Blacksmithing Cooldown Recipe
It was my understanding that pretty much every tradeskill had a recipe that had a long cooldown, between 1-4 days. But I don't see one for Blacksmithing, and I don't see anyone complaining about a cooldown, so I'm guessing there isn't one. Am I missing something?
Less QQ more Pew Pew
Malakar,Mar 15 2005, 06:37 PM Wrote:It was my understanding that pretty much every tradeskill had a recipe that had a long cooldown, between 1-4 days. But I don't see one for Blacksmithing, and I don't see anyone complaining about a cooldown, so I'm guessing there isn't one. Am I missing something?
[right][snapback]70878[/snapback][/right]

Naw, but we need the cooldown recipes from alchemy to get anything done. :huh:
"AND THEN THE PALADIN TOOK MY EYES!"
Forever oppressed by the GOLs.
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek
Rinnhart,Mar 15 2005, 11:06 PM Wrote:Naw, but we need the cooldown recipes from alchemy to get anything done.  :huh:
Bleh, that sounds like a major drawback to me.

I was trying to go for mostly tradeskills that have cooldown recipes, because you can make some nice cash for basically waiting around and transmuting stuff. The fact that you get none in smithing is bad enough, but then you have to buy the ingredients from another profession? <_<
Less QQ more Pew Pew
Anyone know where I can find info on the BOP recipes for smithing? I'm trying to figure out whether I should drop it for another profession or not.
Less QQ more Pew Pew
Blacksmithing doesn't have a cooldown recipe, but it does have the 8 Dark Iron Ore = 1 Dark Iron Bar thing. Dark Iron Bars either go for tons of gold, or (normally) are used by the person who smelts it.
Malakar,Mar 16 2005, 12:54 AM Wrote:Anyone know where I can find info on the BOP recipes for smithing?[right][snapback]70905[/snapback][/right]
Not to discourage you, but...
Quote:Lokhtos Darkbargainer, the Thorium Brotherhood Vendor in BRD

When you first enter Blackrock Depths you are Neutral with the Thorium Brotherhood faction. You can find Lokhtos Darkbargainer, the Thoriuum Brotherhood vendor, in the bar in BRD. He tells you that you can raise your standing with his faction by turning in sets of 10 Dark Iron Ore (each set of 10 Dark Iron Ore is good for 100 Reputation points, 110 if you are human). He will also accept Core Leather, Blood of the Mountain, Fiery Cores and Lava Cores (if you can bear to turn theose in).

Thorium Brotherhood Reputation
It takes 3,000 Reputation to achieve Friendly, which works out to 300 Dark Iron Ore (280 if you are Human). It takes 6,000 additional Reputation to become Honored, which comes to 600 more Dark Iron Ore (550 for Human), or a total of 900 (830 for Human). It takes 12,000 additional Reputation to become Revered, which comes to 1,200 more Dark Iron Ore (1,100 for Human) for a total of 2,000 (1,930 for Human). It takes 24,000 additional Reputation to become Exalted, which comes to 2,400 more Dark Iron Ore (2,190 for Human) for a grand total of 4,400 Dark Iron Ore (4,120 for Human).
It's not a pretty prospect. This guy sells a number of the BoP smithing recipes for both armor and weapons.