Dhack
I seem to have problems emulating Diablo on Windows XP I used to be able to do it on 98 when I couldn't work my disc. Could anyone help me?
~Juju

There is no body only the mind...

I use the best scanner ever! It's called Jarulf's Guide and Common sense! How cool is that?

Classic Warrior Saying:
"Nothing is immune to cold hard steel."

---00---,·"·"·,---00---
--( '.'Wink--`·. .·´--('.' )--
-o(")(")-------(")(")o-
There is but one commandment.
Thou shalt kill.
I'm trying to use the Dhack in Diablo Saver which also has Godmode for Autokill. So I was wondering if anyone could help me to try and get it to run off my HD.
~Juju

I use the best scanner ever! It's called Jarulf's Guide and Common sense! How cool is that?

Classic Warrior Saying:

---00---,·"·"·,---00---
-o(")(")-------(")(")o-
Thou shalt kill.
Cheat free is the way to be mkay. <_<
R.I.P. Pete! I can't believe you're gone. Sad
The-Insane-Juju-Man,Mar 10 Wrote:I'm trying to use the Dhack in Diablo Saver which also has Godmode for Autokill. So I was wondering if anyone could help me to try and get it to run off my HD.
[right][snapback]70195[/snapback][/right]

You probably forgot to call VirtualProtect. On OSes which actually enforce memory protections, you need to make the code segment writable before you can apply any code hacks. Win9x allowed WriteProcessMemory to clobber read-only areas, which is just silly. WinNT/2k/XP fix that.

Solution to your problem: make the target area writable first.
[vL]Kp,Mar 11 2005, Wrote:You probably forgot to call VirtualProtect.&nbsp; On OSes which actually enforce memory protections, you need to make the code segment writable before you can apply any code hacks.&nbsp; Win9x allowed WriteProcessMemory to clobber read-only areas, which is just silly.&nbsp; WinNT/2k/XP fix that.

Solution to your problem: make the target area writable first.
[right][snapback]70271[/snapback][/right]

If only I understood anything about computers ><
~Juju

Classic Warrior Saying:

---00---,·"·"·,---00---
-o(")(")-------(")(")o-
Thou shalt kill.
Nomad25055,Mar 10 2005, 05:45 PM Wrote:Cheat free is the way to be mkay.&nbsp; <_<
[right][snapback]70242[/snapback][/right]

Oh never knew emulating D1 was cheating sorry I'll stop trying to now.
~Juju

Classic Warrior Saying:

---00---,·"·"·,---00---
-o(")(")-------(")(")o-
Thou shalt kill.
The-Insane-Juju-Man,Mar 11 Wrote:Oh never knew emulating D1 was cheating sorry I'll stop trying to now.
[right][snapback]70286[/snapback][/right]

I think he referred to your second post.
Little Faith,Mar 11 2005, 08:07 AM Wrote:I think he referred to your second post.
[right][snapback]70320[/snapback][/right]

Correct.
R.I.P. Pete! I can't believe you're gone. Sad
Nomad25055,Mar 11 2005, 01:10 PM Wrote:Correct.
[right][snapback]70321[/snapback][/right]

Dhack is actually found on this site and has been used to emulate diablo and play mods off of. Only restriction I ever saw was that mod chars stay in mod games. And emulating Diablo to protect your disc from being overused didn't seem to get any negative replies.
~Juju

Classic Warrior Saying:

---00---,·"·"·,---00---
-o(")(")-------(")(")o-
Thou shalt kill.
The-Insane-Juju-Man,Mar 12 Wrote:Dhack is actually found on this site and has been used to emulate diablo and play mods off of. Only restriction I ever saw was that mod chars stay in mod games. And emulating Diablo to protect your disc from being overused didn't seem to get any negative replies.
[right][snapback]70448[/snapback][/right]

That's why I told you what to do to fix the problem. It's not my fault you can't use the information. I made it about as clear as I can without losing relevant details.
I think I found out why people aren't being very helpful to you. I am a master detective.

The-Insane-Juju-Man,Mar 10 Wrote:I'm trying to use the Dhack in Diablo Saver which also has Godmode for Autokill.
[right][snapback]70195[/snapback][/right]

Using Dhack to enable mods is one thing, but using it to enable Godmode versus Autokill is quite another.

