The 'Interesting Screenshots' Thread
[Image: deepbreath.jpg]

This can only end with tears.
"AND THEN THE PALADIN TOOK MY EYES!"
Forever oppressed by the GOLs.
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek
MongoJerry,Feb 8 2005, 10:18 PM Wrote:Hunters are good at PvP, and they become *excellent* in group PvP situations which tend to be more ranged affairs.
[right][snapback]67632[/snapback][/right]

Hunter + frost mage = complete freakin' nightmare.

Hunters are an excellent pvp class, and the only one I've encountered who can boast about not having trouble with shamans.
"AND THEN THE PALADIN TOOK MY EYES!"
Forever oppressed by the GOLs.
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek
Hillary,May 26 2005, 01:50 PM Wrote:*Stabs Arethor with a spork*
[right][snapback]78657[/snapback][/right]

I second that stab!

I'm 'lazying' on dreadmist. I don't know why I bother. I don't wear my 5 DM pieces most of the time. I have much better blues and full necropile set, which is in many ways superior to DM.

Hey hilary, want my DM? I know its soulbound, but as a warlock I should be able to extract souls and stuff them into neat little shards. Why not my own? In all seriousness though, if you wanted to start a char on mannoroth, I'd gladly set you up with whatever you needed early on--even though you're not likely to desire or dare brave pvp servers.

I got my epic pony after gathering the ghost mushroom myself, dropping herblaism, learning mining over 2 real life weeks, xmuting the arcanite myself, doing 5 man scholo several times, went on skinning raids with fellow warlocks, fought wave after wave of alliance out of winterspring, and penetrated darkwhisperer gorge all the way to the hederine demon queen to slay that demon wench, and any alliance that dared also to follow, and employed the aid of dozens of friends I've made through pvp dueling and sifting through hundreds of pickup raids and groups for a few good players,

Supplied many a rogue fadeleaf throughout for their aid. All together, I think it took me about a month and a half in real life time.

I had help, but did soooooo much solo.

Darn new warlocks having an easier time.

Edit to add stabs.

*STAB STAB STAB* Stab of a thousand pvp rogues and my focal sword /w Firestone proc
After a couple of weeks of bugging every enchanter I saw in Ironforge, as well as just posting in trade that I was looking for the +5 to a one handed weapon enchant, I finally found someone tonight who could do it!

[Image: 5blades.jpg]

They are quite bright, and very mobile. It's entrancing to watch the color shift and flow on them.
~Not all who wander are lost...~
Mirajj,May 31 2005, 05:35 AM Wrote:After a couple of weeks of bugging every enchanter I saw in Ironforge, as well as just posting in trade that I was looking for the +5 to a one handed weapon enchant, I finally found someone tonight who could do it!

[Image: 5blades.jpg]

They are quite bright, and very mobile. It's entrancing to watch the color shift and flow on them.
[right][snapback]78988[/snapback][/right]

My rough calculations are that it adds just over 3 dps (I'm assuming it adds to minimum and maximum range before applying the speed). Pretty awesome for 1 handed weapon.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Here's a nice screenshot I took while helping out in Maraudon last night. I thought it was cool-looking just because there's so much detail in the shot. The light from the spell I was casting along with all of the spores being released in the background make for a nice picture. :)

[Image: Noxious%20Cavern.jpg]
-TheDragoon
Rinnhart,May 27 2005, 11:04 PM Wrote:Hunter + frost mage = complete freakin' nightmare.

Hunters are an excellent pvp class, and the only one I've encountered who can boast about not having trouble with shamans.

Absolutely, they're fantastic. The #1 ranked PvP player for Horde on Tichondrius is a hunter. I've PvPed with him a lot, and it's just awesome to see how hunters can track down anyone and the hunter's ability to detect and destroy rogues makes them essential in any good 5-man PvP party. Every time I'm in a group PvP situation without a hunter, it's just not the same.
[Image: Braney_and_Pinky.jpg]

"What're we going to do tonight, Braney*?"
"What we do every night Pinky. Try to take over the world!"

