Stormrage Crafting
Treesh made a comment in guild chat the other day that started me thinking about this. Something to the effect of making things (potions in my case) for the higher level players. And, I am very willing to use my crafting talents for the greater good of our high level raiding group. I just have no idea what they might want, or who might be coordinatiing getting the product to the consumer.

This is also true of Arcanite transmutes, and in the future other types of transmutes. If I tried to solo a project to build a particular item, like an Arcanite Reaper, that needs say 20 arcanite bars, well it would take me 40 days minimum to just transmute arcanite. The 2 day cool down would either be spent trying to find another arcane crystal, or gather materials to craft potions to sell in trade for one. If we worked together we could do some of these projects, but faced with doing it solo I feel it might be better to spend the 60 some days running DM or Azuregos hoping for an epic 2h sword drop.

Then of course we all need to earn money to buy training, repair gear, and improve our toons. Anyway, I just wanted to present the idea for some discussion of what we might be able to do together, who's projects should get done, in what order, and how would we ever keep it fair?

What alchemy Celethirian can do for you! You alchemists who might want to use this spreadsheet can find a copy here.

Edit (Jul 20, 05) -- I have updated my list. I have added a couple new recipes (including Invisibility and Greater Stoneshield). It is also my pleasure to help out any Warlocks interested in getting the requisite number of Elixir of Shadow Power needed for their Epics. Just ask. It might take me some time to gather up the mushrooms, but better to let us herbalists know well in advance how many are needed. I try to stop by those key shroom locations as often as I pass by them.

Edit (Oct 12, 05) -- I have added some new recipes (Greater Arcane Protection (TY, LISSA!), Flask of Chromatic Resistance, Flask of Supreme Power). Also, restorative potions, transmutes including Water to Air.

Brynmawgr my Warrior- Miner/Engineer is available to make Thorium Shells (arrows), and scopes for guns or bows at all levels (up to Sniper). Also, various neccesities (e.g. Thorium Widgets) for crafts and quests as well.

Elleneor is my lvl 35 Warlock - Tailor(290)/Enchanter(275) can make Runecloth bags, or Mooncloth for you now. I can enchant your Thorium or Leather. I'm always looking for DE items level 35 and above. If it's a choice between giving your crafted items away at AH steal prices or her, please consider her.

Luinilian is my lvl 50 Priest - Skinner(300(+5))/Dragonscale LW(300) - Most of the Turtle and Scorpid Mail now, Dragonscale chest & gloves, Blue DS set, Green DS set, Nightscape stuff, Shadowskin Gloves, Voodoo gear, Wild and Wicked. She is Honored with Thorium Brotherhood.

Last Update: (Oct 12, 05)
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Raelynn's up to 299 or so alchemy so he can do a lot as well. I'd have to get back to everyone as to the list but I think right now he has the first two big transmutations: Arcanite and Fire to Earth. It might be a week or so until my timer is open however because I have 2 arcance crystals waiting for thorium bars from Fellwynd so that I can hold them for the dreadsteed quest.
Stormrage
Raelynn - Gnome Warlock - Herbalism/Alchemy
Markuun - Tauren Shaman - Skinning/Leatherworking
Aredead - Undead Mage - Tailoring/Enchanting

Dethecus
Gutzmek - Orc Shaman - Skinning/Leatherworking
Arethor is a 300 tailor with the Mooncloth bag recipe and the Cloak of Warding (excellent tank cloak). If you need anything tailored feel free to send me a mail or a tell in game. My mooncloth manufacturing for the next 5 days is actually going into making a bag for a lurker. Arethor now has the Rich Purple Silk Shirt pattern for all the pimps out there.
Currently enjoying liberating the land of Sanctuary

[Image: arethor.jpg]
Stormrage - US (Inactive)
kandrathe,May 26 2005, 04:55 PM Wrote:  If we worked together we could do some of these projects, but faced with doing it solo I feel it might be better to spend the 60 some days running DM or Azuregos hoping for an epic 2h sword drop.

Then of course we all need to earn money to buy training, repair gear, and improve our toons. [right][snapback]78679[/snapback][/right]

You have the option of doing all thsee at once. Run Dire maul east boss runs 40 min-1 hour each (will provide details if necessary, but basically involves running in through front door, jumping down north past pussilin, running hydropsawn, then demon boss, jumping down, kill imp girl, and wildshaper last boss after clearing bottom) I realize it can be done in shorter times ideally, especially skipping mis imp + girl, but 'm giving a reasonable figure to include potential breaks in play and a relaxed place lurkers are used to.

