Help me compile a list of films
If you can find it I'd definatly say pick up "Flight of Dragons." Animation style is the same as the animated version of "The Hobbit" (another obvious recomendation, though the scenes with the spiders and possibly smaug may be a bit much for very little ones) and its got just a fantastic story. Others...I loved Bedknobs and Broomsticks, Marry Poppins, and The Sword and the Stone when I was a youngster. Hmm...tough calls trying to say which one of all the old movies was the best. still, I'd go with any of the above.
"You can build a perfect machine out of imperfect parts."
-Urza

He's an old-fashioned Amish cyborg with no name. She's a virginal nymphomaniac fairy princess married to the Mob. Together, they fight crime!

The Blizzcon Class Discussion:
Crowd: "Our qq's will blot out the sun"
Warlocks: "Then we will pewpew in the shade"
DeeBye,Mar 20 2005, 03:35 PM Wrote:I just re-watched The Incredibles tonight with my family.  I've already seen it, but I bought the DVD that was released on Tuesday so my wife and son could watch it.
[right][snapback]71244[/snapback][/right]

On DVD? It's still playing in theatres here ...
DeeBye,Mar 19 2005, 09:35 PM Wrote:I just re-watched The Incredibles tonight with my family.  I've already seen it, but I bought the DVD that was released on Tuesday so my wife and son could watch it.  I don't know about you guys, but The Incredibles is the best CG animated film I've ever seen.  I could watch it over and over again.

I'll definitely keep an eye open for The Iron Giant.  In fact, I think the store where I work sells it for about $8.  I've never seen it, but I have heard that a lot of people liked it.

BTW, you fail at quoting  :)
[right][snapback]71244[/snapback][/right]
My wife, the avid EBAY consumer, has compiled an extensive home video library for my sons for very little money. Many people sell groups of preused videos once their kids out grow them. There can be some quality issues, but from my observations she was 99% successful with only a few "gotcha's".

If you are like me, want to buy the new DVD and keep it pristine and cherished for eons, then you are also like me and wait for overstocks and the hoopla to die down and then grab it at a bargain.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

whyBish,Mar 20 2005, 10:51 PM Wrote:On DVD?  It's still playing in theatres here ...
[right][snapback]71363[/snapback][/right]
It's out on DVD here, too. My girlfriend is planning on buying it as soon as the nearby Safeway restocks this week. :)
-TheDragoon
I remember there was a "James and the Giant Peach" movie a while back, but I don't remember how CG it was.

Also, if you're looking for good CG kids programming, I'd have to recommend VeggieTales. Most of them are half hour (or about that) shorts, but they did release a movie a few years back called "Jonah: A VeggieTales Movie."
Alea Jacta Est - Caesar
Guild Wars account: Lurker Wyrm