Now, if you're looking for a way to run Diablo without having to insert your CD, you should try Daemon's Tools instead. It's a freeware CD/DVD-ROM emulator that will allow you to play imaged CDs directly from your harddrive.
DeeBye,Mar 12 2005, 03:32 AM Wrote:I think I found out why people aren't being very helpful to you.&nbsp; I am a master detective.
Using Dhack to enable mods is one thing, but using it to enable Godmode versus Autokill is quite another.

Now, if you're looking for a way to run Diablo without having to insert your CD, you should try Daemon's Tools instead.&nbsp; It's a freeware CD/DVD-ROM emulator that will allow you to play imaged CDs directly from your harddrive.
[right][snapback]70454[/snapback][/right]

I never intended to use the anti autokill. Just mentioned it for those people that like ruining the fun of cheaters :/
~Juju

Classic Warrior Saying:

---00---,·"·"·,---00---
-o(")(")-------(")(")o-
Thou shalt kill.
The-Insane-Juju-Man,Mar 11 Wrote:I never intended to use the anti autokill. Just mentioned it for those people that like ruining the fun of cheaters :/
[right][snapback]70455[/snapback][/right]

The Diablo 1-playing Lurkers have cornered the market on having fun at the cheater's expense, and it never involves using cheats. 'Tis a time-honoured tradition dating back to Ye Olde DSF Days.

*paging LemmingofGlory to thread #5428 for a humourous cheater story*
DeeBye,Mar 12 2005, 03:42 AM Wrote:The Diablo 1-playing Lurkers have cornered the market on having fun at the cheater's expense, and it never involves using cheats.&nbsp; 'Tis a time-honoured tradition dating back to Ye Olde DSF Days.

*paging LemmingofGlory to thread #5428 for a humourous cheater story*
[right][snapback]70457[/snapback][/right]

It's fun killing cheaters especially in there decked out gear. I would use daemon tools (just downloaded it) but I can't understand it but I have figured out how to use my burner so I might just burn a backup? But thats probably illegal so I'll have to ask someone I know to show me how to do this :/ Thx for the help though :lol:
~Juju

Classic Warrior Saying:

---00---,·"·"·,---00---
-o(")(")-------(")(")o-
Thou shalt kill.
The-Insane-Juju-Man,Mar 11 Wrote:I would use daemon tools (just downloaded it) but I can't understand it but I have figured out how to use my burner so I might just burn a backup? But thats probably illegal so I'll have to ask someone I know to show me how to do this :/ Thx for the help though&nbsp; :lol:
[right][snapback]70460[/snapback][/right]

There's nothing illegal about using Daemon's Tools providing you already own the original disks. You'll need to copy an image of your Diablo disk to your harddrive first, and then mount it with Daemon's Tools. The website I linked to gives you the resources you'll need.

There's also nothing illegal about using software you own from a backup disk. I make it a general rule to burn everything I buy to CD-R.
The-Insane-Juju-Man,Mar 12 Wrote:It's fun killing cheaters especially in there decked out gear. I would use daemon tools (just downloaded it) but I can't understand it but I have figured out how to use my burner so I might just burn a backup? But thats probably illegal so I'll have to ask someone I know to show me how to do this :/ Thx for the help though&nbsp; :lol:
[right][snapback]70460[/snapback][/right]

Hmm I might as well burn it incase my comp crashes or I reformat it or something. Thx for all the info :D
~Juju

Classic Warrior Saying:

---00---,·"·"·,---00---
-o(")(")-------(")(")o-
Thou shalt kill.
You're probably using an older version of Dhack. Version 2.13 should work with Xp, at least it does with W2k
[Image: Zamal.gif]
Zamal,Mar 12 2005, 09:48 AM Wrote:You're&nbsp; probably using an older version of Dhack. Version 2.13 should work with Xp, at least it does with W2k
[right][snapback]70483[/snapback][/right]

I'm using the one I got from this site... Downloaded it a few days ago too...
~Juju

Classic Warrior Saying:

---00---,·"·"·,---00---
-o(")(")-------(")(")o-
Thou shalt kill.
Quote:You're probably using an older version of Dhack. Version 2.13 should work with Xp, at least it does with W2k

where would you get the latest version of DHACK Zamal?
Quote:where would you get the latest version of DHACK Zamal?

I have a copy of it on my webspace here.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?"

-W.C. Fields