There is one rich thorium vein guaranteed up to three available, and the boss drops are worth a fair amount of money. They're also fairly desireable to the chars running the DM east runs.

+loot, +exp, +money, +arcane crystals, the odd gem, and thorium.

and its short & easy! What's not to like?
Arethor,May 28 2005, 01:32 AM Wrote:Arethor is a 300 tailor with the Mooncloth bag recipe and the Cloak of Warding (excellent tank cloak).  If you need anything tailored feel free to send me a mail or a tell in game.  My mooncloth manufacturing for the next 5 days is actually going into making a bag for a lurker.
[right][snapback]78788[/snapback][/right]

Edit: NM - I looked up the cloak on Thottbot and it appears to me to have dubious rewards for the materials involved.
Arethor,May 28 2005, 01:32 AM Wrote:Arethor is a 300 tailor with the Mooncloth bag recipe and the Cloak of Warding (excellent tank cloak).  If you need anything tailored feel free to send me a mail or a tell in game.  My mooncloth manufacturing for the next 5 days is actually going into making a bag for a lurker.

I hate to be a sour apple on this but players should check the Auction House prices on the Mooncloth material and the Travelers Backpacks (16 slot bags) there. On Stormrage alliance side the Mooncloth has been usually around 15g for one piece; making the effective cost of a bag at around 30+g per bag. The Travelers Backpacks can often be found with buyout prices of 15-25g per bag. The use of Mooncloth for bags in my opion is a waste and should be saved for some of the other items that you cannot get an equivalent of from a dropped item.

This is why I have walked away from realatively good chances of getting the Mooncloth Bag pattern on the AH several times in the past. No point in going for something that I would never intend to use since it is seriously undermined by dropped items that have the exact same function to the character.
Ruvanal,May 28 2005, 09:51 AM Wrote:I hate to be a sour apple on this but players should check the Auction House prices on the Mooncloth material and the Travelers Backpacks (16 slot bags) there.
[right][snapback]78805[/snapback][/right]
After seeing the other mooncloth items out there, I do have to agree on this. All the mooncloth armor out there has stamina, intellect, and spirit on each piece. That is so much more important (for Aleri anyway) than a 16 slot bag that uses the same mats.
Intolerant monkey.
Ruvanal,May 28 2005, 09:51 AM Wrote:I hate to be a sour apple on this but players should check the Auction House prices on the Mooncloth material and the Travelers Backpacks (16 slot bags) there.  On Stormrage alliance side the Mooncloth has been usually around 15g for one piece; making the effective cost of a bag at around 30+g per bag.  The Travelers Backpacks can often be found with buyout prices of 15-25g per bag.  The use of Mooncloth for bags in my opion is a waste and should be saved for some of the other items that you cannot get an equivalent of from a dropped item. 

This is why I have walked away from realatively good chances of getting the Mooncloth Bag pattern on the AH several times in the past.  No point in going for something that I would never intend to use since it is seriously undermined by dropped items that have the exact same function to the character.
[right][snapback]78805[/snapback][/right]

Ah, but if you have been a high level tailor for a while and stockpiled Mooncloth it doesn't "cost" you anything to make these. Just the minor cost of some runecloth and thread. There is some opportunity cost in mooncloth but in general I consider it worth it to use some for bags. Despite being lazy at times on making mooncloth I have made enough in time to make 7 bags, a robe, and a vest and I still have about 6 pieces left for future use. In this case why would I even pay for the Traveler's Backpack when I can make these mooncloth bags for "free." The only trick is to find someone who will make the bags for you for free and I know two (three?) of those people :)

- mjdoom
Stormrage:
Flyndar (60) - Dwarf Priest - Tailoring (300), Enchanting (300)
Minimagi (60) - Gnome Mage - Herbalism (300), Engineering (301)
Galreth (60) - Human Warrior - Blacksmithing (300), Alchemy (300); Critical Mass by name, Lurker in spirit
ArynWindborn (19) - Human Paladin - Mining/Engineering (121)
As some will tell you, i've been very lucky with drops ever since i hit 57 and the pattern for the mooncloth bag was one of them. To get 4 felcloth to create the 2 mooncloth necessary isn't really too difficult, just requires a little bit of time whacking on satyrs. I'm also a skinner, so Rugged Leather is a nil factor. So this is how i see it:

Free Pattern + 1 hour or less farming felcloth + Free leather = 16 slot bag for the cost of thread.

