Altitis
If you're here chances are you've already got it.

While waiting for the new patch to download I decided it was time to address a problem that has been plaguing me for quite some time. Everytime I go to log on to WoW I'm confronted by a barage of choices of what toon to play. I've played every class at this point and I must say that I enjoy all of them with only a few qualms with certain classes. This means that of my 6 characters on Stormrage I'm readily willing to play 5 of them at any given logon. My problem however doesn't reside in choosing which character to log on.

The problem I'm having is with focus. Arethor is finally getting pretty old at 42 but he's starting to lose his luster compared to the shiny new alts begging for attention. He's sat more than he's adventured recently and I think it's due to a few hurdles.

1. Slow leveling/questing: Levels and quests are beginning to take a lot longer to complete. Quest-time seems to be increasing exponentially while soloing for each consecutive quest.

2. The world is becoming too large: I'm one who's liked to hunker down in a zone for a number of levels trying to complete all the quests in the zone before moving on. I've found this to become increasingly less efficient as quests are regularly ferrying me to somewhere on the opposite end of the world. This leads me to my next issue.

3. Travel time: The time to get between continents and different zones is just entirely too frustrating to me most of the time. This time is significantly reduced with the use of my mount and a hearth stone set to Menethil, but the distance between like-level zones and quest-related areas is a bit broad at times. I understand Blizzard's reasoning but at times it gets to me.

4. Gryphons and Ironforge: I know my computer I play WoW on isn't the best machine available, but it surpasses the minimum specs. However anytime I want to use a Gryphon or even step one foot through the door of IF I might as well go make a cup of tea. While on a gryphon my screen will regularly refresh only 4 or 5 times and about 1/3 of the time when the screen finally shows I've landed I'm already AFK. When walking in IF I have regular lag spikes that cause me to spin in circles, fall into the ever-annoying chasm by the bank/AH (which i think should be removed entirely). To travel from the front gate to Tinker Town can take up to 10 minutes and it's the same going from Tinker Town to the gryphon master. Also about 1/2 of the time when I land in IF the system hangs up so much that I'll actually crash. I understand this is probably partly due to me only having 512 RAM and running it on a laptop with a Pentium M chip but as I said, I do surpass the minimum specifications. This however also increases my travel time as some places force you to travel through IF as there are no direct gryphon routes.

5. Variety: I believe that variety is the spice of life and with how different each of the classes are I regularly find myself wanting to play "X" class because I feel like doing "Y" Example: I want to play my Priest because I feel like being a healbot for a while. or I want to play my Rogue because I'm feeling like a DPS Monkey. This causes me to swap characters fairly regularly too.

I realize this may have kinda turned into a rant of things about WoW that bother me, but I think they're the major contributors to my severe case of altitis. I've even noticed a major decrease in the amount of time I've spent playing my 28 Rogue whom up till around this point I couldn't get enough of. I'm afraid that each of my alts will Hit the Wall ™ and will fall by the wayside getting only occasional play as I build up another alt to the 30's.

I don't see alts as a bad thing at all, in fact I encourage them. They're the only way to fully experience the game. But right now i'm feeling like I'm stuck in neutral. It feels like I'm making no progress. Am I to be forever stuck in Mid-game?

Edit: After finally getting the patch installed i logged in with minimal addons enabled and performance became many times better even with a laggy server (confirmed by other lurkers) so perhaps that will help the performance issues a little bit. I'm going to try and be a minimalist as far as addons go from now on.
Currently enjoying liberating the land of Sanctuary

[Image: arethor.jpg]
Stormrage - US (Inactive)
I do the same thing exactly. And worse off, I do it across two or more different servers.

For example, most of my play is horde on Gorefiend. I've had lots of fun tanking instances for my caster friends with my new warrior over there. But then, since I've been playing on Stormrage and Tichondrius recently as well, if I want to continue my tanking practice, then either I start a new warrior on each server, or I just stop playing on Stormrage and Tichondrius. And since there are people I like to talk to on the two servers, I don't want to do that.

As it is now, I've got two hunters, two warriors and two mages because of this. Not to mention one of every other class (including both shaman and paladin).

