Patch 1.3.1 (2005-03-29)
Boutros,Mar 29 2005, 08:46 PM Wrote:I can't get to the OS to see if Tich is one of the afflicted realms, but I just tried to log on and got a queue of 500.  :(  We haven't had any queues on Tichondrius in quite a while. I hope this gets sorted out in short order, I'm about to hit 60!
[right][snapback]72367[/snapback][/right]
Tal ICQ'd me early telling me there was a queue on Terenas! Terenas! Even at the beginning of release, there hasn't been a queue on Terenas that I can remember. Bad, bad things going on right now.

Edit: Out of curiosity, I fired up WoW, tried to get on any of my 5 servers. All the ones that were up, were queued. Tried all two of the realms listed as low pop and they had queues too. Crazy, crazy things.
Intolerant monkey.
Boutros,Mar 29 2005, 09:46 PM Wrote:I can't get to the OS to see if Tich is one of the afflicted realms, but I just tried to log on and got a queue of 500.  :(  We haven't had any queues on Tichondrius in quite a while. I hope this gets sorted out in short order, I'm about to hit 60!
[right][snapback]72367[/snapback][/right]

Was on an alternate server yesterday and tonight (Dethecus). Yesterday: not many other players, pretty sparse. Tonight: Overloaded with players that came from realms that were down. Raids full of level 1s storming around. Guild with the name "My Servers Down". I think all the extra load from them killed the server.

I wouldn't worry too much about problems on the servers that are up tonight. Too many players that will never go there again. Tommorow is when you should worry :unsure:
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
My main is on Malygos, which relatively speaking, has been a paragon of stability and availability so far. It was one of the realms hit by the name check bug.

The "45 minute emergency maintenance" is now stretching beyond the 5 hour mark.

Chris
Quark,Mar 29 2005, 09:06 PM Wrote:Was on an alternate server yesterday and tonight (Dethecus).  Yesterday: not many other players, pretty sparse.  Tonight: Overloaded with players that came from realms that were down.  Raids full of level 1s storming around.  Guild with the name "My Servers Down".  I think all the extra load from them killed the server.[right][snapback]72370[/snapback][/right]
I think about half the PvP servers have "The Servers are Down" guilds or something with a very similar name. I've seen one on Firetree, and my friend started another one somewhere else (can't recall, maybe it was Dethecus).

Queue lines on all the servers are horrendous tonight, as far as I could tell...I've had 200+ waits three times tonight following three disconnects.
Icebird,Mar 30 2005, 12:22 AM Wrote:My main is on Malygos, which relatively speaking, has been a paragon of stability and availability so far. It  was one of the realms hit by the name check bug.

The "45 minute emergency maintenance" is now stretching beyond the 5 hour mark.

Chris
[right][snapback]72382[/snapback][/right]

Not quite as bad as 8 hour maintainance going well into 16 hours for Stormrage.

Especially bad considering "hourly updates" turned into "no updates" :(
Stormrage
Raelynn - Gnome Warlock - Herbalism/Alchemy
Markuun - Tauren Shaman - Skinning/Leatherworking
Aredead - Undead Mage - Tailoring/Enchanting

Dethecus
Gutzmek - Orc Shaman - Skinning/Leatherworking
Treesh,Mar 29 2005, 11:04 PM Wrote:Tal ICQ'd me early telling me there was a queue on Terenas!  Terenas!  Even at the beginning of release, there hasn't been a queue on Terenas that I can remember.  Bad, bad things going on right now.

Edit: Out of curiosity, I fired up WoW, tried to get on any of my 5 servers. All the ones that were up, were queued.  Tried all two of the realms listed as low pop and they had queues too.  Crazy, crazy things.
[right][snapback]72369[/snapback][/right]
When Stormrage was down, I tried logging into every available realm (I guess there were around 15 of them) and every single one had queues in the 400-500 range.

Just imagine five hundred other enraged geeks waiting for their fix... then imagine a Blizzard tech in the middle of the pack trying to explain why they can't do anything right.

Reminds me of Troika. Greyhawk was an excellent game, but it was permeated by horrendous bugs. I guess the story was pretty plain too, but that wasn't their fault. WoW is much the same. Awesome game, but sometimes you can't play it.
The error occurred on line -1.