Yes Traveler's Backpacks fall somewhat frequently, but how often do you win them if you're in a raid, and how long did that raid take?

I've stopped producing bags for myself as I don't really need anymore and I need felcloth for a suave new robe I have a pattern for. But even so, I don't see how it's a bad use of the felcloth when I have only 1 other Mooncloth recipe (Think it's the robe?) which doesn't give me any benefits over my Dreadmist Robe.

I agree that there are some great mooncloth items out there and that the Traveler's Backpacks are a better buy than the Mooncloth Bags on the AH, but if you have 4 felcloth the bag costs you 0g, and even if you don't have any felcloth you can buy it for 1g a piece usually totalling 4g. As long as your patient enough to wait for the cooldown of making the mooncloth I think it's cloth well spent.

Even if someone would rather just to have felcloth turned into Mooncloth to be used for something else I'd be more than happy to do that for them when I can. I was just offering the bags because I had the pattern and not everyone is at a point where they can get the Backpacks, but they can still get felcloth.

For those that are interested here's the Thott link for the Cloak of Warding

Edit: added cloak link

Sorry if this post is abrasive, it's not intended to be.

Treesh,May 28 2005, 10:10 AM Wrote:All the mooncloth armor out there has stamina, intellect, and spirit on each piece.
[right][snapback]78806[/snapback][/right]
This gave me an idea for a project for Lochnar. Between all the capped tailors in the Lurkers on Stormrage, are all the mooncloth armors available?

This is what I see for mats and stats (thott/allak):

Code:
                                    bolt runecloth/
                                    mooncloth/
                 stam/int/sprt      runethread         misc

leggings          12/14/21             6/4/1
shoulders         9/17/11              5/5/1
robe              12/25/12             6/4/2        2 golden pearl
gloves            9/16/15              12/6/2       2 golden pearl
boots             11/14/13             6/4/1        2 black pearl
circlet           13/23/15             4/6/2        1 azerothian diamond
                                                    2 enchanted leather

total             66/109/87            39/29/9      4 gp/2 bp/1 ad/2 el

According to thott, 1 bolt of runecloth is 5 runecloth. Is that correct? If so I have been cheating someone who is making me runecloth bags for 20 runecloth, plus other mats. It should be 25, correct?

That means, given we have tailors that can make them, I need to farm 195 runecloth and buy 29 mooncloth, 9 rune thread, 4 golden pearls, 2 black pearls, 1 azerothian diamond and 2 enchanted leather. Does this look right? Is it doable?

[edit] added boots that were listed on allak but not thott
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
LochnarITB,May 28 2005, 07:28 PM Wrote:This gave me an idea for a project for Lochnar.  Between all the capped tailors in the Lurkers on Stormrage, are all the mooncloth armors available?
Code:
                                    bolt runecloth/
                                    mooncloth/
                 stam/int/sprt      runethread         misc
robe              12/25/12             6/4/2        2 golden pearl

I can make the Mooncloth Robe, mats and stats are as you listed.

Quote:According to thott, 1 bolt of runecloth is 5 runecloth.  Is that correct?  If so I have been cheating someone who is making me runecloth bags for 20 runecloth, plus other mats.  It should be 25, correct?

This is also correct, 5 runecloth per bolt, and also in case someone doesn't know, 2 felcloth per mooncloth.

Quote:That means, given we have tailors that can make them, I need to farm 195 runecloth and buy 29 mooncloth, 9 rune thread, 4 golden pearls, 2 black pearls, 1 azerothian diamond and 2 enchanted leather.  Does this look right?  Is it doable?

Is it doable? yes, is it going to cost you an arm, 2 legs and your first born child? probably.

If you collect the mats though, I'd be more than happy to fashion a shiny new robe for you. As for Runecloth and thread, those are negligable to me so you wouldn't have to be concerned about that. I also have 1 Black Pearl that I can contribute.

