U.S. election update
Occhidiangela,May 31 2005, 03:03 PM Wrote:3.  Next pressing selection is who will succeed Kofi.  China has a few ideas, as their section of "the-developing-world-imperialism's-victims" is next up on the Wog roster.
[right][snapback]79101[/snapback][/right]

UN tangent:

Did anyone else want to hit the UN with a giant anvil when UN leadership complained that the US was not giving 'it's fair share' of aid to Tsunami relief? US private donations (read: charities) at that point had given more money and supplies than everyone else combined. Somehow, money given by the state (read: money that everyone is forced to pay) is more important and magnamious than money given out of individuals desire to help (or guilt, whatever :rolleyes: ). I was dissapointed when we gove more to "keep up with the Jones' ", but I applaud our using military forces in the area to help out (or at least trying, as they weren't welcome in some areas, but that's understandable and their concern).

Blah, another rambling tangent. UN summary: Idea, good. Execution, lame (the words corrupt, inneffective, and a waste of money come to mind too, but that's another discussion).
[Image: gurnseyheader6lk.jpg]
Occhidiangela,May 31 2005, 08:00 PM Wrote:Oh, they'll win, but will it be before or after the Astro's win one?  :blink:  We have jokes down here in Texas about snowboarding in Hell the day the Astro's win the Series.

Occhi
[right][snapback]79110[/snapback][/right]

It will be the year after the Rangers goes all the way. ;)
Tal,Jun 2 2005, 09:48 AM Wrote:It will be the year after the Rangers goes all the way. ;)
[right][snapback]79369[/snapback][/right]

Before the Rangers make that happen the Seahawks will win the Superbowl.

So, as you can see, our franchises are all doomed. Doooommmed I say!
The Bill of No Rights
The United States has become a place where entertainers and professional athletes are mistaken for people of importance. Robert A. Heinlein