The 'Interesting Screenshots' Thread
TaiDaishar,Mar 11 2005, 02:03 PM Wrote:I wouldn't be so quick to thank someone as the picture doesn't seem to show up unless it's a blindingly beautiful red X
[right][snapback]70362[/snapback][/right]

Think its filtered on your end Tai - shows up fine on my end with three different providers. :)
Tal,Mar 11 2005, 12:11 PM Wrote:Think its filtered on your end Tai - shows up fine on my end with three different providers. :)
[right][snapback]70366[/snapback][/right]
Showed up fine for me as well.
Intolerant monkey.
Skandranon,Mar 11 2005, 08:06 PM Wrote:I'm fairly sure that's a problem on your end.  I checked with three different browsers and purged caches to make sure it was actually going through, and it is.  Can you see any of my other images?
[right][snapback]70365[/snapback][/right]

Aieee, oddly enough, I can now see it, before no matter what I tired I couldn't see it.

The Internet Ninjas are at work here! :shuriken:
"Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards, and seal the hushed casket of my soul" - John Keats, "To Sleep"
TaiDaishar,Mar 11 2005, 03:30 PM Wrote:The Internet Ninjas are at work here!  :shuriken:
I thought it was either the ninja's or the pirates. But it looks like it might have been the... Vikings!?

[Image: Baycon.VikingDavid.jpg]

Cheers :P,

Munk
Skandranon,Mar 11 2005, 08:15 AM Wrote:Just finished a set of Jade armour on my paladin.

Yes, strangely enough, this counts as a full suit of Plate armour.

[Image: jadeplate4tu.jpg]

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting
[right][snapback]70355[/snapback][/right]

That getup is almost as classy as Rylea's "Elegant Leggings".
Boutros,Mar 11 2005, 04:57 PM Wrote:That getup is almost as classy as Rylea's "Elegant Leggings".
[right][snapback]70413[/snapback][/right]

Hey, hey, don't mock the Elegant Leggings. They're the best +int/+sta equip I've been able to get for the leg slot. Besides, soon come the days of the Magister's Robe, where she'll look the same as just about every other level 60 mage.
Skandranon,Mar 11 2005, 05:19 PM Wrote:Besides, soon come the days of the Magister's Robe, where she'll look the same as just about every other level 60 mage.
[right][snapback]70420[/snapback][/right]

Just another reason I want a more robust crafting system. Give the crafters some look modify skills. Maybe make them like a lot of the smelting skills where by the time you can get them they are green or grey for skill-ups so you can't abuse them for skilling up and heck I wouldn't mind having them have some expense to them either through the reagents needed (since it is just a vanity thing). But I would like to be able to go to a tailor and alter the cut if not the color of my item. Or have blacksmith put some interesting decorative spikes on my armor. An enchanter who could do some neat etchings. Stuff like that. Leave the stats be, just have some purely appearance altering skills. You could put it on an NPC if you want, but I am more in favor of PC controled skills.

I would really to see the crafting that Horizons promised (but failed to deliver) where when you are constructing a sword you can choose the hilt, the blade, the colors, the decorations, etc. The stats for every "copper doom sword" would be the same, but they wouldn't all look the same. Even with say a rapier which has a fairly defined look can still have some blade variation.

Ah well. The coding is much easier this way and it actually is easier on performance since there are less object types that can be drawn less textures in use and such. But little things like that really help my immersion and would make screenshots even more interesting. :) While smacking things around is very enjoyable, crafting is my immersion factor. If I could fix buildings (that other players could damage) I could be a happy little crafter and feel a lot more part of the world.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Aleri has her new beautiful ram and many thanks for the loan that made it possible. I'm so happy I had to show her off. Now I have to think of a name for my ram since she'll be with me for a while, even though I can't actually name her in game.
Intolerant monkey.
I've collected a couple of shots around WoW, and figured that I'd share this one.