So far the wall seems to be level 30. Possibly a side-effect of mostly playing horde. At about level 29, I kinda run out of fun and interesting quests to do in horde areas. Basically, either I could go do the green quests in Hillsbrad I never bothered with (too many random raids there to get much done, usually), or do the remaining 30, 31, 32 quests in Thousand Needles or Stranglethorn. Never could come up with much more.

I've asked some higher level friends on Gorefiend, and they agree that about level 30 is kind of a slow spot, where all the fun stuff is either just too high or just too low. But if all I've got is quests I don't like, obnoxiously easy quests, or quests to kamikaze against repeatedly, then I'm probably not gonna play that character as much.

Something of a stumbling spot, it seems.
Just a quick note while they do emergency maintenance on the login server.

My advice would be to, if at all possible, bring your machine up to 1gig memory. When I did that, the game really bloomed. I was able to turn up the graphics settings which enhanced the experience of running around. It also mostly ended the hard drive thrashing when changing areas, especially when flying in. I do get a bit annoyed at the long flight time on some flight paths, but I try to use them to take bio-breaks, etc. Also, as some of your alts get higher and higher, you might get to a point where the alt becomes intriguing enough to carry you through to end game. Even if it doesn't happen, no worries as long as you are still having fun.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
I too have the affliction. but I swear I am doing better.
As a unique solution I wonder if a contest amongst ourselves might help. Such as every Lurker on a particular server chips in, and the 1st to hit level 60 wins the pot. The higher the level you start at the more you chip in at the beginning. Or we put your name in grafitti on the walls of Shadowfang or something.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtmlWbJ-1vgb3aJmW4DJ7...NntmKgW8Cp]
Arethor,Mar 22 2005, 10:00 PM Wrote:If you're here chances are you've already got it.[right][snapback]71594[/snapback][/right]

*hides her sig*

I have no idea what you are talking about. Altitis? Sounds painful. ;)

Arethor,Mar 22 2005, 10:00 PM Wrote:The problem I'm having is with focus.  Arethor is finally getting pretty old at 42 but he's starting to lose his luster compared to the shiny new alts begging for attention.  He's sat more than he's adventured recently and I think it's due to a few hurdles.[right][snapback]71594[/snapback][/right]

Aleri is actually becoming more fun at 42, but that's because she and Gnolack are doing more things with these two silly mages along for the ride. ;) Anytime you are on with any of your alts, you give me a holler. I'm sure I've got something around just about any level character of yours. It really is a lot of fun to play with good people rather than soloing all the time. Soloing can be fun too though, but you don't always want to solo. You give me a holler and if I'm not in an instance or doing elite quests with people, I'll come running with someone.

Arethor,Mar 22 2005, 10:00 PM Wrote:1. Slow leveling/questing: Levels and quests are beginning to take a lot longer to complete.  Quest-time seems to be increasing exponentially while soloing for each consecutive quest.[right][snapback]71594[/snapback][/right]

This is part of the reason for my offer. Most quests go quicker in a group (except for the collection quests). Duoing is pretty darn efficient in terms of time and experience.

Arethor,Mar 22 2005, 10:00 PM Wrote:2. The world is becoming too large:  I'm one who's liked to hunker down in a zone for a number of levels trying to complete all the quests in the zone before moving on.  I've found this to become increasingly less efficient as quests are regularly ferrying me to somewhere on the opposite end of the world.[right][snapback]71594[/snapback][/right]
I hear you on this one. GG and I like to setup camp in one region for a while, but we've been forced to adjust this playstyle a bit the higher up we go. We usually still stay in one area for a good length of time and then spend a day doing the straggling quests that take us here, there, and everywhere. Yeah, that one day is a bit boring and tedious, but in the long run it's more fun for us to just have one day that's slow rather than every day.

