see is there's some skills that are broken PvP, working PvE and vice versa. So if CoW from a warlock isn't bugged, that's not definative. Oh well, it's a start.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Hail,

could this be a display bug? After the patch, items with green adders like "Improves Defense +X" now say "Improves Defense -X"...

Sorry if I misnamed the effect, I have a German version of the game. Anyway, as a little thread hijack, has this display bug I am experiencing been seen by somebody else?

Take care,

Lord_Olf
"I don't like to brag, I don't like to boast, but I like hot butter on my breakfast toast!" - Flea
Lord_Olf,Jun 15 2005, 02:12 AM Wrote:Hail,

could this be a display bug?
[right][snapback]80681[/snapback][/right]

Nope, I made sure to watch closely last time I was there. When I was cursed, my Energy bar would drop by 2, and then I did a "Kick" immediately afterwards. Since Kick takes 25 energy, an unbugged Relentless Strikes would mean I get it off, but I got the message "Not Enough Energy". So no display bug, since the energy is not there.
Hail,

I salute your thorougness! I was just wondering, since I was expereincing this bug...

Take care,

Lord_Olf
"I don't like to brag, I don't like to boast, but I like hot butter on my breakfast toast!" - Flea
Followup: tested this with Tahapenes in Dire Maul Arena, a "-31 Damage" Curse of Weakness, and sure enough: "You gain -6 Energy".

So it's not Jadefire specific, all Curses of Weakness does this.
I posted a message in the official Blizzard bug forum about this as you can read here:

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.a...&ThreadID=45809

Along with another post in the rogue-specific forum here:

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.a...ThreadID=410353
According to the responses to the post I made on the rogue forum, +damage buffs also *increase* the energy you get from Relentless Strikes. Also, one person mentioned that Blessing of Sanctuary also negatively affects the amount of energy you get.