Here's one of my 'crew'. Me, my pet, my mount, and my tagalong. ;)

[Image: ThreeOfUs2.jpg]
~Not all who wander are lost...~
.. or are you just happy to see me? ;)

[Image: wow00037.jpg]
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
This is a nice and colourful picture.

[Image: epic0bl.jpg]

(this is also shameless bragging in two different ways. yes, that is an epic mount.)

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting
These aren't cropped or anything, but we were in Uldaman and fighting Grimlock. Appearently he thought Gnolack was just way too big so he did something about it:

Gnolack got shrunk!
Aleri comes to help
---
Gnollguy,Apr 10 2005, 02:01 PM Wrote:These aren't cropped or anything, but we were in Uldaman and fighting Grimlock.  Appearently he thought Gnolack was just way too big so he did something about it:

Gnolack got shrunk!
Aleri comes to help
[right][snapback]73534[/snapback][/right]
You looked so cute and tiny I had to try to get a screenie of it. Too bad some completely unrelated program on my machine decided to flake out right then. It was darned cute seeing that little speck of a warrior running around. And no, Orion the kitty was not made larger. Gnolack was just shrunk that much. :)
Intolerant monkey.
WarLocke,Jan 14 2005, 10:17 PM Wrote:Earlier today, I picked up this little trinket, and a few people wanted to see what it looked like.  So here's me in my pansy robes and my new horned skull:

[Image: Behrd_SkullTotem.jpg]

Now, this thread is for other interesting screenshots.  Talk amongst yourselves.  :whistling:
[right][snapback]65454[/snapback][/right]

But...

... where is Warlocke?
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Gnollguy,Apr 10 2005, 12:01 PM Wrote:These aren't cropped or anything, but we were in Uldaman and fighting Grimlock.  Appearently he thought Gnolack was just way too big so he did something about it:

Gnolack got shrunk!

I wonder if you could be made even smaller with a gnomish shrink ray on top of that curse.
MongoJerry,Apr 11 2005, 06:21 PM Wrote:I wonder if you could be made even smaller with a gnomish shrink ray on top of that curse.
[right][snapback]73653[/snapback][/right]

Or, conversely:

There is a witch-doctor in Durotar who casts random spells on you. One of them is 'All Grown Up' which makes you much larger. To add to that, a potion of Giant Growth stacks! Don't know how you'd do it for Alliance, but it'd be neat to see THE GIANT GNOME!
[Image: gurnseyheader6lk.jpg]
Shameless bump to show off Shalandrax's horse and to ask for help in naming her:

[Image: horse1.png]
[Image: horse2.png]

The daughter favors "Sam" and the wife favors "Salem". I would like something a little more fantasy-ish for my new mare (yes it is a female despite the reins belonging to a black stallion - the daughter insisted since Sharanna's charger is a male).

So I turn to the creativity of my fellow lurkers. What is a good fantasy name for this little mare? :)
Tal,Apr 22 2005, 03:05 PM Wrote:Shameless bump to show off Shalandrax's horse and to ask for help in naming her:

[Image: horse1.png]
[Image: horse2.png]

The daughter favors "Sam" and the wife favors "Salem". I would like something a little more fantasy-ish for my new mare (yes it is a female despite the reins belonging to a black stallion - the daughter insisted since Sharanna's charger is a male).

So I turn to the creativity of my fellow lurkers. What is a good fantasy name for this little mare? :)
[right][snapback]74788[/snapback][/right]

Shadowstrider.
He didn't like my suggestion of Four Legged Meat Bag. I'm still not sure why. :) I mean there is the option of With a Tail that you can put on it too.

Ever since I was first asked for assistance I can't get the obvious Sable out of my head, but that really doesn't have any tie ins to ancient myths or legends. My knowledge of gods and Arthurian legends didn't yield anything good either.
---
Knightmare or Nightmare. Either would have the bonus of only having been used 42,000 times already. ;) :lol:
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."