Showing ID & signing in to buy OTC cold medicines?
Doc,Apr 17 2005, 07:57 PM Wrote:Everybody who knows me best here, like Occhi and Shadow, Lord knows how they put up with me, could probably confirm that I am a bit... Strange.
[right][snapback]74297[/snapback][/right]

We wouldn't have you any other way Doc!! :)

Cheers.
The Bill of No Rights
The United States has become a place where entertainers and professional athletes are mistaken for people of importance. Robert A. Heinlein
Doc,Apr 17 2005, 09:57 PM Wrote:On the subject of Timothy Leary, from Hunter S. Thompson.

Nice bit by Hunter S, thanks. Did you know that Mr Gonzo himself shot himself not too long ago? Bad trip, one might say.

Guess he'd had enough. Dead at either 68 or 69, up around Colorado ways.

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Griselda,Apr 16 2005, 04:03 PM Wrote:One reason might be that crack is a lot easier to deal in a streetcorner-type environment, because the rocks hold together and don't need to be bagged.  It's also probably a lot easier to swallow them if the cops are coming, especially if you're not using baggies.
[right][snapback]74184[/snapback][/right]

Off Topic: Sorry for the random comment but this reminded me of the second scariest moment in my young (and blessedly short) police career. Nothing like having a sailor crashing out in the brig because he had swallowed his crack upon bust but being too bombed to yack it up at the first opportunity. Luckily our squad's CO had seen it before and was able to begin administering the first aid that would eventually save the young man's life once the medics showed up. It was a near thing though.
Occhidiangela,Apr 18 2005, 10:41 AM Wrote:Nice bit by Hunter S, thanks.  Did you know that Mr Gonzo himself shot himself not too long ago?  Bad trip, one might say.

Guess he'd had enough.  Dead at either 68 or 69, up around Colorado ways.

Occhi
[right][snapback]74330[/snapback][/right]

Yeah. I know. He died a blantant hypocrite.

He had always stated that suicide was a chicken**** way to die.

Must have been pretty awful, for him to do himself in like that, knowing that his own written word would remain to haunt his actions.
All alone, or in twos,
The ones who really love you
Walk up and down outside the wall.
Some hand in hand
And some gathered together in bands.
The bleeding hearts and artists
Make their stand.

And when they've given you their all
Some stagger and fall, after all it's not easy
Banging your heart against some mad buggers wall.

"Isn't this where...."
Doc,Apr 18 2005, 10:43 AM Wrote:Yeah. I know. He died a blantant hypocrite.

He had always stated that suicide was a chicken**** way to die.

Must have been pretty awful, for him to do himself in like that, knowing that his own written word would remain to haunt his actions.
[right][snapback]74339[/snapback][/right]

Something tells me, Doc, that when he made the decision to end it all, he did not much care what he had said in younger, more vigorous days. A warning to us all as we age . . . make sure you have someone to talk to, you may need them to talk you out of doing something irreversible down the road.

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Occhidiangela,Apr 18 2005, 12:32 PM Wrote:Something tells me, Doc, that when he made the decision to end it all, he did not much care what he had said in younger, more vigorous days.  A warning to us all as we age . . . make sure you have someone to talk to, you may need them to talk you out of doing something irreversible down the road.

Occhi
[right][snapback]74341[/snapback][/right]

He was on the phone with his wife when he did it. She agreed with his decision. He stuck the gun in his mouth and pulled the trigger.

He was in a lot of pain, and all he had to look forward to was more pain. What an awful way to go.

Note to self... If I ever wanted to die in a spectacular fashion, detonate personal ammo dump.
All alone, or in twos,
The ones who really love you
Walk up and down outside the wall.
Some hand in hand
And some gathered together in bands.
The bleeding hearts and artists
Make their stand.

And when they've given you their all
Some stagger and fall, after all it's not easy
Banging your heart against some mad buggers wall.

"Isn't this where...."