Arethor,Mar 22 2005, 10:00 PM Wrote:5. Variety: I believe that variety is the spice of life and with how different each of the classes are I regularly find myself wanting to play "X" class because I feel like doing "Y"  Example: I want to play my Priest because I feel like being a healbot for a while.  or  I want to play my Rogue because I'm feeling like a DPS Monkey.  This causes me to swap characters fairly regularly too.[right][snapback]71594[/snapback][/right]
Yep. I know how this goes too. :D I'm really glad that Blizzard has managed to make the classes play distinctly differently. If I want to wail on things up close and personal and be pretty hard to take down? Play my Tauren warrior (she gets lots of presents from those higher up since we have no higher level characters on Terenas who can wear mail so she's pretty darn impressive). If I want to wail on things from far away and play reckless when I'm solo, time to break out the mage! Pepperi is amazingly gung-ho and fearless. She hit the 10 minute res sickness back in Loch Modan, iirc. Don't worry people, she's mainly just for solo play so I don't get anyone else killed with her. ;) If I want to wail on things from far away, but be safe, bring out the hunter! Any hunter. ;) I love having all the different choices so I can match my mood and almost always have a lot of fun playing. The only character that I don't really get is the pally. The names of the seals just don't match in my mind the things that they can do when on a party member or being judged so I get confused about what seal/judge for what situation. Something about it just doesn't click with me so that's my least played character (she's also part of the short squad who haven't gotten together in a long time).

Now that I've made at least one of all the classes and one of all the races, my altitis has simmered down a bit. The duplicates are there for when I want to play a class that's duoed with GG so I don't want to get ahead of him. And also, I wanted to have every class a Tauren can be and every class a Gnome can be. I ended up with quite a few warriors. :)
Intolerant monkey.
Arethor,Mar 22 2005, 09:00 PM Wrote:If you're here chances are you've already got it.

I don't see alts as a bad thing at all, in fact I encourage them.  They're the only way to fully experience the game. But right now i'm feeling like I'm stuck in neutral.  It feels like I'm making no progress.  Am I to be forever stuck in Mid-game?
[right][snapback]71594[/snapback][/right]
Yes. :P

Actually, I'm finding that 7 is about the perfect number of alts to be woring on. (7!!?! Sav, have you never heard of a main?) I'm currently actively leveling 6-7 alts and what that's meant is that I always have someone who's got close to their max amount of rest Exp. In fact, on a fairly regular basis I'm chewing through an hour with a character to eat up some of their rest exp so they don't hit the cap and start losing it.

The result is that I have 6-7 guys who are leveling up at double speed. What's more, by the time the last of the batch goes through a particular area, you've got the mechanics down so you can clear it out much faster than the earlier attempts. And at the same time, you pretty much always have someone with close to max rest exp waiting for the marathon weekend sessions. If someone in my guild wants to do anything from Uldaman to VC, I probably have someone ready to go who needs those quests.

The thing that keeps me awake at night, however, is the frightening concept of 4 characters all needing mount money at exactly the same time!!
Arethor,Mar 22 2005, 11:00 PM Wrote:If you're here chances are you've already got it.[right][snapback]71594[/snapback][/right]
Altitis? What's that? Oh yeah, my 12 characters on Stormrage and Terenas...

Arethor,Mar 22 2005, 11:00 PM Wrote:The problem I'm having is with focus.  Arethor is finally getting pretty old at 42 but he's starting to lose his luster compared to the shiny new alts begging for attention.  He's sat more than he's adventured recently and I think it's due to a few hurdles.

1. Slow leveling/questing: Levels and quests are beginning to take a lot longer to complete.  Quest-time seems to be increasing exponentially while soloing for each consecutive quest.[right][snapback]71594[/snapback][/right]
This is indeed a fact of the game, and it's a result of the increase in monster power relative to their level that Blizzard implemented fairly late in beta because they felt they had to balance mobs a bit higher. This was because players, having a huge range of skills to use by that time and being more familiar with their characters, would need more challenge, and that's true. But it also makes soloing take longer. The fact remains that grouping up is much more enjoyable, and I've found that two-player groups for non-instance questing are the MOST enjoyable way to play the game by far. Two players doesn't add a lot of overhead (long bio-breaks needed for everyone, communication issues) and you can each cover the other's back.

Arethor,Mar 22 2005, 11:00 PM Wrote:2. The world is becoming too large:  I'm one who's liked to hunker down in a zone for a number of levels trying to complete all the quests in the zone before moving on.  I've found this to become increasingly less efficient as quests are regularly ferrying me to somewhere on the opposite end of the world.[right][snapback]71594[/snapback][/right]
Unfortunately you'll need to shed yourself of the "hunker down" attitude, because it just gets "worse" as you get older - the quests in the 50's will make you a steady world traveler. You will at most get 3-4 quests that you can do in a particular spot at a time with few exceptions. You'll find yourself plotting out your travel routes around the globe in order to get the most done per unit of time and minimize the travelling.

