Thank you, Blizzard!
TaiDaishar,Apr 24 2005, 10:45 AM Wrote:Sigh... someone has already said it before me and yet it continues, are you sure I am the one with the selective reading?
[right][snapback]74963[/snapback][/right]

I'm fine with them using this thread as the focal point. What's annoying is when there's multiple threads that keep getting bumped. Yesterday I saw a question in one thread, answered it, then saw the same exact question/answer in another thread. Waste of my time.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Quark,Apr 24 2005, 04:44 PM Wrote:This was happening before the patch came out.  It just wasn't nearly as prevalent.  Everytime someone fights back, you give them more of an excuse to keep doing it.  If you don't let them get honor out of it, things would be like they were before the patch.  They're trying to pick a fight, and you know what?  It's working.
[right][snapback]74970[/snapback][/right]

No, it wasn't happening before the patch. Tarren Mill being under pretty much constant attack started the day the patch came out. I'm not letting people get honour out of it; they just can now, whereas they couldn't before - there was no incentive to do so, and now there is.

It's not working on me, but I am but one player.
You don't know what you're talking about.
lfd,Apr 24 2005, 02:28 PM Wrote:No, it wasn't happening before the patch.  Tarren Mill being under pretty much constant attack started the day the patch came out.  I'm not letting people get honour out of it; they just can now, whereas they couldn't before - there was no incentive to do so, and now there is.

It's not working on me, but I am but one player.
[right][snapback]74975[/snapback][/right]

Maybe on your server. On Stormrage TM and SS were the hotspots for PvP just about every night during prime time.
Tal,Apr 24 2005, 07:46 PM Wrote:Maybe on your server. On Stormrage TM and SS were the hotspots for PvP just about every night during prime time.
[right][snapback]74980[/snapback][/right]

I think it goes without saying that people can only speak for the servers that they regularly play on.

As far as I recall, Stormrage is a PvE[1] server, isn't it? I'd expect most places where factions had towns so close together as SS and TM to be clash-points. But this isn't just a prime-time happening on my server; this has been a pretty much permanent battle since Friday (patch day for us Euros). I don't really care what the situation is like on a PvP server - I don't play on one because I don't like the idea of certain zones being no-go areas between certain times of the day.

I know I've done a bit of it with this post, but "it isn't like that on MY server" isn't a very good defence for either side ;-)

[1] Edited: said 'PvP', meant 'PvE'. :)
lfd,Apr 24 2005, 05:43 PM Wrote:I think it goes without saying that people can only speak for the servers that they regularly play on.

As far as I recall, Stormrage is a PvP server, isn't it?  I'd expect most places where factions had towns so close together as SS and TM to be clash-points.  But this isn't just a prime-time happening on my server; this has been a pretty much permanent battle since Friday (patch day for us Euros).  I don't really care what the situation is like on a PvP server - I don't play on one because I don't like the idea of certain zones being no-go areas between certain times of the day.

I know I've done a bit of it with this post, but "it isn't like that on MY server" isn't a very good defence for either side ;-)
[right][snapback]74983[/snapback][/right]

Stormrage is PvE.
Tal,Apr 24 2005, 10:18 PM Wrote:Stormrage is PvE.
[right][snapback]74984[/snapback][/right]

Er, yeah, that would be what I meant. Way to make my point clear, eh? :)
lfd,Apr 24 2005, 05:43 PM Wrote:I think it goes without saying that people can only speak for the servers that they regularly play on.

As far as I recall, Stormrage is a PvE[1] server, isn't it?  I'd expect most places where factions had towns so close together as SS and TM to be clash-points.  But this isn't just a prime-time happening on my server; this has been a pretty much permanent battle since Friday (patch day for us Euros).  I don't really care what the situation is like on a PvP server - I don't play on one because I don't like the idea of certain zones being no-go areas between certain times of the day.

[1] Edited: said 'PvP', meant 'PvE'. :)
[right][snapback]74983[/snapback][/right]

As far as I can tell, TM and SS are almost invariably under attack by bored level 60's at all hours of the day and night, regardless of server type. HF and RP are also popular choices, though the graveyard is heavily biased in Alliance's favor (which is okay, since Hammerfall is harder to breach.)

You're probably just noticing it now that the Honor system has debuted.
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
I'm afraid that as site administrator, I need to step in and echo what others have written here. Please do not start new threads on topics that are already under discussion in other threads. This isn't the Blizzard forums where one must constantly make new threads and bump old threads to get one's post seen. After some deliberation, I've decided to not lock this thread. However, I would ask that no new threads on this topic be started while other similar threads are up that one can post in.