Sweet sassy molassy!
"I made sure my non-droid party members were wearing Sand People robes when I entered the camp, but the Sand People weren't convinced. I was hoping for a peaceful resolution to that quest."

This shouldn't happen. Maybe there was something triggered from before? I dunno. But there certainly is a peaceful resolution, and, as far as I can tell, you did everything in your power to obtain it.

Anyone? Is there some other requirement than having HK-47 and wearing Sand People robes?

Jester

PS: Damn right Carth is a whiney bastard. You should have seen him cry to mommy when I told him that Bastila and I were going out.

Well, going out to conquer the universe under a dark aegis. But still... stiff upper lip, and all that.
DeeBye,Mar 10 2005, 12:26 AM Wrote:I know there is a KOTOR2, and I am already planning on buying it when I get done with KOTOR1.  Someone PLEASE tell me it is at least half as good the original.
[right][snapback]70187[/snapback][/right]

Gameplay-wise? Absolutely. It's prettly much the same as the first game :P

Story-wise? No.

Well, actually, the story is much better than the first game for the first two-thirds of it, then it just.... dies. It's like they just ran out of time, or LucasArts didn't like the ending. Left a sour taste in my mouth after playing it for sure :angry:
BANANAMAN SEZ: SHUT UP LADIES. THERE IS ENOF BANANA TO GO AROUND. TOOT!
Dozer,Mar 15 2005, 10:08 PM Wrote:Well, actually, the story is much better than the first game for the first two-thirds of it, then it just.... dies. It's like they just ran out of time, or LucasArts didn't like the ending. Left a sour taste in my mouth after playing it for sure    :angry:
[right][snapback]70884[/snapback][/right]

That's Lucas Arts for you anymore. They couldn't really pull weight with Bioware given their reputation, so they allowed them to finish KOTOR. Obsidian is considered new, even with their good employees from Black Isle, so they pulled weight and said "Finish this!"

I hate Lucas Arts as it exists nowadays. It used to be such a great company ...
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
I finished KOTOR1 and I'm now well into KOTOR2.

Please no spoilers for KOTOR2, hinted or otherwise!

I was a bit disappointed in the ending of KOTOR1. I was able to figure out how it would go after the game hinted at it a billion times and then punched me in the face with it with a big giant "HERE'S HOW THE GAME WILL END!" set of brass knuckes. By the end of Dantooine I already had a pretty good idea of how the rest of the game would play out.

Also, I absolutely hated the Star Forge level. Random respawning enemies made me incredibly mad. I want to replay KOTOR1 as a bad guy, but if I have to face random respawns at the end I'd rather not bother.
"Also, I absolutely hated the Star Forge level. Random respawning enemies made me incredibly mad."

I think they were a little stuck for ideas about how to challenge a Jedi/Sith who was essentially a deity by that point.

So they went with something frustrating, which I found only marginally worse than most of the enemies, which were complete nonentities.

Unfortunately, they just didn't balance it very well at the high levels, which makes for a dull/frustrating endgame.

Jester
Random respawns are very annoying to me. Enemies have to come from somewhere. Unless you're playing Star Trek and they transport in ;)

I have a few games where this happens and it always kills any sense of realism or immersion that I may have. If an enemy doesn't come in from a door, window, vehicle, or heck, even a parachute, it's very frustrating. Why bother clearing a building when the room you just left may have a brand new enemy appear out of thin air?
The Bill of No Rights
The United States has become a place where entertainers and professional athletes are mistaken for people of importance. Robert A. Heinlein