Arethor,Mar 22 2005, 11:00 PM Wrote:3. Travel time: The time to get between continents and different zones is just entirely too frustrating to me most of the time.  This time is significantly reduced with the use of my mount and a hearth stone set to Menethil, but the distance between like-level zones and quest-related areas is a bit broad at times.  I understand Blizzard's reasoning but at times it gets to me.[right][snapback]71594[/snapback][/right]
What gets to me isn't so much the travel time, but the silly restrictions on flight paths. Take the Alliance for example - WHY is there no Gadgetzan to Feralas flight path? WHY is there no Ironforge to Plaguelands (West OR East) flightpath? WHY is there no Stormwind to Burning Steppes flight path? And so on and so on. It's pure extra tedium to do flight-path-hopping that is completely unnecessary. Sure, give me the travel time - I can do something else while I'm in the air - but don't make me have to hop around on indirect flights.

Arethor,Mar 22 2005, 11:00 PM Wrote:5. Variety: I believe that variety is the spice of life and with how different each of the classes are I regularly find myself wanting to play "X" class because I feel like doing "Y"  Example: I want to play my Priest because I feel like being a healbot for a while.  or  I want to play my Rogue because I'm feeling like a DPS Monkey.  This causes me to swap characters fairly regularly too.[right][snapback]71594[/snapback][/right]
I hear you there! I took my Priest to 60 because I just really love that class, but now that she's there I want to do something different. Jumping on with my Rogue is like a blast of cold air - WOAH! I can KILL THINGS FAST! :) I enjoy playing my 31 Warrior because after being the healer for so long, I love taking the opposite end of the spectrum and being the tank. Etc. I just can't handle playing the same character in the same instances over and over and over, drives me nuts.

Arethor,Mar 22 2005, 11:00 PM Wrote:I don't see alts as a bad thing at all, in fact I encourage them.  They're the only way to fully experience the game. But right now i'm feeling like I'm stuck in neutral.  It feels like I'm making no progress.  Am I to be forever stuck in Mid-game?[right][snapback]71594[/snapback][/right]

Well, once you have a char of each class set up, which I gather you do, you should really work on building them up. Think of them as your "army." The really nice thing about having so many characters is that once you get them all up into instance-running levels, you'll have someone ready for almost any instance of the game at any time - and when someone shouts "anyone want to do X," you're ready! I'm trying to get to that point myself.

So hold off making new chars, and build up that legion. There are some serious advantages to having lots of alts, at least one of each class, some of which you already touched on:

1) Extreme variety. Play your Flavor of the Day whenever you want, get your fix, and then move on to another. The game stays fresh, and you avoid the "gee, what do I do now" level-capped doldrums. This is enhanced by playing both Horde AND Alliance, so you see all the quests on one side that you missed on the other. Add to that the fact that there's no way you could have done all the quests with one char, so you can go to areas you kind of skipped over on other chars.

2) Rest state. This is pretty big, actually. For any particular character I happen to be playing, 10 others (cause one's level capped) are gaining rest state. I *LOVE* rest state, and the difference between playing in normal mode and rest mode is staggering. You earn DOUBLE the exp for monster kills in rest state mode, and when playing in rest state the game's levels seem to zip by. Ding, level. Ding, level. "Woah, that was fast," you'll think.

Add to this that the higher your character level, the more effective rest state is and the even LARGER impact it has. This is because as you gain in level, the number of kills needed per experience "bubble" grows. If you have 20 bubbles of rest state experience, that will last significantly longer at level 50 than level 20. I know that by the time I'd get to level 58-59, even those 2 1/2 bubbles of rest state gained by stopping at an inn overnight would carry me for the first 1 1/2 to 2 hours of gaming the next night! That's a *lot* of extra experience gain, and it shows by making the game seem like less of a grind. If going out and doing a collection quest winds up giving you 3 bubbles of exp instead of 1 1/2 from the monsters alone, you'll feel like you're accomplishing something.

Once you have enough characters, you can easily go a full 10 days between playing sessions of any particular one character. You'll be playing under rest state almost *all* of the time unless you really focus on one of your chars for a while, especially as they all get higher in level.

