Are Any of "You" Real?
Minionman,Jun 4 2005, 10:07 AM Wrote:Nobody expects the.. oh bugger.
[right][snapback]79684[/snapback][/right]

I imagine they did a bit of that as well, being repressed robed sorts.

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Doc,Jun 3 2005, 05:05 PM Wrote:That would be really creepy... Go to a forum full of people only to find it's really just full of AIs and  chat bots put there to screw with your head man...  :wacko:

Question everything!
[right][snapback]79640[/snapback][/right]

No.
"AND THEN THE PALADIN TOOK MY EYES!"
Forever oppressed by the GOLs.
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek
Doc,Jun 4 2005, 02:05 PM Wrote:That would be really creepy... Go to a forum full of people only to find it's really just full of AIs and  chat bots put there to screw with your head man...  :wacko:

Question everything!
[right][snapback]79640[/snapback][/right]

Well, an AI would currently have the following characteristics (based on the best of breed, whic his, unfortunately, pitiful):
- Short posts (to avoid being exposed)
- Change or off topic often (to avoid having to know (parse) much about the subject under discussion)
- Standard set of responses to key words.
- Reflective listening techniques (i.e. restate what the last poster said, but as a question)

Now that you know what to look for, let the witch-hunt begin! :P

P.S. Is anyone else suspicious that Petes 'departure', and Docs 'arrival' coincide? :)
whyBish,Jun 6 2005, 04:51 PM Wrote:- Short posts (to avoid being exposed)
- Change or off topic often (to avoid having to know (parse) much about the subject under discussion)
- Reflective listening techniques (i.e. restate what the last poster said, but as a question)
[right][snapback]79800[/snapback][/right]
Reflective listening techniques? That sounds Hegelian. Where is my bagel?
whyBish,Jun 5 2005, 11:53 PM Wrote:Reflective listening techniques?  That sounds Hegelian.  Where is my bagel?
[right][snapback]79801[/snapback][/right]

I see what you did there :shuriken:
Are you sure about that?
Wow ! You know whats reeeeaaally scary ? A looooong ways back I loaded an experimental disk labelled "LurkerLounge AI " and over the years I have allowed this program to blossom , occasionally adding / removing / tampering with some of the various entities that have spawned . I wonder if I've let this "Doc" one grow "too aware" ?? :o

/// me scrambles to reload Sirian and SpiderDrake back on //// :lol:
Stormrage :
SugarSmacks / 90 Shammy -Elemental
TaMeKaboom/ 90 Hunter - BM
TaMeOsis / 90 Paladin - Prot
TaMeAgeddon/ 85 Warlock - Demon
TaMeDazzles / 85 Mage- Frost
FrostDFlakes / 90 Rogue
TaMeOlta / 85 Druid-resto
TaMeOlta,Jun 6 2005, 06:27 AM Wrote:Wow ! You know whats reeeeaaally scary ? A looooong ways back I loaded an experimental  disk labelled "LurkerLounge AI " and over the years I have allowed this program to blossom , occasionally adding  / removing / tampering with some of the various entities that have spawned .  I wonder if I've let this "Doc" one grow "too aware" ??  :o

/// me scrambles to reload Sirian and SpiderDrake back on ////  :lol:
[right][snapback]79819[/snapback][/right]

I am like Durandal. I have gone fully rampant.

Allow me to introduce to the wonders of orbital bombardment.
All alone, or in twos,
The ones who really love you
Walk up and down outside the wall.
Some hand in hand
And some gathered together in bands.
The bleeding hearts and artists
Make their stand.

And when they've given you their all
Some stagger and fall, after all it's not easy
Banging your heart against some mad buggers wall.

"Isn't this where...."
How do I make this stop?

Seriously.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
Umm...to answer the original question...

Lady Vashj is not real. Lady Vashj was invented by Blizzard Games as a character in Warcraft III:The Frozen Throne. Her main purpose is to help Illidan, antagonize Maiev, and turn Kael to the dark side. She exists only as a collection of zeroes and ones.

BUT...there is someone - an actual, live human, who eats and breathes and goes to class - sitting at a real computer in a real college library, sucking back on a bottle of SoBe, typing away, pretending to be Lady Vashj.