Introducing the latest Lurker on Stormrage. Braney and her pet pink flamingo, Pinky! I was playing my Tauren hunter on Tichondrius when I came across this flaming pink flamingo boss in Mulgore. I tamed him and when racking my brain for a name, I thought of "Pinky" which made me instantly think of "Pinky and the Brain" which made me instantly want to reroll to make the smallest hunter I could get, which was of course a dwarf. Besides, it gets so lonely on Tichondrius, and I miss you guys. So, expect to see me a lot more active on Stormrage in the coming weeks, and beware the Pink Flamingo of Death!

By the way, keep sending in Screenshots That Are Somewhat Interesting submissions. I need more of them -- lots more. The above two shots of Onyxia and Mauradan would definitely have qualified. STSI can be beautiful shots, silly shots, or shots of interesting bugs. Basically, it can be anything "interesting" that makes you go, "Woah! Check that out!"

* Intentionally mispelled to avoid conflicts with Blizzard naming policies.
MongoJerry,Jun 6 2005, 10:14 PM Wrote:"What're we going to do tonight, Braney*?"
"What we do every night Pinky.  Try to take over the world!"

That's just the pinnacle of awesomeness.
A few weeks ago, I was very bored while waiting for a raid group to gather, so I decided to swim from Hinterlands to Tirisfal Glades, and see if I could find something interesting on the way.

When I had made my way around the eastern plaguelands, I came upon this towerghthouse along the coast. I couldn't enter it, and there were no npcs or mobs around, but it was still a nice surprise. :)

[Image: Lighthouse-001.jpg]
Boy oh boy. Lochnar is just a killing machine! (Ignore the guy in the background - he just wandered in and cast a portal - yeah that's it, wandered in and cast a portal.)

[Image: wow00042.jpg]

For those saying, huh? That's Kazzak himself taking a dirt nap! Took two tries and more time putting it together than killing, but satisfying none the less. Thanks to Tutelin and guild for asking Lochnar and Rylea (must have been short on mage types ;) ).

[edit] forgot to thank them for the invite :whistling:
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
This is what the giant lobsters do if you try to steal their fishing pole. Let me out! Let me out!

[Image: wow00043.jpg]

I happened to be swimming right where the shellfish trap spawned. It was clickable from inside so I fooled them - still no fishing pole though. :(
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
Took this shot of Svetok while gathering Essence of Earth. Probably one of the best shots I've taken thus far.

[Image: wowscrnshot0620051204416lx.jpg]
See you in Town,
-Z
And here's one from a while back, showcasing the fun of floating corpses.... DWARVEN AMBUSH!

[Image: dwarvenambush6fu.jpg]
See you in Town,
-Z
Zarathustra,Jun 21 2005, 12:45 PM Wrote:And here's one from a while back, showcasing the fun of floating corpses.... DWARVEN AMBUSH!
[right][snapback]81174[/snapback][/right]
Hehehehe. That one just tickles me. Thanks for sharing it. :) It makes me chuckle like the one where a dark iron dwarf was trying to cop a feel on Aleri after he died. :D
Intolerant monkey.
Some screenshots I think that are funny:

The white dwarf! And he's invisible to boot. Note that Blizzard provided for different moustaches/beard configurations. It's all in the textures.

[Image: c1b8b41b.jpg]

Probably old by now, gryphons that decide to take their paying guest on a tour through Ironforge. "Would you please dismount the steed, good sir!"

[Image: 4ef7f80b.jpg]

Gnomish deepdiver. Probably looking for that treasure chest over there...

[Image: 00b05266.jpg]

I didn't know that the deeprun tram goes right through Loch Ness.

[Image: cdfdab2e.jpg]

What's wrong with this picture? Anybody guess what's this I have in the ranged slot?

[Image: 56bcbb9c.jpg]

Yaarrr!

[Image: 2ab2596a.jpg]

I always like to see the buildings I know from playing WC3 from a different perspective. This is a Scourge building in Stratholme from the inside.

[Image: 1b20b5b3.jpg]

Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm!
[Image: cavernsoftime.jpg]
My Night Eld Druid, healing herself at Night in the Wetlands :)

[Image: WoW_Shakti_healing_herself_at_Night.jpg]
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
nobbie,Jun 23 2005, 07:26 AM Wrote:My Night Eld Druid, healing herself at Night in the Wetlands :)
[right][snapback]81398[/snapback][/right]
Oooh. Very pretty.
Intolerant monkey.
I feel like I'm waiting for the pope or something.

*holds breath, faints*