3) Cross-tradeskills. Most every profession will require goods used/made by another profession at some point, and, well, no need to hit the auction house or ask around for them, if your alt army can make them.

4) Being a better player. Knowing how each class is played will make you a *much* better overall player than someone who's only experienced 2 or 3 classes. So much discussion on these boards lately has centered on how the tanks and healers operate in a party, and that's because there's so many players have not played the classes involved and need to know how to work with them. Nothing beats in-game experience. :)

5) When it's all said and done, you'll have many more gaming choices than the one or two char player who has played their 60's for so long that they're sick of it all. I figure that, even at my sometimes ridiculous leveling rate, it would take me 3 1/2 to 4 YEARS to get 12 characters to level 60. Not that I realistically plan on doing that, but theoretically it's possible. In the end, I'll have lots of great chars to play, and I won't have burned out on the game as some are already who have been playing their capped players for so long that it's become pure tedium. Plus, with your char levels spread out, you'll have played with many more players than just the 60's crowd could offer. Some Lurkers won't have a level 60 until a full year or more has gone by, and you'd be forced to wait for them to play with them? Nah.

My big problem with all my alts is that I now feel like every minute I'm playing my capped Priest is a minute I COULD be using leveling up my alts. So I feel even LESS desire to play my 60 now than I would if I had just 2 or 3 chars. That's no fun to some of the new-60's I've been playing with all this time as we "climbed the ladder," but such is the way of things for me, I guess. The only time I want to play my 60 now is to do a quest of some kind, so no zerg-fest raids of the high-end instances for me!

Arethor,Mar 22 2005, 11:00 PM Wrote:I'm going to try and be a minimalist as far as addons go from now on.[right][snapback]71594[/snapback][/right]
Broken record mode - I can't keep recommending CTMod enough. Small memory footprint, you can download only the parts of it you want, and doesn't blow your install up on each patch. Well coded software with no bloat, and does all the major things people want out of a mod. Cosmos was the first major mod out for WoW, so it's the most popular - but CTMod is being used more and more by the elite players, and there's a good reason for it.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
I have a lot of alts, but when it comes down to it there are only 2 chars I play regularly right now. Still, having made it to level cap a while ago I might have a few points to add.

Arethor,Mar 22 2005, 11:00 PM Wrote:Slow leveling/questing

Treesh mentioned in another post the idea of duoing and Bolty echoed that comment. I'd like to echo it yet again. Duoing is ridiculously fun and highly efficient. I have spent many a night duoing with Lochnar as the two of us have a tendency to be the last Lurkers on on any given night :whistling: He gives us the dps that my priest is lacking and I provide the healing to minimize deaths. With water in tow we can move along fairly quickly and even take out many elite monsters of similar levels fairly well. It's honestly been a while since we were duoing before we capped but I remember it being an excellent way to work.

I would recommend trying to find another player or two around your level and try to hook up with them. With any luck Galreth might catch Arethor soon and then you'll have someone to run around with :P

Arethor,Mar 22 2005, 11:00 PM Wrote:The world is becoming too large
Travel time

I'm going to lump these together a bit. In here it really helps to have experience with the quests. You will gain this experience the first time you run through them with a char and then you can use that experience for the second, third, fourth, etc. ones. My levelling speed in some areas with my second char was so much faster than my frist time through.

Once you get a feel for how the quests are set up you can actually set up shop in areas more often than you'd think. You can wait to shuttle around the world once you build up a list of shuttling quests. This is again similar to what Treesh mentioned. At Arethor's level he is very close to being able to sit in Tanaris for a while if he so desires. If you take into account the quests in both Gadgetzan and Steemwheedle that could keep you occupied for quite some time.

Once you learn more efficient orders to do some quests in you can lessen travel times. Knowing where to get all of the outside quests for an area and then what shuttle quests you will get within an area helps immensly. Some zones are better than others for shuttling and you learn this. Tanaris can keep you there for a while, Hinterlands is mostly just a shuttle stop (with a task to do while you are stopped). Of course you will find out soon enough that the two of them are linked :) Knowing when to go take the shuttle helps save time and as others have mentioned flights are good for breaks. Multi-hop flights are a bit annoying as Bolty mentioned.