LochnarITB,May 28 2005, 06:28 PM Wrote:This gave me an idea for a project for Lochnar.  Between all the capped tailors in the Lurkers on Stormrage, are all the mooncloth armors available?
[right][snapback]78832[/snapback][/right]

Unfortunately, no. None of us has the circlet or glove patterns. However, Kateley of the Basin has the gloves, at least, and maybe she'll stitch them up for you if you ask nicely. :)
Off the top of my head for now

Ramala, Elemental Leatherworking:
Stormshroud - The Complete Set (Finally!)
+% crit, +% dodge, some +sta
Stormshroud Armor
Stormshroud Pants
Stormshroud Shoulders

Volcanic - I think Shoulders are the ones I'm missing, so:
+fire resist
Volcanic Breastplate
Volcanic Leggings

Girdle of Insight: +9 sta, +23 int

I have various Runic Leather (+int / +spi) and Wicked Leather (+agi / +sta) also, but can't remember which ones. Update: I have Wicked Leather Pants, Headband, and Gauntlets.

Swift Flight Bracers - pattern from DM. Gives +attack power and +Sta, they are mail for you hunters.

Mitzy, Alchemy:
Have a few timered transmutes, off my head I only remember the Arcanite.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Sharanna is 300 in tailoring and can make the Mooncloth Robe. She is also up to 245 in enchanting and can do the +4 to melee weapons and +7 to 2 handers enchants along with +3 to stats on chest armor, +50 to health on chest, +50 armor to cloak, etc. I'm a little short on a lot of mats but if you purchase them I would be happy to enchant for you. :)

Shalandrax is 300 in herbalism, and 281 in Alchemy and I can make most of the potions.
Arethor,May 28 2005, 12:32 AM Wrote:Arethor is a 300 tailor with the Mooncloth bag recipe and the Cloak of Warding (excellent tank cloak).  If you need anything tailored feel free to send me a mail or a tell in game.  My mooncloth manufacturing for the next 5 days is actually going into making a bag for a lurker.
Are you and Tal the only Guild mooncloth makers? If I find Felcloth should I send it to you and you will coordinate with the others?
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

What can GG make for you! I'm only listing stuff that isn't common I'll edit the post as I get more or remember more. :)

Taranna - Elemental Leatherworker (300 skill)
Stormshroud
Stormshroud pants | Stormshroud Shoulders
I'm still missing the chest
Volcanic
Volcanic Leggings | Volcanic Breastplate | Volcanic Shoulders
Other Elemental only stuff
Helm of Fire - 15 minute cooldown on the fireball
Gauntlets of the Sea - 30 minute cooldown on the heal
Living Shoulders
Living Leggings
Big Voodoo Stuff - All of it
Big Voodoo Cloak | Big Voodoo Pants | Big Voodoo Mask | Big Voodoo Robe
Wicked Leather - Still need the armor and the belt
Wicked Leather Gauntlets | Wicked Leather Headband | Wicked Leather Bracers | Wicked Leather Pants
Wicked Leather Belt

I can also do all the Wild Leather stuff if you like to gamble on stats. :)
Tough Scropid I can make all of it.

Gnolack - Armorsmith (300 skill)
Enchanted Thorium Armors
Enchanted Thorium Helm - I think this might be the best +def helm in the game.
Enchanted Thorium Breastplate - Not worth the mats in most cases
Ehcnanted Thorium Leggings - You can get better +def leggings and these have steep costs, but they are OK.
Truesilver Armors (plate)
Truesilver Breastplate
Truesilver Gauntlets
Dark Iron Stuff (for fire resistance)
Dark Iron Mail | Dark Iron Plate | Dark Iron Bracers | Dark Iron Helm | Dark Iron Shoulders

Thorium Armors (not sure the resists are worth everything you give up)
Thorium Armor | Thorium Belt | Thorium Boots | Thorium Bracers | Thorium Helm | Thorium Leggings

Heavy Mithril - I can make all of it that a smith can make.
Ornate Mithril - I can make all of this too.
Imperial Plate I can do the whole set now.
Whitesoul Helm - Nice little Paladin Helm

Thorium Shield Spike - Does 20-30 damage. Takes essence of earth though, not cheap to make.
Mithril Shield Spike
Iron Shield Spike

