Accidentally duping
I just wanted to know if you accidentally duped something does that make you unlegit? Like I went to pick up a normal item not intending to then i clicked on my gold piece and when i dropped it, it turned into the item I picked up then I dropped both and one disapeared along with the duped message.
~Juju

There is no body only the mind...

I use the best scanner ever! It's called Jarulf's Guide and Common sense! How cool is that?

Classic Warrior Saying:
"Nothing is immune to cold hard steel."

---00---,·"·"·,---00---
--( '.'Wink--`·. .·´--('.' )--
-o(")(")-------(")(")o-
There is but one commandment.
Thou shalt kill.
The-Insane-Juju-Man,Mar 13 Wrote:I just wanted to know if you accidentally duped something does that make you unlegit? Like I went to pick up a normal item not intending to then i clicked on my gold piece and when i dropped it, it turned into the item I picked up then I dropped both and one disapeared along with the duped message.
[right][snapback]70540[/snapback][/right]

Well, if it wasn't on purpose and the items disappeared or you discarded them, there is no reason for you not to be legit! :D

Just don't do it on purpose!!! OK! ;)

I am sorry about your gold, and the item, thou. :rolleyes:
It is a myth that the hair and nails grow after death! The skin shrinks, giving the illusion of their growth.

When J.F.K. was assassinated in 1963, it was not a federal felony to kill a U.S. President.

The leading cause of death to military personnel in peace time is drunk driving.

It would take more than 2.5 minutes to fall from the top of Mt. Everest.

0xDECAFBAD is a hex oddity, a coincidence of hexadecimal digits which just happens to hold some incidental semantic content to weird humans.
The-Insane-Juju-Man,Mar 12 Wrote:I just wanted to know if you accidentally duped something does that make you unlegit? Like I went to pick up a normal item not intending to then i clicked on my gold piece and when i dropped it, it turned into the item I picked up then I dropped both and one disapeared along with the duped message.

Of course it doesn't (as long as you don't *cough* accidentally *cough* dupe yourself an extra obs/zod or something). You should be careful about walking around while juggling items like that though... it's not a good idea. One time while I was trying to swap weapons, I "duped" my Dreamflange into a plain hunter's bow (that is, I ended up with 2 hunter's bows, one of which the game destroyed when dropped, and no Dreamflange). It was not cool, but then I never really cared much about my items anyway so it wasn't a big deal.

To be really nitpicky, if you realize you've accidentally dupe-morphed something, you should make sure one copy gets destroyed or left behind.
The-Insane-Juju-Man,Mar 12 Wrote:I just wanted to know if you accidentally duped something does that make you unlegit? Like I went to pick up a normal item not intending to then i clicked on my gold piece and when i dropped it, it turned into the item I picked up then I dropped both and one disapeared along with the duped message.

Forget it I just deleted the char.
~Juju

I use the best scanner ever! It's called Jarulf's Guide and Common sense! How cool is that?

Classic Warrior Saying:

---00---,·"·"·,---00---
-o(")(")-------(")(")o-
Thou shalt kill.
Nystul,Mar 12 2005, 11:22 PM Wrote:Of course it doesn't (as long as you don't *cough* accidentally *cough* dupe yourself an extra obs/zod or something).  You should be careful about walking around while juggling items like that though... it's not a good idea.  One time while I was trying to swap weapons, I "duped" my Dreamflange into a plain hunter's bow (that is, I ended up with 2 hunter's bows, one of which the game destroyed when dropped, and no Dreamflange).  It was not cool, but then I never really cared much about my items anyway so it wasn't a big deal.

To be really nitpicky, if you realize you've accidentally dupe-morphed something, you should make sure one copy gets destroyed or left behind.
[right][snapback]70544[/snapback][/right]

Great now I feal even worst because I deleted 8 hours of work and that was my only char :(
(I hate leveling.. and buying spells...)
~Juju

Classic Warrior Saying:

---00---,·"·"·,---00---
-o(")(")-------(")(")o-
Thou shalt kill.
The-Insane-Juju-Man,Mar 12 Wrote:Great now I feal even worst because I deleted 8 hours of work and that was my only char :(
(I hate leveling.. and buying spells...)
[right][snapback]70551[/snapback][/right]

If it feels like work or wasted time, you're doing something wrong. :P Games are supposed to be fun! And the most interesting, balanced part of Diablo is the first run through normal difficulty (not to mention the time when you change gear the most often, and change tactics the most often). So I'd suggest taking some time to smell the roses instead of rushing to get through it. If it's "old hat", you can always play a variant to make things more interesting.

I never understood the people who twink and speed-rush their way to level 30+ in order to get to what? 20 long, stretched-out, levels of grinding with chain lightning... To each their own, I guess.
Nystul,Mar 13 2005, 02:07 AM Wrote:If it feels like work or wasted time, you're doing something wrong.  :P  Games are supposed to be fun!  And the most interesting, balanced part of Diablo is the first run through normal difficulty (not to mention the time when you change gear the most often, and change tactics the most often).  So I'd suggest taking some time to smell the roses instead of rushing to get through it.  If it's "old hat", you can always play a variant to make things more interesting. 

I never understood the people who twink and speed-rush their way to level 30+ in order to get to what?  20 long, stretched-out, levels of grinding with chain lightning...  To each their own, I guess.
[right][snapback]70560[/snapback][/right]

I don't play for the challenge of the AI I play mostly to help friends and my way of helping is building a tank mage to do indefinite Laz runs thus getting them items to help them in whatever they need and also to kill cheaters in public games since they have no skill and I dodge 80+% of their fire balls :D
~Juju

Classic Warrior Saying:

---00---,·"·"·,---00---
-o(")(")-------(")(")o-
Thou shalt kill.
The-Insane-Juju-Man,Mar 13 Wrote:I don't play for the challenge of the AI I play mostly to help friends and my way of helping is building a tank mage to do indefinite Laz runs thus getting them items to help them in whatever they need and also to kill cheaters in public games since they have no skill and I dodge 80+% of their fire balls  :D
[right][snapback]70561[/snapback][/right]

That doesn't sound very helpful. As a side note, if you were using my CED package you wouldn't have had to worry about this. It prevents duping from occuring in the first place (with thanks to Dr. Zed for the original code to do it). I ported his solution over to v1.09 and fixed it not to interfere with normal storage for player 4. Further details can be found in the release notes.