The other thing that can help a lot is where you set your hearthstone:

Arethor,Mar 22 2005, 11:00 PM Wrote:Gryphons and Ironforge

This is a big pain and I've actually seen your computer work so I know what you are talking about. For a lot of Flyn's adult life he was hearthed to IF as it stands as a solid hub for all of EK travel. Some people like Menethil because you are closer to the boats but my philosophy is that Menethil is only a short hop away from IF and it's a lot less flexible for flying around EK. If you can find a way to improve your computer situation then IF is a good hearth point for a lot of the time. If you are questing a lot in a certain area (or really want to shorten a return shuttle trip, note this will mess you up for your next shuttle trip probably though) resetting your hearth to that area might help. Some of the hop times are long but I'm pretty sure you can reach almost any flight path (only one I can think of that you can't is the new one in Silithus) in three hops from IF. That's not too bad as a central point for your travels. Mage friends with portals are always nice too :)

Arethor,Mar 22 2005, 11:00 PM Wrote:Variety

I'm not as qualified to make points here. As I said I've only really played two chars a lot (and I've dabbled in the paladin a bit in OB and with my third highest char now). Still, if one character is getting a bit stale just move on. A few weeks after Flyn hit cap he got a bit stale and zerg raids were not appealing to me. I basically shelved him for almost a month. When I came back I started going back to a lot of the quests he hadn't done (yes, a capped character can still have many many quests undone) and raiding was more fresh again. I've been questing in the Plaguelands for the last week or so and I still haven't finished it all. And one of these days I'll be able to pull 4 others together to 5-man Scarlet Strat. If Flyn ever gets stale I can just switch back to Galreth who will be rested up again after he gained almost all of level 36 in one day questing in the Shimmering Flats with full rested bonus.

I think the important thing is that you continue to enjoy the game. Different people find their enjoyment in different areas and you really have to go with what works for you. Altitis is certainly not a bad thing. At least you can avoid the 60g fee for joining the 60 club [Mentat can avoid this by bringing 9 arcane crystals for our enchanter's rods; or even better yet 3 arcanite rods] ;)

- mjdoom

Edit: Fixed quote tags
Stormrage:
Flyndar (60) - Dwarf Priest - Tailoring (300), Enchanting (300)
Minimagi (60) - Gnome Mage - Herbalism (300), Engineering (301)
Galreth (60) - Human Warrior - Blacksmithing (300), Alchemy (300); Critical Mass by name, Lurker in spirit
ArynWindborn (19) - Human Paladin - Mining/Engineering (121)
mjdoom,Mar 23 2005, 12:40 PM Wrote:I have spent many a night duoing with Lochnar as the two of us have a tendency to be the last Lurkers on on any given night  :whistling:
[right][snapback]71669[/snapback][/right]
Oh sure, you could have said "duoing with Lochnar because he's such a swell guy" or "duoing with Lochnar because he's got 1337 5k!11z" but noooo! You duoed with Lochnar because he was the only Lurker option left. At least it puts me one step above pubbie. ;) :P
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
Loch I've duoed with you before too and trust me you're well above pubbie.... although I do remember it being some obscene hour of the night too. :P

As to everyone else, thanks for the suggestions and input. Some of it reinforced ideas i already had and some of it gave me a slightly different view on certain things or some helpful advice, or even a big ball of the whole grab bag.

What I find funny is yesterday I had an overwhelming desire to play my main, and with an SM run getting together that was amplified even more. Unfortunately the run fell apart for technical reasons, so I went to my priest alt because there was talk of a VC run and I'm sure you all have heard by now Zane still needs VC's head. So I switched over and helped Aryn a.k.a. Flyn get all the prequests out of the way. By then it was quite late however so a VC run wasn't possible.

The whole time i had a hankering to go back to my main, so that's what I did. Let me tell you, when i hit 43 it was like a cleansing rush of refreshing spring water. I turned in at the end of the night wanting to continue, but knowing the next step was a gryphon/boat/gryphon ride that would've kept me up even later and I wasn't up to it. But after only 5 hours of sleep I couldn't wait to log back on and go full force with my main.