I'll keep editing this up. (still need to add links for some of it)
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Littledude Tailoring 300, Enchanting 287
notables Tailoring: Runecloth Bag, Mooncloth Robe, Mooncloth Shoulders, Mooncloth Vest, Mooncloth Leggings, Ghostweave Gloves, Admiral's Hat, (has about 80% of known dropped/vendored patterns)
notables Enchanting: boots +7 stamina, chest +3 all stats, +4 damage for weapons, +7 damage for 2 Handed weapons, bracer +3 defense, bracer +7 stamina, cloak +50 armor, cloak +3 agility, weapon Demonslaying.
From discussion on the latest Molten Core run there was an expressed interest in a couple of enchants that Littledude has available. +7 fire resistance for cloaks that requires 1 Lesser Mystic Essence and 1 Elemental Fire. The other was +5 to all resistances for cloaks that requires 2 lesser Eternal Essences, 1 Heart of fire, 1 Core of Earth, 1 Globe of Water, 1 Breath of Wind and 1 Ichor of Undeath.

Taunshu Mining 300, Goblin Engineering 300
notables: Thorium Widget, Goblin Rocket Fuel Recipe, EZ-Thro Dynamite II, SnowMaster 9000, Deadly Scope(+5 damage), rifles upto the Thorium Rifle and Flawless Arcanite Rifle.

Andar Mining 277, Blacksmith (Armor) 265
notables: Mithril Shield Spike, (has the majority of dropped/vendored plans up to his skill level).

Myrrian Herbalist ???, Alchemist 219
notables: Rage Potion and Great Rage Potion, Shadow Oil, Free Action Potion, Swiftness Potion, Elixir of Water Breathing, Goblin Rocket Fuel.

Wynae Skinning ???, Leatherworker 175
notables:

Ragos Tailor 150, Engineer (Gnome) 165
notables: Robes of Arcana (warlock quest item), Spidersilk Boots, Silver-plated Shotgun, Mechanical Squirrel

Shadrack Herbalist ???, Alchemist 150 Mining 117
notables:

Tima Miner 114, Blacksmith (weapon ?) 145
notables:

Materials may be required in most cases.
Tahapenes is 300 Tailor/300 Enchanter

Most notiable Enchant is Lifesteal (6 Living Essence, 6 Essence of Undeath, 6 Large Brilliant Shards). I also have several other high level enchants like +9 Stamina to bracers, +7 Agility to Boots or Gloves (one of them for sure), and a few other intersting enchants.

Tailoring isn't anything different from what most everyone else has.
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
Hykim is at 300 Leatherworking and 300 Skinning. Her specialization is Tribal.

Interesting recipes she can make include:

Devilsaur Gauntlets (+ to crit, +AP)
Devilsaur Leggings (+ to crit, +AP)
Warbear Harness (+11 str, +27 sta)
Warbear Woolies (+27 str, +12 sta)
Wicked Leather Headband, Pants, Armor, Gauntlets (all add +agi)
Ironfeather Shoulders (+int, +spi)
Ironfeather Breastplate (+12 int, +28 spi)
Runic Leather Belt
Chimeric Leather Armor, Boots, Leggings (+shadow and nature resist)
Frostsaber Gauntlets and Leggings (+cold resist)
Wild Leather Helm, Cloak, Boots, etc. (all Wild Leather that can be made) (random enchantments)

She can also make a number of lower-level items incluing Nightscape, Guardian, Scorpid and Dusky gear.

I'll pitch in any mats I have on hand, but some items will need more of the exotic components than I have in the bank. Contributions of Ironfeathers or Devilsaur/Warbear Leather gratefully accepted.
At first I thought, "Mind control satellites? No way!" But now I can't remember how we lived without them.
------
WoW PC's of significance
Vaimadarsa Pavis Hykim Jakaleel Odayla Odayla
Adding on:

Rylea (Tailor 300/Enchanter 300)

rare Tailoring recipes:
Mooncloth Bag
Inferno Gloves
Felcloth Gloves
Cloak of Warding
Robe of Winter Night

along with most of the Felcloth, Frostweave and Runecloth items.

rare enchants:
+9 damage to two-handed weapon
+100 mana to chest
Crusader
+7 agility to boots
+9 stamina to bracers
Icy chill

also, everything from the trainer plus not-so-rare enchants like +5 skinning and demonslaying.

Katrin (Weaponsmith 300)

The Imperial Plate Set
Imperial Plate Chest
she can make all the pieces, but you can navigate to them all from the Chest link and I'm too lazy to link six more pieces.

also the ornate mithril things, as well as all four trained weaponsmith recipes:
The Shatterer
Phantom Blade
Blight
Truesilver Champion