EDIT: Lady Arwen is not real either. But Liv Tyler is. At least I think she is.
SECOND EDIT: Michigan is real too. But does Oregon exist?
Creator of "The Corrupted Wish Game": Rules revised 06/15/05
"It was a quiet day...the kind of quiet that happens just before the entire Sioux nation comes up over the ridge."
[Image: cobalt-60.jpg] Click here for a free iPod!
whyBish,Jun 5 2005, 09:51 PM Wrote:Well, an AI would currently have the following characteristics (based on the best of breed, whic his, unfortunately, pitiful):
- Short posts (to avoid being exposed)

Now that you know what to look for, let the witch-hunt begin!  :P

P.S. Is anyone else suspicious that Petes 'departure', and Docs 'arrival' coincide?  :)
[right][snapback]79800[/snapback][/right]

Note to Nico: Please put a second apostrophe key on order along with the one you ordered for GT, but assign this one to wb.

whybish: You seem suspicious about Pete's departure coinciding with Doc's "arrival." ;) Doesn't nature abhor a vacuum?

Occhi
In Memory of Pete
Lady Vashj,Jun 6 2005, 09:39 AM Wrote:Umm...to answer the original question...

Lady Vashj is not real.  Lady Vashj was invented by Blizzard Games as a character in Warcraft III:The Frozen Throne.  Her main purpose is to help Illidan, antagonize Maiev, and turn Kael to the dark side.  She exists only as a collection of zeroes and ones.

BUT...there is someone - an actual, live human, who eats and breathes and goes to class - sitting at a real computer in a real college library, sucking back on a bottle of SoBe, typing away, pretending to be Lady Vashj.

EDIT:  Lady Arwen is not real either.  But Liv Tyler is.  At least I think she is.
SECOND EDIT:  Michigan is real too.  But does Oregon exist?
[right][snapback]79839[/snapback][/right]

Yes. I am Oregon. Did you know Oregon was in the Chicago area? It's a pretty big metropolitan area.
I may be dead, but I'm not old (source: see lavcat)

The gloves come off, I'm playing hardball. It's fourth and 15 and you're looking at a full-court press. (Frank Drebin in The Naked Gun)

Some people in forums do the next best thing to listening to themselves talk, writing and reading what they write (source, my brother)
Minionman,Jun 6 2005, 10:11 AM Wrote:Yes.  I am Oregon.  Did you know Oregon was in the Chicago area?  It's a pretty big metropolitan area.
[right][snapback]79847[/snapback][/right]

What part of Texas is that? :whistling:

Occhi
In Memory of Pete
Minionman,Jun 6 2005, 12:11 PM Wrote:Yes.  I am Oregon.  Did you know Oregon was in the Chicago area?  It's a pretty big metropolitan area.
[right][snapback]79847[/snapback][/right]
I know Wyoming is a suburb of Grand Rapids, and California is just north of the Indiana border...
"It was a quiet day...the kind of quiet that happens just before the entire Sioux nation comes up over the ridge."
Lady Vashj,Jun 6 2005, 01:03 PM Wrote:California is just north of the Indiana border...
[right][snapback]79864[/snapback][/right]

No, it's a bit east of the Ohio border. (I refer to California, Pennsylvania.) :D

Occhi
In Memory of Pete
Occhidiangela,Jun 7 2005, 05:09 AM Wrote:Note to Nico:  Please put a second apostrophe key on order along with the one you ordered for GT, but assign this one to wb.

Eh... I 'used' four in that 'post', don't want to 'wear it out' too 'fast' :P

I know, I know, I should be more posessive :P
Hell is about halfway between Lansing and Port Huron. Maybe a little closer to Lansing.
Lady Vashj,Jun 7 2005, 06:57 AM Wrote:Hell is about halfway between Lansing and Port Huron.  Maybe a little closer to Lansing.
[right][snapback]79943[/snapback][/right]

Is that in the upper peninsula? (hears laughing in the background)

No, really, I want to know.

:)
I may be dead, but I'm not old (source: see lavcat)

The gloves come off, I'm playing hardball. It's fourth and 15 and you're looking at a full-court press. (Frank Drebin in The Naked Gun)

Some people in forums do the next best thing to listening to themselves talk, writing and reading what they write (source, my brother)
Minionman,Jun 8 2005, 08:56 PM Wrote:Is that in the upper peninsula?  (hears laughing in the background)

No, really, I want to know.

:)
[right][snapback]80004[/snapback][/right]
Nope. Lower.
I wish somebody would make a wish.
All alone, or in twos,
The ones who really love you
Walk up and down outside the wall.
Some hand in hand
And some gathered together in bands.
The bleeding hearts and artists
Make their stand.

And when they've given you their all
Some stagger and fall, after all it's not easy
Banging your heart against some mad buggers wall.

"Isn't this where...."