"Dummy" Files in WinXP Pro
I've been wondering for a while now: I've got a lot of semi-transparent files in my WINDOWS folder named $NtUninstallKB282010$ or variations thereof. Inside of each are usually a few *.dll's and a "Spuninst" folder containing other files such as *.bat, *.exe, and *.inf. What exactly am I looking at here? something for XP System restore? A general area for copies of things that I've already uninstalled?
"You can build a perfect machine out of imperfect parts."
-Urza

He's an old-fashioned Amish cyborg with no name. She's a virginal nymphomaniac fairy princess married to the Mob. Together, they fight crime!

The Blizzcon Class Discussion:
Crowd: "Our qq's will blot out the sun"
Warlocks: "Then we will pewpew in the shade"
Urza-DSF,Jan 31 2005, 01: Wrote:I've been wondering for a while now: I've got a lot of semi-transparent files in my WINDOWS folder named $NtUninstallKB282010$ or variations thereof.  Inside of each are usually a few *.dll's and a "Spuninst" folder containing other files such as *.bat, *.exe, and *.inf.  What exactly am I looking at here?  something for XP System restore?  A general area for copies of things that I've already uninstalled?
[right][snapback]66767[/snapback][/right]

$NtUninstallKB282010$ is an information file that stores uninstall information for a particular windows patch (KB282010)