So apparently I hijacked my own thread to talk about what i did last night but I guess the underlying story is that I do love my alts and have fun with them and some of you may be the first to 60, or the first to have 2 60's, but who knows maybe I'll be the first with an army of 60's? :D I think there are actually a few in line ahead of me but it's a goal to shoot for. But for now I'm going in game to go get Arethor up to 45 by the end of today :)

Edit:Pubbie, Pebble, it's all the same
Currently enjoying liberating the land of Sanctuary

[Image: arethor.jpg]
Stormrage - US (Inactive)
Arethor,Mar 23 2005, 12:00 AM Wrote:If you're here chances are you've already got it.

...yeah, so, I started a dorf priest last night...

And the entire 45 minutes I spent pounding him up to level 6, I was trying to think of what I'd like to do with a druid, warlock, and pally.

I think, having gotten to 60 once, I might never actually manage to get to the point where I need to buy a mount for an alt. I keep wanting to try new stuff. Heh.
Darian Redwin - just some dude now
Darian,Mar 24 2005, 06:55 PM Wrote:...yeah, so, I started a dorf priest last night...
[right][snapback]71803[/snapback][/right]
Minor pet peeve moment - the damn things are not "dorfs". They are dwarfs. Hate seeing "dorf" on the official WoW boards, even heard rumors of some dev/cm/gm calling them that. Still hate it.

There, rant over. ;)
Intolerant monkey.
Treesh,Mar 24 2005, 10:49 PM Wrote:Minor pet peeve moment - the damn things are not "dorfs".  They are dwarfs.  Hate seeing "dorf" on the official WoW boards, even heard rumors of some dev/cm/gm calling them that.  Still hate it.

There, rant over. ;)
[right][snapback]71816[/snapback][/right]

Oh, phbbtbtbt! "Dorf" is... ummm... errr... a term of endearment, yeah, that's it!

(Besides, they're dwarves!) ;D
Darian Redwin - just some dude now
Darian,Mar 25 2005, 11:08 AM Wrote:(Besides, they're dwarves!)  ;D
[right][snapback]71846[/snapback][/right]

Well, if you take Tolkien's take on it, they're called dwarfs I believe :P
"Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards, and seal the hushed casket of my soul" - John Keats, "To Sleep"
Darian,Mar 25 2005, 01:08 AM Wrote:Oh, phbbtbtbt!  "Dorf" is... ummm... errr... a term of endearment, yeah, that's it!

(Besides, they're dwarves!)  ;D
[right][snapback]71846[/snapback][/right]

Either spelling is considered correct.

And they are forever dorfs to me; silly, silly dorfs.

Edit: Meh, the rest wasn't as funny as it was in my head.
"AND THEN THE PALADIN TOOK MY EYES!"
Forever oppressed by the GOLs.
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek
I've been afflicted with altitis for nearly every game I have played. In all honesty, I restarted Baldur's Gate II fifty times. Sound crazy? It is an underestimate.

However, I have defeated my demons in WoW. When I started Zippyy (my warlock, for those of you who don't frequent Stormrage) I was happily plodding along a path in Elwynn forest, when I got the all-too-familiar feeling that X class would be so much better than a warlock. Just as I was about to log out and reroll, I was hit with a sudden inspiration. I thought "#$%& me, I'm going to stick with this class until the bitter end." Now, quite uncharacteristicly of me, Zippyy is level 42, and my second highest character is 13, instead of 42 characters with the highest being 13.

I feel liberated :)
The error occurred on line -1.
Treesh,Mar 24 2005, 10:49 PM Wrote:Hate seeing "dorf" on the official WoW boards, even heard rumors of some dev/cm/gm calling them that.  Still hate it.
Hate sentence fragments.

Kidding, don't hit me :)
The error occurred on line -1.
Zippyy,Mar 27 2005, 01:27 AM Wrote:Hate sentence fragments.

Kidding, don't hit me :)
[right][snapback]72020[/snapback][/right]
Urge to kill: rising.

;) :D
Intolerant monkey.
TaiDaishar,Mar 25 2005, 02:39 AM Wrote:Well, if you take Tolkien's take on it, they're called dwarfs I believe :P

Dwarfs is the correct spelling. It was Disney who made the incorrect spelling, "dwarves," popular -- perhaps popular enough that it became a "correct spelling."
But it's called "wolves", not "wolfs". "knives", not "knifes". Why is dwarves different?