First Impressions of the Patch
MongoJerry,Mar 23 2005, 04:46 PM Wrote:Yeah, no kidding.  I expected the loot to get more powerful.  That's obviously going to happen from now until, well, as long as the game is around.  But I was hoping for some interesting encounters -- at least with the final bosses.  They did such a good job of creating interesting encounters with the other high level instances that I'm grossly disappointed that nothing in Dire Maul was that way.  It was all just tank, heal, and kill.  Very little thought is needed.
[right][snapback]71714[/snapback][/right]
The Satyr boss with the sacrifice slab was fun. When our group encountered him last night we were 1 short (mage's cable connection went out 20 minutes before), so the boss stayed alive long enough for us to see his tricks. The fight ended with a druid & priest lying dead on the slab (healing the boss as they died), one priest alive and nearly out of mana, and my warrior rapidly dumping 8 executes to finish the fight.

Goes back to the age old wisdom: when in search of challenge, try the encounter with fewer players than reccomended. :P
maybe that challenge's supposed to be outside the instance =p

was watching my brother play on kiljaden (pvp server) as he ran through the area. Don't think i've seen such a mess of scattered fighting and dead bodies lol
liffuie,Mar 23 2005, 07:08 PM Wrote:was watching my brother play on kiljaden (pvp server) as he ran through the area.    Don't think i've seen such a mess of scattered fighting and dead bodies lol

Oh, yeah, no kidding! The place is huge, you can't mount there, and there are several choke points that people have to go through. It's massive carnage everywhere just to get to the instance on a PvP server.
I finally did get on yesterday.
Again today I am having trouble logging in.
Yesterday and today I have been eperiencing lag--On Terenas for goodness sakes! I can only attribute this to the wonderful new patch as I have never had persistent lag on Terenas before which significantly affects my performance in combat on Terenas.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtmlWbJ-1vgb3aJmW4DJ7...NntmKgW8Cp]
Quark,Mar 23 2005, 09:12 PM Wrote:Aww, I feel so sorry for you.
[right][snapback]71717[/snapback][/right]

Yeah. I guess it's back to the old turf wars in Gadgetzan and Everlook.
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
Just got around to playing my warrior after the patch... wow. I knew the changes were going to be very nice, but they turned out to be much better than I'd imagined.

I spec'd MS with improved overpower, and use a slow 2h. The full rage generated when an opponent blocks/dodges/parries is so great. If they dodged, I get to use overpower for a net gain of 5 rage.

The ability to overpower after a special attack is dodged makes a huge difference as well.

For my build, these were the two changes that had the biggest impact. The rest of the buffs are sweet icing. :D
Less QQ more Pew Pew
Malakar,Mar 27 2005, 05:51 AM Wrote:The ability to overpower after a special attack is dodged makes a huge difference as well.
[right][snapback]72024[/snapback][/right]

Agreed. Makes fighting rogues a little bit easier; if they dodge the MS, they get slammed with an overpower crit. If they don't dodge the MS, well, they die on the spot.

Now all we need is a buff to Rend, and I think we'll be set :)

Bloodthirst could use a little tweaking, too. I don't think it's really good enough for a 31-point skill, compared to MS or Shield Discipline.
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
Artega,Mar 27 2005, 01:56 PM Wrote:Agreed.  Makes fighting rogues a little bit easier; if they dodge the MS, they get slammed with an overpower crit.  If they don't dodge the MS, well, they die on the spot.

Now all we need is a buff to Rend, and I think we'll be set :)

Bloodthirst could use a little tweaking, too.  I don't think it's really good enough for a 31-point skill, compared to MS or Shield Discipline.
[right][snapback]72045[/snapback][/right]

Yeah, the rage gen on my 32 warrior, mace/shield, flat rocks now. The overpower-on-spec-attack-dodge rocks, too. Nailed a rogue or two with it, and a couple mobs that dodged execute got an overpower crit in the face instead. (I've got improved overpower and cruelty)

Got a 460 execute crit with a full rage bar on Nek'rosh yesterday, which is 100 damage higher than anything before the patch. And that's with a blue 1h mace, not a big 2-hander.

--Mav